Locations

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
mia
Yearbook Team

Locations

Post by mia » Nov 7th 1999, 10:26 pm

Just curious: Where is everyone from? BTW: just won an e-bay auction for a MSCL t-shirt. On the front: MSCL logo; on the back: "This life has been a test. Had this been an actual life, you would have been give instructions on where to go an what to do." Cost me a pretty penny, but Yea Us!!!

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Locations

Post by angelika » Nov 7th 1999, 11:57 pm

Mia--that is awesome!! Go you!! :-) Oh--and in answer to your location question, I'm from Indiana. Interesting topic--I was talking to my youth director the other day, and we were discussing how we always tell people we're from Chicago instead of Indiana. It just sounds better. :-) So please know that NO, I'm not a corn husker. :-) I live in Northwest Indiana, which is TOTALLY different from the rest of the state. So there's that. :-) Just didn't want to lead you astray with the thought that I was a farmer. :-) I'm interested to hear what part of the country everyone else is from as well...

~angelika~

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » Nov 8th 1999, 1:51 am

I'm from St. Louis. And I'm curious how old everyone is. My guess would be teens to early twenties.
I, on the other hand, am older than dirt. Much older, in fact, than 'oldguy'. I'm a shocking 39 years old
and looking forty right in the eyes. But, nonetheless, I'm a huge MSCL fan and so are several other
people I know in my age group (well, they're maybe not huge fans but they did enjoy the show when
it was on). So anyways, if it's not much trouble, as people list their geographic locations I'd appreciate
it if they also listed their ages. Just curious.

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Post by oldguy » Nov 8th 1999, 10:00 am

Hey, I'm currently residing in the middle of Indiana --- and I'm no corn husker either
(although if I were a corn husker, I'd probably be quite proud of it, thank you very
much). Actually, I was born & raised in Chicago, so I'm not a real "hoosier."
I'm 34, although since I was in graduate school 'til the age of 30, I originally
watched MSCL while still in school!

I'd also like to hear what other TV shoes people have liked. I thought three
shows in the 90's changed my view of television: MSCL, X-Files, and NYPD
Blue. I'm currently still a big X-Files fan, although I thought "NY" went down
hill after the first two years. I recently have become a huge "Roswell" fan
("huge" refers to my love of the show, not my physical size!).

mia
Yearbook Team

Post by mia » Nov 8th 1999, 1:32 pm

Hey, I'm 24 (well, almost 25...no, actually, I've vowed to stay 21 for the rest of my life. whatever.). Anyway, I'm from Atlanta, GA. Oher TV shows I like...um, the X-Files (although it's so complex nowadays that if you haven't been following it from the beginning, you're totally lost), Friends (yes I admit it,; it's a sickness.), Buffy, the Vampire Slayer...don't watch much TV on a regular basis, actually...

Matthew
Tino

Post by Matthew » Nov 8th 1999, 2:09 pm

I'm a city kid, born and raised and still in Chicago. I'm 19 years old. It's pretty weird that 2 of the 3 shows I liked best from the 90's (MSCL, Nowhere Man, The X-Files) were cancelled after only one season. Oh well.

adam
Three Rivers Resident

Post by adam » Nov 8th 1999, 5:22 pm

I'm from Buffalo NY and im 17. Other shows include buffy simpsons dawsons creek and party of five no comments please!

saake
Nicky Driscoll

Post by saake » Nov 8th 1999, 5:39 pm

well... im from Swedens capital Stockholm or to be more specific a suburb named Råcksta. I watched mcsl some yers ago and lowed it. Im 28 yers old and work as a preschool teatcher. I watch x-files regulary.

Åke

Post by Guest » Nov 8th 1999, 6:32 pm

Hello US !

I am a 26 years old French guy and yes , i love Mscl,but actually i must admit that i like Felicity too (first season here) and of course X-files , and something completly different...Ally mac Beal !

Fab

Sorry for anonymous...i will be a registered user soon ;)

soma
Liberty High Student

Post by soma » Nov 8th 1999, 9:10 pm

I'm 20, and where I'm from is a bit vague. :) No, I'm not Roswellian...(wink at oldguy)

Currently I reside in Sacramento, CA. Next summer I'll move to Davis to attend UC Davis. In order, all the places I've lived: KI Sawyer, MI; Shreveport, LA; Atwater, CA; Omaha, NE; Shreveport, LA; Wheatland, CA; Boise, ID; and Sacramento, CA. I was an Air Force "brat". :)

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 8th 1999, 10:55 pm

I'm 20 and live in Alabama. and like angelika, I don't live on a farm or in the backwoods, hee hee. I watch many WB shows now: Buffy, Felicity, Roswell, and yes-Dawson's. I also love the show, That 70's Show. it's just so cute and funny.

emmie

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Nov 8th 1999, 11:30 pm

Well, I'm 19 (nearly 20) and I currently live in Nashville, TN (and I DON'T like country music, to obliterate some possible stereotypes- no offense to anyone who does). I've lived here since I was 10, but I'm originally from north AL (what part are you from emmie?). Let's see, I am currently addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Angel)....I was a big Dawson's Creek fan first season, but then I got busy and missed a whole lot and now with the way things look, I probably wouldn't like it as much anyway. I was a sucker for the whole Joey/Dawson unrequited love thing. I'd have to go with some of the people that have already posted, in that I pretty much watch WB shows. I like X-Files, but I missed a whole lot in the middle so I haven't watched it much lately. Um, let's see, I am a movie buff and could (pre-MSCL obsession) be seen constantly visiting sites dedicated to the Disney movie Newsies (no comments here please! =) )

Tracey

angelika
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by angelika » Nov 9th 1999, 3:53 pm

Oooh! I wanted to fill everyone in, since I answered the post before Jack asked for ages. I am 16, but I will be 17 in EXACTLY one month! How exciting! :-) (Seventeen is a wierd age--it's past the driver's license age, but it's not the legal adult age yet, either. I guess the only new priviledge will be being able to buy rated R movie tickets and donating blood. EXCITING!!) :-) I still haven't gotten around to seeing Roswell yet... According to you guys, it sounds good, so I think I'll make that extra effort to make time for it in my schedule. :-) How interesting it is to hear where everyone is from!

Odessam
Jody Barsh

Post by Odessam » Nov 10th 1999, 1:08 pm

Well I'm 17 and I'm from Finland. Favorite tv-series are (some not all) Buffy, X-Files, MSCL and that's about it. Bye

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Nov 10th 1999, 10:25 pm

Did someone make the shirt, or is it an actual shirt put out by the show? Just curious because I have recently gotten ambitious enough to get around to making my own t-shirt transfers on the computer (it's great fun- just edit the pictures you want and make them all fit on one page and then print them onto these special tranfer sheets that you can buy at just about anywhere, Wal-Mart even)...I'm in the process of trying a neat one revolving around the Brian/Jordan letter. =)

Tracey