girls' bathroom

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

girls' bathroom

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 21st 2002, 5:14 pm

During The Zit and the girls are in the bathroom (I think it's around 26min in, I'll post again in a little bit after I check agian) there is a lot of graffiti on the walls and stalls. Anyway, there's this one thing that really caught my eye. It says, "A.J. + Chris." Possibly AJ Langer and someone named Chris? Does anyone think/know that the cast members were involved in marking up the bathroom sets like that? It would be cool if they did!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 21st 2002, 5:38 pm

From the MSCL Bible http://www.mscl.com/bible/trivia.html
One of the recurring "in-jokes" can be found in most of the Bathroom Scenes. If you look closely at the graffiti, you might see among the various scrawl, "A.J. + Chris" in any of various forms, including "A.J.L. + C.F.S." [1.3] which leaves little doubt that this is some reference to A.J. and some real-life honey of hers. (See episodes 3, 5, 6, 8, and 10.)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 21st 2002, 7:40 pm

Thanks candygirl. I figured it had been discussed somewhere else on this website. Just needed a point in the right direction, I guess!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 29th 2002, 7:45 pm

A question about the stalls in the girls bathroom - in the earlier episodes, the stall doors are not very tall (which is correct if my memories of high school bathrooms serves me correctly) but in Self Esteem the stalls seem a lot taller when Cynthia Hargrove asks Angela if she ever worked at Big Guy Burger. Am I just imagining things?!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 3rd 2003, 4:28 am

In Father Figures, the top of the stall door is beneath Angela's eye level (meaning perverts could totally look into the stalls!). Maybe they are in a different bathroom in Self Esteem?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

likelife
Liberty High Student

Post by likelife » Feb 3rd 2003, 10:23 pm

well. either the various bathroom scenes take place in different bathrooms, or there were some strange "changes" that took place in the bathroom throughout the show (kind of like the chase house). the door is not always in the same relationship to the mirror. in the zit, it's to the right of the mirrors, and in self-esteem it's to the left.

speaking of bathroom scenes, in the "duh squared" bathroom scene, the flourescent light is flickering and buzzing more than it does in any other scene (actually, i think there's one scene in the pilot that also has a flickering light...)... is this a twin peaks autopsy of laura palmer reference?

lithiumkat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lithiumkat » May 20th 2003, 8:43 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the A.J. + Chris thing, lol I noticed that awhile back and it got my mind reeling. And just last night I noticed the thing on the credits w/ "Jenifer Catalano" and that "tough guy" was played by "Josh Gummersall" It got me to thinking about that stuff, and I had noticed a long time ago that Katimski was probably a play on the last name Katims. Glad to know I'm not the only psycho obsessive person to notice all those little things. Its like someone else said in another post somewhere about how great it is that MSCL did not forget all the little things. things like that, and things like the repetitive sayings and the transitions and stuff.
"people always say how you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing...like a toaster or something, like you can know what it is even."