30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto's band)

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 21st 2003, 4:08 pm

For those of you who missed Leno, it is available here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 22nd 2003, 3:29 pm

Updated list of TSTM shows:

2/06 Athens, GA @ 40 Watt Club w/ Chevelle, Trust Co, Cinder, Pacifier
2/07 Chattanooga, TN @ The Bay w/ Chevelle, Trust Co, Cinder, Pacifier
2/08 Columbia, SC @ Senate Park w/ Chevelle, Trust Co, Cinder, Pacifier
2/09 Winston Salem, NC@ Ziggy’s w/ Chevelle, Trust Co, Cinder, Pacifier
2/10 Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts w/ Chevelle and Pulse Ultra
2/13 Boise, ID @ Big Easy w/ Chevelle and Pulse Ultra
2/14 Seattle, WA KNDD Radio Show (Venue, Other acts TBA)
2/16 Palo Alto, CA @ Icon
2/17 Sacramento, CA @ Boardwalk w/ Chevelle and Pulse Ultra
2/18 Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues w/ Chevelle and Pulse Ultra
2/19 West Hollywood, CA @ Roxy Theater
2/20 San Diego, CA @ the Scene w/ Chevelle and Pulse Ultra
2/21 Las Vegas, NV @ Huntridge Theater
2/22 Ventura, CA @ Ventura Theater
2/23 Albuqurque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
2/25 Tulsa, OK @ Curly's
2/26 Pittsburgh, KS @ Mickey Finn's
2/27 Columbia, MO @ Blue Note w/ Chevelle, Pulse Ultra
2/28 Indianapolis, IN @ Murat Egyptian Room w/Chevelle, Pulse Ultra
3/01 Louisville, KY @ Jillian's
3/03 Lawrence, KS @ the Bottleneck
3/04 Des Moines, IA @ Toad Holler w/ Chevelle andPulse Ultra

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared & TSTM on Jimmy Kimmel

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 23rd 2003, 4:27 pm

Thirty Seconds to Mars will appear on the Jimmy Kimmel Show on ABC on February 19. No details yet, most likely since Jimmy's new show hasn't premiered yet, but you can check out the official website

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 23rd 2003, 4:31 pm

You can also view their performance on Last Call here

FYI - they will be taping another Last Call performance on March 25!

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 24th 2003, 5:08 am

I am really getting spoiled by having so many chances to see 30STM on TV. Still, it's great to see Jared and his band get so much exposure. Hopefully this means there are many more great things to come from 30STM.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 24th 2003, 5:11 am

Do any of you regular viewers of Last Call know if the musical guest only always plays one song or if sometimes the whole show is devoted to the musical artist? It was great to see 30STM make its debut on this show, and I'm wondering if Carson having the band back on means there will be more than just a song performed this time out.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 24th 2003, 10:20 am

I can't stand Jimmy Kimmel. But I might try and stomach him to see 30STM. I have never seen them perform.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 24th 2003, 3:04 pm

I've only seen Last Call a few times (because Carson is a tool, but we won't go into that now) and it really depends on the guest (and, I'm sure, what their agent wants). Sometimes he spends a lot of time talking to the musical guest, other times ehhhhh - one song like when TSTM was on.

In general, there are a lot of factors that go into how much time the musical artist guests (especially on other talk shows). Since the musical guest is usually last, if the other interviews run long then they play a song and the credits roll. Sometimes the agent specifically requests that the artist is not to be interviewed (a familiar story for anyone who saw that little blurb on VH1 about Mariah Carey's first appearance on the Arsenio Hall show). It wouldn't surprise me if TSTM requested a "performance only" spot since they are very protective of their privacy and they want their fans to concentrate on the music rather than Jared's acting career.

I do hope that they get to sit down with Carson and talk a little bit though!

:D

molkoshake
Tino

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Post by molkoshake » Feb 1st 2003, 11:43 am

Just thought I'd post that Solon Bixler has left the band now, so they looking for someone to replace him.
Quite shocked when they posted that on the official board...
I'll see you at the bitter end

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Feb 1st 2003, 8:19 pm

Oh my god.....

WHY?!?!?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 1st 2003, 8:45 pm

The official word from TSTM:
WE ARE SORRY TO SAY, THIRTYSECONDSTOMARS AND SOLON HAVE PARTED WAYS. AS A RESULT OF THIS AMAZING BUT CHALLENGING PAST YEAR OF CONSTANT TOURING AND PROMOTION SOLON HAS REALIZED THAT LIFE ON THE ROAD IS NOT WHAT HE HAD HOPED FOR. PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT. IT WAS A DIFFICULT BUT INEVITABLE DECISION THAT WAS MADE WITH COMPLETE RESPECT AND LOVE. THIS SEPARATION IS AMICABLE AND WE WISH HIM THE BEST.

ALL FUTURE PLANS WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED. WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING HIS REPLACEMENT MOMENTARILY.
Unofficially, I don't know but it was shocking. I thought after all the drama last year that the band lineup was going to last.

:(

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

don't forget- Craig Kilborne on the 3rd!

Post by Lindsay » Feb 1st 2003, 8:46 pm

Ok, I just checked the 30 Seconds to Mars web site, and instead of asking in the forum provided there, I'd like to check with people HERE who may have the same information, but are probably a billion times nicer about it.

Firstly, is it just me, or is the forum there crazy and STRICT? I totally understand and respect the rule of discussing the MUSIC only, it makes complete sence, but they are over the top about it there. I've never actually posted anything because
a) I'm afraid- from the few times I've been on there seems to be arguments, etc.
b) I feel excluded. They're always on about how they let the "fans" go through and get their autographs at shows, waiting till they can REALLY talk to the band, or "should we tell them?" etc.
c) God forbid someone found out I admire Jared Leto's acting ability, am a huge fan of MSCL AND adore 3STM. Is that allowed, or am I "not a true fan"

Thank god everyone here is so friendly and helpful! I've asked the stupidest of questions at times, and everyone still respondes in a sweet manner.

Anyone here a regular on the 3STM site? Maybe you can explain a few things to me, and help me understand the forum a bit more. I do love the band, and I'd love to be able to know what's going on with them.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 1st 2003, 9:08 pm

The attitude at the TSTM forum goes back to when the band initially began playing public venues - Jared made it quite clear that he did not want the band to receive media attention or fans solely based upon his participation or previous work (i.e. his acting career). To that end, there were no pictures of the band on the website and their names were not listed anywhere. This was at the band's request, and the forum members chose to respect the band's wishes, as did the webmaster who would edit or delete posts that mentioned any of the band members' names.

While they were on tour last year, any newbies who posted pictures of the band were reprimanded, as were any members who posted links to their own websites with pictures of the band. Since the album release, they have become much more lax about things, presumably since the band members names are listed in the album credits :wink: Forum members can now mention band members by name without receiving a verbal tongue lashing, BUT the forum members are very defensive about the band.

There is a palpable feeling of competition at the TSTM website, as in "WE" are better fans than "YOU" - the line between the "we" group and the "you" group is debatable though. Some people feel that they are better fans because they have known about the band longer. Some people feel that they are better fans because they promote the band more. Some people feel that they are better fans because they have been to more shows. You get the general idea.

The competition is what has led to some of the in-fighting. There are new fans and old fans, and everyone has their own way of promoting the band but inevitably some people butted heads. To be fair, I would like to add that there was a lot of fighting going on a year ago as well. I actually lurked at the site for a few months because I was afraid to post as well. When I initially began reading posts at the forum, TSTM had just announced that they would be opening for Puddle of Mudd so there were a bunch of POM fans who came to the forum and arguments ensued regarding which band sucked more. I mean, when you look at it that way, it's ridiculous, but it happened. In addition, there are several forum members with very strong personalities so it was inevitable that they wouldn't all get along, meaning there was a lot of name-calling and fighting on the boards. I am not a big fan of that because it's so immature to air dirty laundry in front of everyone. I thought that it could have been handled via PM, but instead there was a lot of pointless fighting for LITERALLY months. To be fair, I should add that the webmaster/forum moderator didn't do anything about it either. Anyway, just when the board seems calm and friendly, another fight breaks out. I have been reading posts there for over a year now and it seems to go in cycles.

You can mention Requiem for a Dream without everyone having a conniption fit, but most of Jared's other stuff is off limits. The official party line at the TSTM forum is as follows:
The Code of Ethics: To all who may enter: this message board is for the friends and fans of 30SECONDSTOMARS. The purpose of this board is to provide a forum to foster connectivity between us all. It is a place to debate, discuss or argue, if you must, anything to do with 30SECONDSTOMARS. It is not a platform for commercial endorsement, shameless self-promotion, chronic negativity, obsessive stalkers, gossip mongers, or a place to talk about band members' day jobs. If you would like to indulge in any of these topics, please don't do it here. We thank you all so much, in advance, for your understanding and cooperation.
The reality, however, is that sometimes people get their panties in a bunch if you mention Jared, sometimes they don't. In general, they feel that the TSTM forum is not an appropriate place to discuss Jared's acting (especially MSCL!). They are very condescending about MSCL groupies - they assume that just because you know Jared from MSCL you must therefore be a 14 year old groupie who is only at the show because "Jared is so dreamy!"

I don't mean to slam the TSTM forum - there is a real sense of community there and most of the people are very genuine and nice. With as many people as they have posting there, it is only natural that factions have developed. My advice is check out the Circus Maximus forum and reply to threads there to get a feel for everyone's personalities, but use the Echelon and Pantheon forums for information (a word to the wise: there are a lot of repetitive threads).

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 1st 2003, 9:09 pm

Bump bump bumpity bump - don't forget to watch!

:D

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Feb 1st 2003, 10:46 pm

coolness. I've never actually heard his band so I hope I remember to tune in.
"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks."