official dvd update mail

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
blueone
Overlooked Sibling

official dvd update mail

Post by blueone » Jan 31st 2003, 11:16 pm

Got an email from AU today, I suppose most of you guys have received it but for those who hasn't I'll post it:

Recently there have been some changes at Another Universe. CMI Holdings Group has contracted with American Entertainment Group to take over the running of the web site, fulfillment of orders and finishing all shipping with the MSCL lunchboxes and bonus DVDs. The lunchboxes are finished and being shipped from China at this time. When they arrive, they and the MSCL bonus DVD will be shipping to you.

We are sorry for the delays on getting the remainder of your product to you. But they are on their way and our pririty will be to get them to you as soon as we can.

If you have an outstanding refund or overcharge due to you from Another Universe, please fill in the information at the bottom of this email and return it to mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com to reguest a claim form from and we will send you one right away. Upon receipt of it, we'll verify the status and process your credit. We will most likely not be able to process them all immediately, but will process them in the order received and as many each week as we are able to afford to credit.

We apologize for the delays on the final parts of the MSCL DVD set. We are looking forward to having this project finished and move on to other exciting projects.

We look forward to getting you your MSCL bonus material.

Thank you,

Another Universe

medellia77
Nicky Driscoll

Post by medellia77 » Feb 1st 2003, 12:42 am

It's good to see that shipping the lunchbox and bonus disk is still AU's "pririty"
:roll: [/quote]

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 1st 2003, 12:47 am

Anybody believe that they are under new management? :P Their spelling is just as bad as it was before.

I spoke with one of the AU.com employees today and he is actually reporting AU for using unlicensed microsoft products. Nice to know his employees are behind him.

That letter was pretty telling. They are going to be giving some refunds every week, as many as they can afford.

Why did they spend the doublecharge money? To stay afloat.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 1st 2003, 2:12 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I spoke with one of the AU.com employees today and he is actually reporting AU for using unlicensed microsoft products.
:twisted: Good!

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 1st 2003, 2:26 am

I spoke with one of the AU.com employees today and he is actually reporting AU for using unlicensed microsoft products. Nice to know his employees are behind him.
Mutiny on the Brainless...

Gary

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Feb 1st 2003, 8:54 am

Does anybody know if we'll be charged import duties and tax on these extra items? I hope not, but an official word would be good.

matt

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

typical..

Post by leerosevere » Feb 1st 2003, 11:45 am

I noticed 2 different email addys that I was instructed to write back to, mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com and customerservice@anotheruniverse.com.

I also noticed a missing field, so I added one about how much money they owe me - again, the form didn't required me to specify which one applied. Arrrgh.

Well, might as well see if it works. Not much hope though. I have nothing else to look forward to, so I've got nothing to lose at this point. What do you think, Jason? Any chance in hell of this actually coming through?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 1st 2003, 12:12 pm

I think it is bullshit, but fill it out and don't give them excuses. I will instruct 1200 people to do the same via mass mail.

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mental » Feb 1st 2003, 4:49 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:

Why did they spend the doublecharge money? To stay afloat.

Did anyone else notice the stock price chart for CMI Holding over
the last year? The only spike is the first trading day after the first set of overcharges....hmmm...Overcharges appear on July 3, stock goes up July 5.

David

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Feb 3rd 2003, 9:58 am

emsef wrote:Does anybody know if we'll be charged import duties and tax on these extra items? I hope not, but an official word would be good.

matt
I posted here http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1843 about how this could work and I sent an e-mail to AU on Saturday asking if they would put the value of the lunch box etc to $0.00.

We'll just have to wait & see if they do this...

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 3rd 2003, 10:19 am

GaryEA wrote:
Mutiny on the Brainless...

Gary
LOL! Sad but true.

Lance Man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 4th 2003, 9:15 am

If you have an outstanding refund or overcharge due to you from Another Universe, please fill in the information at the bottom of this email and return it to mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com to reguest a claim form from and we will send you one right away. Upon receipt of it, we'll verify the status and process your credit.
What is this "claim form" for? Don't they already have thousands of our e-mails with all the relevant info?
Please only fill out one form per order
Sure, but there's two e-mail addies, so what do they want? One form or two?

:roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 4th 2003, 7:59 pm

I'm tempted to say "send it to both addresses anyway", but I'm sure that'll just delay the process. Ross will cry bloody murder, blame Jason or Oprah or whomever's on his mind, and then disappear again.

Then again, not having the right address will delay it as well.

I'm finding myself getting more and more angry at the whole situation, and I never ordered from them. Sorry if that makes me a hypocrite, but that's how I feel. :evil:

Gary

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 4th 2003, 8:28 pm

GaryEA wrote:I'm tempted to say "send it to both addresses anyway", but I'm sure that'll just delay the process. Ross will cry bloody murder, blame Jason or Oprah or whomever's on his mind, and then disappear again.

Then again, not having the right address will delay it as well.
My thoughts exactly Gary. Guess I'll arbitrarily pick one address and send it; see what happens. (As if I don't already know the answer: NOTHING)

:|
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Feb 5th 2003, 1:29 pm

If you have an outstanding refund or overcharge due to you from Another Universe, please fill in the information at the bottom of this email and return it to mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com to reguest a claim form from and we will send you one right away. Upon receipt of it, we'll verify the status and process your credit.
Send the info there....
<<<Please only fill out one form per order and return to customerservice@anotheruniverse.com>>>
When you get the form they are sending out send it there.

See how they worded it all sneaky...
please fill in the information at the bottom of this email and return it to mscldvd@anotheruniverse.com to reguest a claim form from and we will send you one right away
You had to fill in the information and then they would send you a claim form that you need to return to them.

"It can't rain all the time"