Freaked..need someone who knows German?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Freaked..need someone who knows German?

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 11:57 am

If anyone can understand German can you tell me if this is fullscreen or widescreen and if there is anything extra-wise on here:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 22-2918963

I can't believe this was only released on DVD in Germany.

It is sucha stupid movie, but such a good movie too. Alex Winter at his comedic best (not counting Idiot Box tv show).

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 28th 2003, 12:22 pm

Technically I don't even sprechen zie deutsch, but is that a 1:2 aspect ratio? The only feature i can make out is a filmography?

Anywho, Sascha should be online soon, he'll give you the what's what.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 12:24 pm

I figured Sascha would. I could just translate it through Babel, but I don't always trust it.

The only feature I made out was it has english and german ;)

the exten of my german is Alles ist Meine! or something like that <shrug>

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 28th 2003, 1:18 pm

Well, the Amazon site says nothing about the aspect ratio, but I found a scan of the DVD back cover here http://www.musikvertrieb.at/pic/4012050443887c.jpg and there it says fullscreen ("Vollbild"). It's an RC 2 (PAL) disc and the only extra are the filmographies. Audio is english & german.

The DVD cover also mentions that the disc got exclusively produced by VCL Communications GmbH in Munich.

It's no longer available in stores in Germany, only from second hand - Amazon.de mentions some delivery problems with the distributor "VCL Communications". The links at the Amazon.de page are links to third party merchants who sell used ("Gebraucht") or new ("Neu") copies of the disc.

I hope that helps - if you need more translations, just ask :-)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 1:34 pm

Sascha,

Thanks. You're the best :)

I guess I will look through other channels to find the dvd. I don't particularly trust the z-shops (or whatever the .de equivalent would be) on amazon. And international might be a pain in the a$$.

I highly doubt the movie will see a R1 or an R2 UK release anytime soon, so I think the German is my only option.

Danka.