Superbowl Matrix Trailer, Now Online...that was quick

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Superbowl Matrix Trailer, Now Online...that was quick

Post by fnordboy » Jan 26th 2003, 10:17 pm

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/r ... ilers.html

I havent watched it yet, about to right now :)

Figured I would let everyone else know it is available.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 27th 2003, 2:48 pm

That thing friggin' RULES.

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 27th 2003, 7:06 pm

GaryEA wrote:That thing friggin' RULES.

Gary
yeah it does. Very psyched to see these now.

Soon...soon...

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 27th 2003, 7:44 pm

I was at a party to watch the game and when the trailer started, I made some sort of noise (it wasn't English, I'm sure of that much) that silenced the room.

By the time Neo was flying the second time, I thought "Oh boy, geek-boy just made himself look like an idiot", but when it was over, everyone was saying how great the movies looked.

Not soon enough... :D

Gary

p.s. Fileplanet has a monster size version of the promo for download, BTW.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 1:23 am

GaryEA wrote: By the time Neo was flying the second time, I thought "Oh boy, geek-boy just made himself look like an idiot"
Well I made myself feel like an idiot geek boy in the privacy of my own home.

Instead of watching TV waiting for the trailer I just stayed online waiting for the moment that the trailer was made available online :)

(will look for the DLable version...thanks ;) )

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 28th 2003, 1:37 am

Instead of watching TV waiting for the trailer I just stayed online waiting for the moment that the trailer was made available online
You'll probably live longer than I will. Sunday shaved at least a good two years off my life span.
(will look for the DLable version...thanks :wink:)
Happy downloading! :D

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention it. I can't remember if it was widescreen on tv, but the online version certainly is.

BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 1:52 am

lol I am sure it did.

OT: Gary, is that you over at dvdforum.com in the Metropolis thread? Same SN so I am figuring. Anyways..where did you see the Metropolis showing (if that was you) around here?

GaryEA wrote:
Instead of watching TV waiting for the trailer I just stayed online waiting for the moment that the trailer was made available online
You'll probably live longer than I will. Sunday shaved at least a good two years off my life span.
(will look for the DLable version...thanks :wink:)
Happy downloading! :D

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention it. I can't remember if it was widescreen on tv, but the online version certainly is.

BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!

Gary

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 28th 2003, 2:13 am

OT: Gary, is that you over at dvdforum.com in the Metropolis thread? Same SN so I am figuring. Anyways..where did you see the Metropolis showing (if that was you) around here?
Yeah, that's me being really cranky, which is not my usual self (The DVD forums have been getting under my skin lately).

I first saw it at the Film Forum (the one closest to the Holland) on the last day of the engagement, and then the Clairidge(sp) in Montclair had it for a week or two, so I grabbed another viewing there as well. I tell you, I was in heaven watching that movie.

You post there too? Hope I didn't yell at ya or something. :D

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 2:33 am

GaryEA wrote:
Yeah, that's me being really cranky, which is not my usual self (The DVD forums have been getting under my skin lately).

I first saw it at the Film Forum (the one closest to the Holland) on the last day of the engagement, and then the Clairidge(sp) in Montclair had it for a week or two, so I grabbed another viewing there as well. I tell you, I was in heaven watching that movie.

You post there too? Hope I didn't yell at ya or something. :D

Gary
Ah the claridge...i have yet to get out there. One day.. I wish i would have known about it :(.

We should start a Silent Movie screening club :) I love the silents. There has been no finer woman on this earth than Louise Brooks.

First showing must be Diary of a Lost Girl though....<drool> the goodness.

Yep, I post there too, not nearly as much as here though lol. I have the same screename and usually only pop up in threads having to do with Asian cinema and Battle Royale specifically. Though I do pop in other threads as well. Didn't get into the Metropolis thread because it gets to be too much, there is no right answer that can be had right now. Besides I love Kino too much :)

Hopefully run into you there.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 28th 2003, 6:25 pm

Ah the claridge...i have yet to get out there. One day.. I wish i would have known about it .
It was never advertised, and the only way I found out about it was when I drove past and nearly caused a multi-car pile-up after seeing on the marquee. I parked then and there to get tickets for that night.
We should start a Silent Movie screening club I love the silents. There has been no finer woman on this earth than Louise Brooks.

First showing must be Diary of a Lost Girl though....<drool> the goodness.
That would a neat idea. Or we could take trips to screenings. Ya gotta love watching a silent on the big screen. :)

Oh, okay, Lost Girl goes first... lol!
Yep, I post there too, not nearly as much as here though lol. I have the same screename and usually only pop up in threads having to do with Asian cinema and Battle Royale specifically.
I'm rarely in those sections so chances are I've seen you inpassing in different threads.
Didn't get into the Metropolis thread because it gets to be too much, there is no right answer that can be had right now. Besides I love Kino too much
They're still b!+(#ing over there. Such an important release to DVD and they're whining over it. Whatever. I'm going to enjoy it.

Kino rocks. That German Horror box I got for x-mas? Drool. "Love of Jeanne Ney"? Ditto. "Faust"? Ditto. The Art of Buster Keaton?

'nuff said. :wink:
Hopefully run into you there.
Same.

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 28th 2003, 6:48 pm

GaryEA wrote:It was never advertised, and the only way I found out about it was when I drove past and nearly caused a multi-car pile-up after seeing on the marquee. I parked then and there to get tickets for that night.
You lucky bastard. I don't go into Montclair very often, use to only go there to Cafe Sounds record store. And my office use to be located in Upper Montclair (lookee me the posh bastard :) ). So I wouldnt have known about it. Damnable.
GaryEA wrote:That would a neat idea. Or we could take trips to screenings. Ya gotta love watching a silent on the big screen. :)

Oh, okay, Lost Girl goes first... lol!
There are some films I am dying to see on the big screen, Metropolis is one of them. A few others: Pandora's Box, Diary of a Lost Girl, Broken Blossoms, Birth of a Nation and M.

I really wish that there was a place that consistently showed silent and old films. Though I have heard the John Harms Theater in Englewood might start showing old films. They are going to be showing something soon (or just did cant remember when it was), possibly it was Wizard of Oz, but I don't fully recall. They said depending on how that night went they would seriously consider it. Hope it went well, though they are a bit pricey, it being Englewood and all.

GaryEA wrote:I'm rarely in those sections so chances are I've seen you inpassing in different threads.
I only flip between DVD Talk, International DVD, and Movie Talk. And don't post much, usually nothing worth posting/bitching about.
GaryEA wrote: They're still b!+(#ing over there. Such an important release to DVD and they're whining over it. Whatever. I'm going to enjoy it.

Kino rocks. That German Horror box I got for x-mas? Drool. "Love of Jeanne Ney"? Ditto. "Faust"? Ditto. The Art of Buster Keaton?
That is all most devout fans of anything do. Complain because they can not get the PERFECT release of anything. OK yes, the release isn't perfect, but it is damn near it. And it is leagues above what is currently available so I am personally all over that.

I really need to get that German set. I've been wanting it since it was released. I just have been buying so much anime lately that I cant afford to through in 80 or 90 for the set..yet.

Kino put out the Brothers Quay DVDs correct? Can't remember off hand. Those were two great releases. I have Kino's Diary of a Lost Girl DVD, which is really good. Best I've seen the film. I have a few other things as well. They haven't ever let me down (except the no R1 release of Pandora's Box..had to go R2 for that).