What TV shows on DVD do you already own?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 24th 2003, 2:32 pm

Lance, gotta go for Angel. But that's just my opinion. :wink: Have you caught the first two ep's. of this season? Awesome IMHO. And thanks for the help on the DVD releases. Dumb question: region 1....that's what we play here in the U.S. right????
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 24th 2003, 4:40 pm

K-man wrote:Lance, gotta go for Angel. But that's just my opinion. :wink: Have you caught the first two ep's. of this season? Awesome IMHO. And thanks for the help on the DVD releases. Dumb question: region 1....that's what we play here in the U.S. right????
K-man,

Thanks. I appreciate your input. No rush, I got a couple of more weeks to make up my mind. No problem on the DVD info.

Angel has been awesome so far. I missed the first one that aired after Christmas. D'Oh! I did catch the one last Wednesday, just awesome!
Next week will be cool.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 27th 2003, 5:25 am

fnordboy wrote:In case anyone is interested, Will & Grace season 1 comes out as a boxset in either January or March (I have seen conflicting dates), but is already available as single discs as well as some season 2 I believe. And Dark Angel will be coming out in the end of February.

Both of course are Region 2 (PAL format).
FYI - Dark Angel is being released R1 on May 20th!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 27th 2003, 12:20 pm

candygirl wrote:
fnordboy wrote:In case anyone is interested, Will & Grace season 1 comes out as a boxset in either January or March (I have seen conflicting dates), but is already available as single discs as well as some season 2 I believe. And Dark Angel will be coming out in the end of February.

Both of course are Region 2 (PAL format).
FYI - Dark Angel is being released R1 on May 20th!

Yeah i found that out a few days after I had posted my original post. Didnt even think of updating my post...d'oh!

I am definitley picking it up R1. Not a big fan of the show, it lost my interest after the first few eps. But I find that lately I can't get into tv shows (on tv as compared to DVD) like I use to. I much prefer the watch when I want to watch method of TV show viewing.

Also on the Will & Grace front. The Season 1 box has seemed to disappear from this earth. I don't think it will ever be released. So I will personally be picking up the individual discs for Season 1. Though, maybe they plan on waiting till the release all of Season 2 before making a S1 box...argh...i hate missing out on a box.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 27th 2003, 12:24 pm

Too lazy to hit the edit button :)

On other news. The britcom The Office will have it's second season released around November of this year (:sigh: why so long ??? :( ). I personally can not wait for it. One of the best shows I've seen.

Oh yeah, Region 2 of course.

Candy, you should definitely try to get season 1 of the show. I have a feeling you would like it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063W2U/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

thanks for the recommendation!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 27th 2003, 2:25 pm

Funny you should mention that - just a few days ago, I read an article in the paper about that show being aired on BBC America, but I don't get that channel so I was very :evil:

Now that it's being released on DVD, new horizons open for me!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

tv shows

Post by lance » Jan 27th 2003, 4:10 pm

Hey all,

K-Man thanks for the input, I have decided to get Angel for my birthday.

Best,

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 27th 2003, 4:26 pm

Good Man! Enjoy! I friggin love that show!!!!!!!!! 8)
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

DVDOwner
Nicky Driscoll

Post by DVDOwner » Feb 22nd 2003, 4:59 am

Got a new one to add to my list -

School House Rock! Special 30th Anniversary Edition 2 DVD set

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: tv shows

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 22nd 2003, 5:27 am

lance wrote:Hey all,

K-Man thanks for the input, I have decided to get Angel for my birthday.
After all that talk in the discussion thread, I bought Angel S1 and it wasn't even my birthday present to myself! I'm self-indulgent like that. I mean, it's not my fault that it was released a month before my birthday! That just means I get to find something even better for my birthday :wink:

DVDOwner
Nicky Driscoll

More new ones!

Post by DVDOwner » Mar 10th 2003, 5:00 pm

Married With Children - The Most Outrageous Episodes
&
Red Dwarf Series 1 & 2 :!:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: More new ones!

Post by lance » Mar 11th 2003, 1:50 pm

DVDOwner wrote:Married With Children - The Most Outrageous Episodes
&
Red Dwarf Series 1 & 2 :!:
Cool,

What kind of extras were there on Red Dwarf?

My latest acquistions are Angel Season One and Farscape 2.5.

Best,

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 11th 2003, 2:06 pm

I still need to pick up the Red Dwarf seasons.

My latest purchases TV wise were Buffy 1 & 2, Osbournes season 1, Tomorrow People (UK show) Series 1, and Children of the Stones (UK show).

They use to show the Tomorrow People and Children of the Stones on Nickelodeon back in the early 80s. Children of the Stones was part of the program The Third Eye (if i am remembering correctly). They were two of my favorite childhood shows. I was so happy when i found out they were out or coming out on dvd, granted only region 2.

DVDOwner
Nicky Driscoll

Post by DVDOwner » Mar 11th 2003, 4:20 pm

lance wrote: Cool,

Each volume features all the episodes on the first disc & the bonuses on the second disc.

Both The bonus discs have there own Deleted Scenes, Smeg Ups, BBC Trailer, Special Effects Raw Footage, Isolated Music Cues, Audio Book Chapters, Photo Gallery +! (NOT the same stuff repeated on each disc!)

The bonus disc for series 1 also has "Launching Red Dwarf" Documentary & Japanese Version Of "The End"!

The bonus disc for series 2 has Red Dwarf A-Z Documentary, Doug Naylor Interview, "Alternative Personalities" Featurette & Tounge Tied - Uncut!

Disc 1 says "Writer & Director Comentary - Episode 1" & both Discs say "Cast Commentary" I haven't checked 'em out yet!

I've only watched Series One & check out Deleted Scenes & Smeg Ups on both discs & "Alternative Personalities" Featurette & Tounge Tied - Uncut on Series Two!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 11th 2003, 10:39 pm

DVDOwner wrote:
lance wrote: Cool,

Each volume features all the episodes on the first disc & the bonuses on the second disc.

Both The bonus discs have there own Deleted Scenes, Smeg Ups, BBC Trailer, Special Effects Raw Footage, Isolated Music Cues, Audio Book Chapters, Photo Gallery +! (NOT the same stuff repeated on each disc!)

The bonus disc for series 1 also has "Launching Red Dwarf" Documentary & Japanese Version Of "The End"!

The bonus disc for series 2 has Red Dwarf A-Z Documentary, Doug Naylor Interview, "Alternative Personalities" Featurette & Tounge Tied - Uncut!

Disc 1 says "Writer & Director Comentary - Episode 1" & both Discs say "Cast Commentary" I haven't checked 'em out yet!

I've only watched Series One & check out Deleted Scenes & Smeg Ups on both discs & "Alternative Personalities" Featurette & Tounge Tied - Uncut on Series Two!
Way cool!

One day Red Dwarf will be mine on DVD, oh yes. Thanks for the info DVDOwner.

Best,

Lance Man