DVD's in stores

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
apexsensation
Tino

DVD's in stores

Post by apexsensation » Jan 22nd 2003, 12:24 am

I'm sure this has been written about numerous times, but since I've been away since I received my DVD's in early November, I'm just touching on this now.

How disappointing is it to see this series that we fought so long and hard to see released on DVD (or even VHS for that matter) sitting on a store shelf, let alone for only 67.99? I headed over to Best Buy today for the first time in months, and shook my head in surprise, amasement and disgust that something that was an underground project of sorts made possible by fans was on store shelves for $30 cheaper and a lot less stress and hassle. If only the people who bought it in stores new what we had been going through throughout all of 2002. They can just buy it off of the shelf for $30 cheaper and enjoy it. Us? We won't recap what we went through.

Jason

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: DVD's in stores

Post by fnordboy » Jan 22nd 2003, 2:28 am

apexsensation wrote:How disappointing is it to see this series that we fought so long and hard to see released on DVD (or even VHS for that matter) sitting on a store shelf, let alone for only 67.99?
Tell me about it. I remember when I first saw it in the store so cheap. I had just gotten my set and the next day or so I saw it on the shelves. Made me so pissed.

I was in line and someone was behind me about to purchase it. I was so tempted to turn around and tell him the saga....but I generally don't like people so I didn't. :)

And when Best Buy had their box set sale before xmas it was dirt cheap...<sigh> Nice to know I paid well over 200 dollars for it...

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 22nd 2003, 10:28 am

Wasn't that the point of why we went through all we did? So other fans can get a copy of the DVDs... We didn't just do it for the select few who happened to stumble onto this site last year, did we? I think it's great that the DVD is available to even more fans. Albeit, it was a shitty way that they happened to get there. So we got screwed over. But it was for a good cause. Now someone like my younger sister, who couldn't afford the $115 selling price on AU, could purchase it at Best Buy.

I think it's great that someone like Jason and the diehard fans were able to get this show on DVD so other fans could enjoy it.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 22nd 2003, 10:38 am

Disclaimer:

I am in no way trying to belittle the pain and torture that many (if not all) AU customers went through in order to get the MSCL DVD. I am just trying to focus on whatever positives that I can find in this mess.

:?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 29th 2003, 8:27 am

I couldn't afford it from the beginning but I really wanted the set so I put up with everything AU has been able to do to me. I have paid $99:98 +delivery charges of about $30 and I've got the series 5 discs but no bonus-materials.
I live in Europe and us fans over here are obviously not as highly thought of as the US citizens anyway. But that's how it's always been and nobody can change that I suppose. I just wish the bonus materials would arrive and free of charge since I've already paid for all of it, taxes and everything, but we'll see.
I'm sure the store sales are a good thing for other fans, not as devoted as we are but WHY THE H*** should we pay so much more than them?!!!

This entry does not need a respond. I just needed to get some agressions out.
----------------
Make it count.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 29th 2003, 2:01 pm

KrokRos,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with A.U. but please remember all of us have gotten pumped by them. Don't feel singled out here. I (and everyone else) are still waiting on the bonus disc and lunchbox while A.U. sits on our $$$$$. But....I suppose that is another post. On another note, it is good to hear from you. Haven't seen you post in a while.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 29th 2003, 2:15 pm

KrokRos wrote:I have paid $99:98 +delivery charges of about $30 and I've got the series 5 discs but no bonus-materials.
I live in Europe and us fans over here are obviously not as highly thought of as the US citizens anyway. But that's how it's always been and nobody can change that I suppose.
Well if I am supposedly thought of more highly why did you only pay 99 bucks and I ended up paying over 230 dollars?

And no one has bonus materials.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 29th 2003, 4:08 pm

K-man wrote:KrokRos,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with A.U. but please remember all of us have gotten pumped by them. Don't feel singled out here. I (and everyone else) are still waiting on the bonus disc and lunchbox while A.U. sits on our $$$$$. But....I suppose that is another post. On another note, it is good to hear from you. Haven't seen you post in a while.
K-Man,

Major ditto here. KrokRos haven't seen you post in a while, how are you doing?

Best,

Lance Man