newbie, question about DVD's

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
AmericanBeauty
Frozen Embryo

newbie, question about DVD's

Post by AmericanBeauty » Jan 20th 2003, 12:52 pm

Hello everyone! :) I looked around for a thread already open where IC ould ask this question, but couldn't find one. So, bear with me. :)

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm new to this board, but not to MSCL. I've been a fan for years! I'm totally excited about the DVD set also. My question is:

How did all of you fans manage to convince whoever has the rights, to release the whole season on DVD? I know there was some sort of petition, but was there anything else?

The reason why I ask, is because there is a following for a short-lived t.v. show "Popular", that we would LOVE to be put onto DVD. However, we aren't sure how to go about starting that. We have out a petition, but we aren't sure where to send it, or where to go from there. We all knew that the loyal fans of MSCL had done it for this show, so we are going to try it. If you guys can give me any advice or anything, that would be AMAZING.

Thanks so much! :)

AmericanBeauty
Frozen Embryo

Post by AmericanBeauty » Jan 20th 2003, 3:11 pm

:lol: Everyone's reading, but no one's replying. C'mon people! ;) If you know of any way to help me out, that'd be great. :)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 20th 2003, 3:38 pm

AmericanBeauty wrote:How did all of you fans manage to convince whoever has the rights, to release the whole season on DVD? I know there was some sort of petition, but was there anything else?
Mainly the efforts of Jason Rosenfeld, who worked for BMG back in 2000, made this DVD set a reality. BMG sat on the rights for MSCL, but didn't see the potential in a complete DVD release. Well, I guess they do now, as they probably did some nice money with it...
AmericanBeauty wrote:We have out a petition, but we aren't sure where to send it, or where to go from there.
Try to find out who owns the video rights for "Popular". Gord's site http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com is also a good resource.
AmericanBeauty wrote::lol: Everyone's reading, but no one's replying. C'mon people! ;)
Just be patient. This is no real-time chat, so answers may take some time.

bdckr
Jody Barsh

Post by bdckr » Jan 20th 2003, 3:41 pm

I'm a relative newbie myself, but here's a link to an interview done with Jason Rosenfeld that sums up a lot of the salient points. Very interesting reading.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/ ... rview.html

AmericanBeauty
Frozen Embryo

Post by AmericanBeauty » Jan 20th 2003, 4:21 pm

Thanks everyone. That stuff was helpful. I found out Buena Vista owns the rights, so I guess the best thing would be to try to contact them?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

dvd

Post by lance » Jan 21st 2003, 12:34 pm

American Beauty,

That's a tough one. The long, sorted, MSCL road to sucess is one that I won't recount here for you. If you are really curious I would advise that you look at some of the earlier threads. There was an article at http://www.thedigitalbits.com and also one done by poopshoot.com. If I recall correctly much of our success lay with the Herculean efforts of Mr. Jason Rosenfield who was able to convince his old company BMG that this was a show that had real customer demand. I am oversimplifying here.

Everyone here has some pet show that they would like to see come to DVD, mine is ExoSquad by the way. If you go to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com you can register your vote for your show. I believe Jason Rosenfield and Gord Lacey run this site. If enought people vote for your show, who knows. The other way I know of is to go to Amazon.com. Some shows that have not been released yet Amazon has you leave your e-mail address and they will mail when they hear anything.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Best,

Lance Man