30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto's band)

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: Jared Leto & Thirty Seconds to Mars on Jay Leno

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 7th 2003, 6:36 am

Will definitely have to catch that!
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto & TSTM on Craig Kilborn

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2003, 8:55 pm

Jared will be performing with his band on the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn on February 3.

For tickets, you can contact On Camera Audiences at (213) 833-6469 or online
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2003, 8:58 pm

Unfortunately, online ticket requests are supposed to be submitted at least six weeks in advance so it's too late for that but you can still get tickets the day of the show. The following info is from the Tonight Show website:
Tickets for a specific show are available the day of the show only at the NBC Ticket Box, located at NBC in Burbank, CA. The NBC Ticket Box opens at 8:00 a.m. All available tickets are distributed to the public on a first come, first-served two (2) tickets per person basis.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2003, 9:11 pm

Update: tickets will not be available for another week or so.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 17th 2003, 4:51 am

Just a reminder to set your VCRs (or Tivo)!

:D

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Jared Leto & TSTM on Craig Kilborn

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 19th 2003, 2:07 am

Well, I'm too far away to get tickets, but it will still be fun to watch 30STM on TV. It's great to see the band getting some mainstream exposure. And hopefully it will spread the word more on 30STM and keep them going for a long time to come.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 19th 2003, 2:16 am

So who caught this one?

SPOILERS

After having seen 30STM debut on TV on Last Call with Carson Daly, I was really looking forward to checking this performance out. I love how in the beginning of the show, the 30STM fans are so visible with their 30STM shirts as they go to greet Jay.

I also found it amusing that Selma Blair, Jared's costar in 2001's Highway, was another one of the guests. I would have loved to see that Green Room interaction. In any case, I thought 30STM did a bangup job here and sounded much more polished.

I was cracking up, though, at the "This is suicide" on one of the instruments. Was that a commentary about doing shows like Leno, or was it simply part of the 30STM motif?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto & TSTM on VH-1

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 19th 2003, 10:13 pm

I never thought I would see the words "Jared Leto," "30 Seconds to Mars," and "VH-1" all in the same sentence (does that mean the apocalypse is approaching?), but there was a little blurb about Jared and his band on VH-1's show Star Tracks (which is about celebrities and their bands). They showed some old pictures of Jared and then showed a excerpt from the Capricorn video. Lorraine Ali admitted that unlike Russell Crowe's Thirty Off Foot of Grunts, TSTM is a pretty good band.

:D

Star Tracks is airing again on Monday, January 20.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 19th 2003, 10:45 pm

NIGHTJESSI wrote:After having seen 30STM debut on TV on Last Call with Carson Daly, I was really looking forward to checking this performance out. I love how in the beginning of the show, the 30STM fans are so visible with their 30STM shirts as they go to greet Jay.

I also found it amusing that Selma Blair, Jared's costar in 2001's Highway, was another one of the guests. I would have loved to see that Green Room interaction. In any case, I thought 30STM did a bangup job here and sounded much more polished.

I was cracking up, though, at the "This is suicide" on one of the instruments. Was that a commentary about doing shows like Leno, or was it simply part of the 30STM motif?
The fans are pretty dedicated - they make their own shirts and wristbands with the band glyphs and really make an effort to support the band's performances.

Did you see Selma hugging Jared at the end of the show? It must be nice for them to see each other as their stars are both on the rise.

As far as the "this is suicide," Solon has had that on his guitar for the past few shows. One speculation is that it is a reference to what Jared said when they were on the Carson Daly show: "I was counting on...sudden failure, and uhhh, death."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto & TSTM shows

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 19th 2003, 11:24 pm

Jared Leto's band Thirty Seconds to Mars will be appearing with Chevelle and Pulse Ultra on the following dates:

Feb 10 (Mon) - Bogarts (Cincinnati) $12 in advance, $14 at the door

Feb 22 (Sat) - Ventura Theater (CA) $13

Tickets are available through ticketmaster :evil:

http://www.bogarts.com
http://www.venturatheater.com

They will also be performing at the Roxy, but no date announced yet.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

RE: Jared Leto & TSTM on VH-1

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 20th 2003, 3:14 am

Well, candygirl, VH1 has certainly become a different channel than it was back when VH1 really stood for Video Hits One. 30STM really seem to be making the media blitz tour, and I'm glad to see that people are at least sometimes looking past the actor-with-a-band thing. Poor, Jared. He goes from being known as Jordan Catalano in the acting world to being known as an actor in the music world. Given the talent of 30STM, I have a feeling that more and more people will see Jared for a musician when he is with his band and not see 30STM as just some pet project of his.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 20th 2003, 3:17 am

Candygirl, I did catch that hug between Selma and Jared, so it's nice to see they are on good terms.

As for the dedication of 30STM fans, I remember reading a great detailed description of a 30STM fan's travels to see the Last Call performance. With a core group of fans like that supporting 30STM, there's no telling where they can go.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2003, 3:25 am

Unfortunately while they were touring with different bands last year, not all of the fans of the headlining bands were as supportive so the TSTM fans made an effort not only to make it to the shows but to have a very visible presence (hence the homemade t-shirts and wristbands) to shut up the close-minded people in the audience.

I mean really, if you don't like the opening band, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's rude to yell "YOU SUCK!" while a band is playing - everyone has to start somewhere.

Like I have said before, the band is really good IMHO and I even convinced one of my pretty boy hating male friends (of course, this was by having him listen to their music without telling him who the lead singer is).

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 20th 2003, 4:23 am

Being a veteran of many a live show, I could see how 30STM could have a hard time getting over with headlining bands' fans. Not only were 30STM different than the bands they toured with but they are also relatively unknown so that makes people less open-minded about things. It's a shame that more music fans don't give other styles a chance, even if it's not their favorite type of music. Being different from the norm is so much better than just going with the flow.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2003, 4:48 am

I know - it's really a pity that people are sometimes so hardheaded when it comes to music. It's one of those things were people really judge you based upon what you like or don't like. One of the reasons that I like my boyfriend is that he has such a wide range of musical taste. I love that he isn't one of those "I only listen to the music I liked in college" guys. I was really surprised when he bought the Avril Levigne CD. Granted I don't particularly like her (mostly because she strikes me as a hypocritical poseur but we won't get into that here), but I like that he is open minded enough to like something new. I just hate how people at music forums will literally say, "You are an idiot because you like XXX or because you don't like XXX." We like to preach tolerance and acceptance, but when it comes to music, people are fanatics.