Joe Millionaire

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Joe Millionaire

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2003, 7:20 pm

Come on now - who is going to confess that they watched this show? Over 18 million people saw the show last night, so was one of them YOU?

Okay, one of them was me - I admit it!

Besides the obvious "he's lying to them" angle, the most striking thing I noticed was how catty some of those girls became (HEIDI, I'M TALKING TO YOU!). MEOW!

I wonder what Joe/Evan thinks of them now that he can see what they were saying when he wasn't around.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 8th 2003, 9:19 pm

That would be me. And ny husband through default (he had to watch b/c I was watching). :oops:

Were you surprised that those women were catty? The type of woman that would go on a show to "marry a millionaire" don't strike me as the sweet and innocent kind. Heidi was something else. Her facial expressions alone were enough! :lol:

I love this whole concept, embarrasingly so. Serves those women right.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2003, 9:30 pm

Well, they did say that 42% of the audience was male!

I think everyone shares the sentiment that these gold diggers deserve what they get. Some of them do seem pretty normal, so I wonder what they were told when they were chosen for the show - or how they solicited applicants for that matter. They seemed pretty surprised that this guy "inherited" $50 million so maybe they just thought it was another reality show or a version of the Bachelor.

I love how the meanest biatches of the bunch are always soooo fake nice (think Tammi on the Real World Los Angeles telling her roomates, "I love you all!" on the last episode). Notice that Heidi was the one who announced, "Let's face reality - eight of us are going home tonight, so let's drink a toast together"- right after she was hogging the dresses like they were gold doubloons.

Most of the girls who were chosen to stay were conniving/smart enough to realize they had to make an impression on Joevan, even if it meant asking stupid questions like, "Do I have tangerine in my teeth?"

In some little blurby interview thing, someone asked Joevan how the women reacted when they found out he wasn't rich, and he said that they weren't all there! :evil: I really wish they had brought them all into one room for the announcement so that their reactions would be caught on camera. Hee hee!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 8th 2003, 11:02 pm

:lol: It took me a second to figure out who Joevan was! :lol:

Yes, they should have told them all at once, preferably on camera.

I laughed when the one girl asked him his middle name, and he fumbled around and stuttered a bit trying to decide on a fake middle name, and then he decided on Elder (his brother's wife's maided name or something like that)! WTF? What's wrong with Joe, Bob, Mike, etc. etc. :lol: But I have to give him a little credit, he was nervous and caught off-guard. And he is an admittably horrible liar.

Have you seen pics from his modeling career? Yowza! I'll try to find them and post them here.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 8th 2003, 11:07 pm

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 8th 2003, 11:16 pm

I didn't watch it. So I'm guessing you saw the season finale? How did the "winner" react? I ended up watching a lot of the first American Idol. I was so hooked! Anyone else watch that one at all? I'm not sure how I feel about the new season. We'll see.

(PS: Those pictures are kind of eerily hypnotizing. In the bad way. I don't like 'em so muscle-y.)
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 8th 2003, 11:19 pm

Kristin wrote:I don't like 'em so muscle-y.)
Or hairy!! :shock: :wink:

(My husband is muscle-y. so I can't say that. )

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2003, 5:07 am

Kristin wrote:I didn't watch it. So I'm guessing you saw the season finale?
No, the show just premiered on Monday night, but in an interview Joevan said that they didn't have all 20 women around when he revealed The Big Lie.

:D

I got hooked on American Idol over the summer too. The initial auditions were hilarious, and then I got sucked into voting Ryan off the show. So mean, I know, but she was not a good singer.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 9th 2003, 11:08 am

O.K. girls, I have to comment on this. Yeah, I watched. And I am going on record here as saying that the only surprise here is when they are going to announce to the viewers the joke is on them. Tere is NO WAY this guy is a $19,000/yr Joe Construction Worker. You want proof??? OK, I am embarassed to admit it but I have wasted more than a few years of my life in construction. And there aint no way someone in construction is making that little. I don't care what state he works in or what exactly his job is, that is way too little. And if you noticed at the beginning they showed him operating a Caterpillar (CAT) moving dirt. There aint a guy/girl alive who sits on one of those horses for a dime less than $15.00 /HR. If he is in a union state he is well above $20/hr to operate a CAT, and in a Right-To-Work state he is at least $15 and probably more like $18-$20/hr. One other subtle note that you probably missed (but it was there) was when he is riding up on the horse and he does a V/O and says,"Last week I was riding on a bulldozer and this week I am riding a horse.". Problem???? well anybody who has ever spent 10 minutes on a construction site with heavy equipment knows that WASN'T a bulldozer, it was a track-loader. Or commonly referred to as a high-lift. This may seem trivial but if he spent any time around a jobsite not to mention operating the damn thing, he would not have called it a dozer. This is a big no-no in the construction world. Trust me. Little slip-ups can get you seriously ranked out by the good-ole-boys. His middle name is more believable than this show. :twisted:
Last edited by K-man on Jan 9th 2003, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2003, 3:05 pm

And let's reiterate - he is a TERRIBLE liar!

Wow, I thought that the underwear ads were a big revelation. K-man should call a press conference and expose the truth.

:shock:

My faith in Fox programming is completely shattered now.

:wink:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2003, 9:57 pm

I was willing to give these girls the benefit of the doubt - that they went to a casting call for a reality show, even a matchmaker Bachelor-type show without knowing this guy was supposed to be loaded, but according to the original casting call, they're all gold diggers.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 14th 2003, 9:48 pm

Okay, after the second episode, I was torn between being excited that Heidi was eliminated and sad that there is no one as obvious to hate anymore.

:D

MoJo might be moving up the Meow Ladder though - "it's all about me me me me me!"

Although Joevan didn't really get to know anyone while on their "dates," I did relish the thought of Heidi shoveling horse manure.

At least this week he was a little more honest when he described each girl. The first week he tried to say each girl was nice. Last night he said, "She's hot!" Maybe next week he'll admit he's keeping certain girls because "I want to see if they put out."

:shock:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 14th 2003, 11:25 pm

candygirl wrote: MoJo might be moving up the Meow Ladder though - "it's all about me me me me me!"
If I would have known MoJo JoJo was on the show I might have wanted to watch it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

i'm a performance moderator

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 15th 2003, 4:46 am

:lol:

smart a$$

love,
moko

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jan 17th 2003, 8:27 am

i saw the first episode of the season and was hooked and subject to much teasing by my wife for watching.

watching those girls in particular shovel animal turds or coal was worth the price of admission alone.

the 19,000/year salary does seem too low to be believed - even if he worked for a local department of public works.