30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto's band)

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
JodyK
Nicky Driscoll

Jared/30 Seconds to Mars on Last Call with Carson Daly

Post by JodyK » Nov 18th 2002, 11:36 pm

I checked 30 Seconds to Mars website last night and it said they would be performing on Last Call with Carson Daly today, but it would be airing next week. I just checked LCwCD website, and it said they would be on November 27th. I am so excited!! :lol: I live in Pittsburgh, and my TV Guide says it will be on at 1:35 a.m. So is that Tuesday into Wednesday, or Wednesday into Thursday (Thanksgiving)?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

*BUMP*

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 26th 2002, 3:47 pm

Just a reminder that TSTM will be on Carson Daly's show - the way the schedule looks at http://www.nbc.com/Last_Call_with_Carso ... e_up.shtml they will technically be on early Thursday morning, so it's Wednesday going into Thursday. You weren't the only one who was confused!

:D

JodyK
Nicky Driscoll

30 Seconds to Mars on tomorrow (11/27) night!!

Post by JodyK » Nov 26th 2002, 10:37 pm

Thanks for responding.

I'm very excited about seeing Jared's band tomorrow night. I've never seen him play other than in the show. I actually got his band's new CD at Target for $8.99 in the "next biggest thing" section. I love it!! He wrote all of the lyrics and music. I think it is great - and not because he is Jared Leto.

JodyK
Nicky Driscoll

Did anybody see TSTM on Daly's show?

Post by JodyK » Dec 1st 2002, 1:05 pm

I got my step mom to tape it (had to be home for Thanksgiving you know) and she had the tape stop at 2:00 am., but the show goes till 2:05. I did get to see Thirty Seconds to Mars' performance, but did Carson talk to them after it?

I really like their song Capricorn. Still hate Jared's blond hair though. I guess I still want him to look like Jordan Catalano.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 1st 2002, 6:46 pm

Carson talked to them for a few minutes, but nothing too exciting. The most revealing thing Jared said is that they have played over 140 shows since January. Poor guys must be exhausted.

For those of you who missed the show, you can watch it at http://www.thirtysecondstomars.fr.st

You can also read about a fan's experience (no, it wasn't me) at the actual taping at http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com/bboa ... _flat.html

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 1st 2002, 7:22 pm

candygirl wrote:Carson talked to them for a few minutes, but nothing too exciting. The most revealing thing Jared said is that they have played over 140 shows since January. Poor guys must be exhausted.

For those of you who missed the show, you can watch it at http://www.thirtysecondstomars.fr.st

You can also read about a fan's experience (no, it wasn't me) at the actual taping at http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com/bboa ... _flat.html
Hey, I tried to go to the website to watch the Last Call, but it's all in French, and I have to admit that my French is rather rusty... Where should I go on that website to see it?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 1st 2002, 7:37 pm

Ummm, I haven't actually tried the site because I watched Last Call when it was on a few nights ago.

I just checked out the site and if you keep clicking until you get to the main page. If you are at the HTML site, click on "voyage". If you are on the flash site, click on the third glyph (it looks like three parallel lines). From the audio menu, choose "ecouter" then scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on "Last Call with Carson Daly."

I guess that means you can't actually watch it :( but will you take my word for it that Jared looked good? And Shannon was wearing eyeliner.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 2nd 2002, 8:22 pm

Someone is hosting the actual video of their apperance on Last Call at http://smconline.smc.edu/30STM.html

You need Quicktime to view it but I haven't tried yet (I'm at work! shhhhh) so let me know how it looks!

:D

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 2nd 2002, 9:37 pm

Are you sure that's Jared's real hair? It looks kinda bolted on to me... :shock: :wink:

Otherwise TSTM has a pretty generic rock-star look, with wardrobe chosen seemingly at random, as per rock-star regulations. I'm probably not going to run out and grab their CD, but their music definitely has style. And Jared still has "the voice". 8)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 1:37 am

I saw that hair up close and personal when TSTM played a small club a few months ago and I am pretty sure that his hair is not bolted on :wink:

As far as the wardrobe, I find the "seemingly at random" look to be a refreshing change from the overly planned Britney Spears/Avril Levigne look.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much better Jared's singing is now. Yes, "Red" still makes me go "ooooh" just because of the context but his singing has definitely improved since then. (by the way, Best Buy was selling the CD for $5)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 3rd 2002, 2:28 am

Yeah Best Buy has been putting the 30STM cd on sale it seems every other week or so. I picked it up awhile back and had no clue what it would sound like. I was pleasantly surprised. But to be honest i really havent listened to it since the night i got it.

If they were popping by my favorite club i would check them out, but more just to see if he is as much a prick as Donovan Leitch. I don't know what it is with these actor/musicians....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 3rd 2002, 3:43 pm

FYI a new quicktime link of the Carson show is available (better quality, but much bigger file): http://smconline.smc.edu/30STM_2.html

And there is now a windows media version: http://smconline.smc.edu/30STM_wmv.html

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: 30 Seconds to Mars on Last Call with Carson Daly

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 4th 2002, 11:05 am

Since I'm both a 24 and 30 Seconds to Mars fan, this episode was perfect for me. I must say I was impressed with 30STM's first TV appearance, especially since the sound problems at the recent Oasis One-Sixty show in Chicago Heights, IL, failed to give me a true scope of 30STM's live show.

Nostradamus, I don't know if I would call 30STM's wardrobe seemingly at random. It looked to me that more than one member was either sporting the trademark 30STM upwards arrow or some piece of 30STM clothing. And I remember when seeing them live that they all had a cohesive look. I didn't see it as a rock star thing but moreso a band vibe thing. I'm probably biased, though. ;)
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jared Leto & Thirty Seconds to Mars on Jay Leno

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 7th 2003, 12:20 am

Jared will be appearing with his band Thirty Seconds to Mars on Jay Leno next Friday, January 17th!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Jared Leto & Thirty Seconds to Mars on Jay Leno

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 7th 2003, 5:26 am

Thanx for the heads up, candygirl. After catching the band's first-ever TV performance on Live with Carson Daly, I'm glad to see 30STM getting another shot at wider exposure. I'll be sure to check this one out.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard