Jordon & Angela

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 4th 2003, 1:37 am

fnordboy wrote:
Megs wrote: See this http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1847 for an earlier discussion on the color Red in MSCL.
Megs, coming up to snatch the Mod title from candygirl.... :wink:
A girl after my own heart!

:wink:

(I have been dubbed the Research Bitch at other forums!)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 4th 2003, 12:14 pm

:lol: :lol: Sorry 'bout that! :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 4th 2003, 12:45 pm

Megs wrote:
omg hehe wrote:
Megs wrote: Did anyone else notice that in that scene, after Shane asks who Jordan has in there, Jordan says "No one", and Shane goes, "Rayanne?" And Jordan says, "Yeah. Shut up." Foreshadowing, anyone?
He really says Rayanne? Get out! I missed that! Im gonna have to watch that episode again!!!

I am almost positive that he mumbles that.
He says "Yeah?" and Jordan says "yeah, shut up"
Just read the script.
----------------
Make it count.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 4th 2003, 1:15 pm

In Self-esteem in the classroom about the sonets. Katimsky asks "Is he in love with her?" and Jordan says "Yes". That proves that he finally admits it to himself. Which is beautiful.
----------------
Make it count.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 5th 2003, 8:43 am

In So-Called Angels. Who did Jordan light a candle for? Was it Rickie?

=)
----------------
Make it count.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 5th 2003, 6:37 pm

KrokRos wrote:He says "Yeah?" and Jordan says "yeah, shut up"
Just read the script.
I would just like to say that the transcripts (and the DVD subtitles) are not the be-all, end-all. There are some mistakes - after all, we're all human. According to the transcript, Rayanne says, "Exactly, and she's not slutty enough for him to just do with her ragged to his butt" in the same episode :shock: - she actually says, "Exactly, and she's not slutty enough for him to just do it with her and then brag about it to his buds" so I think it's possible that Shane did say, "Rayanne?"

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 6th 2003, 5:49 am

I still disagree. I think he says "Oh, yeah?" in a mocking way.
----------------
Make it count.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 6th 2003, 2:31 pm

IYBT, I agree with your angle that Brian verbalizes what Jordan cannot. Does Jordan have strong feelings for Angela? Definitely! (Why would he go to the trouble of employing Brian to write the letter in the first place if he didn't?) So obviously 'words' aren't his strong suit. Brian helps Jordan express his feelings for Angela on the page and Jordan "teaches Brian how to get girl's phone numbers". A mutual exchange of assets or abilities for the others benefit. Some say Jordan is dumb b/c of his reading problems. Is Krakow thus dumb for not knowing how to get a girl's number? What may be terrifying to one (reading/schoolwork) may come naturally to another. While getting a girl's number may be Brian's kryptonite. That was an impressive post there my dear. IMHO. :wink:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 6th 2003, 3:10 pm

K-man wrote:So obviously 'words' aren't his strong suit.
Ironically, Jordan's song touches Angela so he is capable of using words effectively but I think that Angela terrifies Jordan the way that social situations paralyze Brian.

I totally agree with what you said about one person's strength being another person's weakness. Interestingly, some schools have done away with spelling bees because "it makes the kids who aren't good spellers feel bad." Using that line of logic, we should get rid of PE for kids who can't run fast, math for kids who aren't inclined to eventually learn calculus, and all classes involving reading or writing for kids like Jordan.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 6th 2003, 3:16 pm

Interestingly enough Candygirl, spelling was really the only thing I was ever good at. (I know....you all are thinking "Yeah right dude! We've seen some of your posts here.") Well, at least I could spell when I was a kid. :wink:

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 8th 2003, 6:06 am

So I'm finally at the last episode. In it when Patty is talking about Tony Pool(?) Angela says "You can still have feelings for someone even though he's not THE person anymore." which sounds so true. Don't you agree?
----------------
Make it count.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 8th 2003, 8:27 am

candygirl wrote:Interestingly, some schools have done away with spelling bees because "it makes the kids who aren't good spellers feel bad." Using that line of logic, we should get rid of PE for kids who can't run fast, math for kids who aren't inclined to eventually learn calculus, and all classes involving reading or writing for kids like Jordan.
Hmm, I don't recall learning any important life skills in PE; perhaps I forgot them all after being repeatedly beaned in the head with dodgeballs, softballs, footballs, basketballs, and pretty much every other spheroid man has ever built. I never did figure out why I was supposed to study calculus, unless the boredom induces a Zen-like meditative state. And despite acing every spelling test I ever took, I still need a dictionary at my side every time I write these rambling contrarian posts...

:wink:

(Damn! I had to look at the cover just now to make sure I spelled "dictionary" right! :P )
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 8th 2003, 8:36 am

KrokRos wrote:So I'm finally at the last episode. In it when Patty is talking about Tony Pool(?) Angela says "You can still have feelings for someone even though he's not THE person anymore." which sounds so true. Don't you agree?
Come to think of it, wasn't there a recent study that showed a substantial number of successful marriages resulted from old flames meeting again in later life?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 8th 2003, 11:01 am

I actually enjoyed calculus. Once we started graphing the crunched-up numbers. Maybe I have a visual thing when it comes to learning. Algebra was another story though. UUUGH! :cry: What sick-dimented-sadist came up with that crap?????

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2003, 3:13 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Come to think of it, wasn't there a recent study that showed a substantial number of successful marriages resulted from old flames meeting again in later life?
When I was a freshman in college (many many moons ago), they told us during orientation that something like 60% of people who get married meet their spouses during college. That doesn't necessarily mean that they date while in college - some people date, break up, then run into each other years later and end up getting married. Other people skip over the dating/breaking up in college phase.

:D

(when they gave us that statistic during orientation, I looked around at all the people in the room and thought, "Man, I have GOT to transfer to another school!")