The DVD's

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

The DVD's

Post by K-man » Feb 7th 2002, 2:10 pm

I just visited AnotherUniverse.com and did a search on MSCL and sure enough... up popped a pre-order page for the boxed set. They are taking deposits of $20 for the set. I tried to put mine in but the last screen isn't set up yet where they take your credit card#. It's a start though! Check it out! I'm so excited!!!!!! I have waited soooo long to find a page on the web where MSCL was for sale!

k-man

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: The DVD's

Post by Sascha » Feb 7th 2002, 2:22 pm

That page at anotheruniverse.com is only a first draft test page. It was not intended for the public. There will be a "real" pre-order page (with more information and ordering details) soon.

Sascha.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

move along... nothing o see here. :-P

Post by Jason R » Feb 7th 2002, 2:59 pm

Just kidding. Low friends in high places tell me that there will be an order form very shortly.

In the meantime, don't take what you see there too seriously, because it is not done. DO take it seriously in that it will be up shortly, but don't be surprised to see a lot of changes.

In the meantime, entertain yourselves with this: http://www.zombo.com ;-)

:) Jason

Nevena
Tino

Post by Nevena » Feb 8th 2002, 1:13 pm

Perhaps Jason could answer this...I'm assuming it will be possible to order the set (and send in a pre-order deposit) using a check instead of a credit card, right? Thanks!

richard
Liberty High Student

Post by richard » Feb 8th 2002, 4:37 pm

I think I have managed to pre-order the DVDs, with the $20 deposit, it has at least given me an order confirmation, so that must be good.

As a tip, you need to search for 'My so called life' without the '-' (between so and called), the end of the confirmation did say 'mail faliure, check mail host server name and tcp/ip connection, though so that may need sorting..

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Re: move along... nothing o see here. :-P

Post by oldguy » Feb 8th 2002, 5:37 pm

Hey is this for real? I mean, I have to admit, I don't really believe MSCL is ever going to come out with all episodes on DVD. Can you give some background? How do we know it isn't a scam?

Patrick

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Feb 8th 2002, 10:15 pm

It's for real.

We've been in business for quite some time, and Jason (the BMG guy that worked with mscl.com) brought this to us, and we negotiated the deal with BMG.

This is an exclusive from us. They are doing the authoring, and selling the entire print run to us. The only problem would be if not enough people order it, we won't produce it at a loss. In that eventuallity we'll refund everyone's deposits.

However since over 4000 people signed up on the pre-pre-order list, and we only need 1000 people to make this happen, I don't see much of a problem.

Ross Rojek
CEO Another Universe

Post by Guest » Feb 10th 2002, 10:34 pm

This is very interesting. Do you think there may be other series that could be given this treatment? I'm sure there are several series that aren't that popular but would justify a small run

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

misty watercolor memories of the way we were...

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 7th 2002, 8:35 pm

I thought I would cheer myself up by reading these old posts and remembering our trusting optimistic enthusiasm. Ahhhh, the naivete!
Ross Rojek wrote:It's for real.

We've been in business for quite some time, and Jason (the BMG guy that worked with mscl.com) brought this to us, and we negotiated the deal with BMG.

This is an exclusive from us. They are doing the authoring, and selling the entire print run to us. The only problem would be if not enough people order it, we won't produce it at a loss. In that eventuallity we'll refund everyone's deposits.

However since over 4000 people signed up on the pre-pre-order list, and we only need 1000 people to make this happen, I don't see much of a problem.

Ross Rojek
CEO Another Universe

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: misty watercolor memories of the way we were...

Post by Jason R » Oct 7th 2002, 9:05 pm

This doesn't cheer me up. It depresses the living s**t out of me.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 7th 2002, 9:16 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:This doesn't cheer me up. It depresses the living s**t out of me.
C'mon Jason, when this is all said and done, we'll all look back on this and laugh! Who's up for grabbing a brew in good 'ol NYC when this thing finally friggin ships?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 7th 2002, 9:24 pm

I'm there.
Fedup wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:This doesn't cheer me up. It depresses the living s**t out of me.
C'mon Jason, when this is all said and done, we'll all look back on this and laugh! Who's up for grabbing a brew in good 'ol NYC when this thing finally friggin ships?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 8th 2002, 2:12 am

Fedup wrote:C'mon Jason, when this is all said and done, we'll all look back on this and laugh! Who's up for grabbing a brew in good 'ol NYC when this thing finally friggin ships?
You know, when I was skimming through here I initially thought that said NSYNC not NYC!

:oops:

:shock:

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 8th 2002, 9:34 am

Name the time and place for a NYC happy hour. I'll hop on the train and be there in no time. 8) We'll all wear our "I survived ordering the MSCL DVDs but I now have gray hair and wrinkles" t-shirts.

:lol:
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 8th 2002, 10:21 am

socalledfan wrote:Name the time and place for a NYC happy hour. I'll hop on the train and be there in no time. 8) We'll all wear our "I survived ordering the MSCL DVDs but I now have gray hair and wrinkles" t-shirts.

:lol:
Any votes for a place? I'm been hanging out mostly in the lower east side as of late, but I'm always open to new suggestions.