Claire Danes was (and is?) quite a hottie!

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Claire Danes was (and is?) quite a hottie!

Post by andrewgd » Dec 21st 2002, 5:37 am

Watching the dvds brought back fond memories of my Claire Danes crush. Ahhh, the red hair and cute face. I feel kinda weird being a 20-25 yr old, remembering how hot I thought she was back in highschool. Even in Romeo and Juliet she was amazing. I was dissapointed that she grew up kinda lankey. :P She needs a bit more meat on them bones nowadays.
I did love her hair in Igby Goes Down.

But, c'mon, how amazingly cute is this:

http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/us1196a.jpg

Sigh, Dreamy... I almost wish I could go back to that time, and see her in the same way again...

Anyone else share the sentiments? I see a ton of Jared Leto infatuation, but not much for Claire. C'mon, share the love! :)

Ps. Here's some more of my favorite pictures of her (for obvious reasons :) a boy can dream):
http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/cdbop0497c.jpg
http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/us1196b.jpg
http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/us1196f.jpg
http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/us1196c.jpg
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Post by Guest » Jan 1st 2003, 1:03 pm

tell me about it :(

i had it for her so bad... now it's all coming back!
i do really think that she's one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen though. she has a very genuine and natural look, and she was extra cute when she was in mscl :)

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 1st 2003, 5:20 pm

The third link down barely looks like her. Is that really her?

Gary
Last edited by GaryEA on Jan 2nd 2003, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jan 2nd 2003, 10:33 am

Yup its her... old one too... amazing how much different a little makeup and an airbrush can make you look. :twisted:

I admit that Claire as Juliet used to do it for me, but alas no longer.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 2nd 2003, 12:15 pm

O.K. I'm gonna turn left here and go out on a limb and disagree with y'all. Claire never did it for me. Not in the "Wow look at that hottie" sense. Not that ther's anything wrong with her look but I just never thought of her as too attractive. But since I am hideous ugly myself I can say things like that. :twisted:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 2nd 2003, 12:19 pm

During her time on MSCL, I always thought she was pretty in a regular girl next door type of way. I am not so sure now. She is pretty, but she doesn't do anything for me, either. I'm sure my husband appreciates that! :lol: :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 2nd 2003, 3:20 pm

amazing how much different a little makeup and an airbrush can make you look.
Nah, it must be the ice cream. ;)

Claire is a beautiful woman. I've seen recent photos and it's amazing how she's evolved from the uncomfortable teenager we all remember her as into the poised, literate and quite honestly intense woman she is now.

But I'll admit, and this is not a slam against her, her looks aren't conventional. Her eyes, cheekbones and lips aren't cookie cutter Hollywood, and I like that a lot.

Like her personality, she has a unique look all her own that makes her just as attractive as she was when she was a teenager's dream date* when MSCL first aired.

Gary

(*=For the record, Angela was never my dreamy "what if?" date, though I would happliy have gone to see the "Bicycle Thief" with her. Sharon was. Besides, I was too old for either one of them. Where was this show when I was in high school? All we had was Family Ties... )

(hope that didn't make me sound like a dirty old man... oh boy... :? )

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 2nd 2003, 3:30 pm

Hey, Gary - what did you like about Sharon? She never struck me as particularly beautiful, but I liked her character. Was it that she looked a bit older than the rest of the cast?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 2nd 2003, 3:53 pm

Claire is weird, I use to think she was amazing looking, but I don't really now. There are select moments in the show where she looks really good, but most of the time I could care less about her. My vision of her might be scarred for life since I dated a girl that looked eerily similar to her when MSCL had first aired, back in high school. So that might have just killed it all <shrug>.

Sharon, I have never really found attractive until watching the DVDs lately. She is definitely not someone I would like to date or whatever, but there are moments when she is 'ok'. Which is a lot better than I use to think of her lol. I admittedly have very odd taste at times though. I am definitely in the minority with some of my 'top attractive hollywood women' choices, show me another 26 year old who finds Judy Davis sexy as all hell.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 2nd 2003, 4:23 pm

One reason is that I always found Sharon, as a character, to be endearing. Not the whole time, but on many occassions I thought she was great even if she was giving Angela some grief.

When I was in high school and college, I was more attracted to the preppie types - remember, we're talking about the 80's into early 90's - and some of the arty types as well. Not the hard core preps who ran the glee club and remained within their own circle like a prototype sorority, mind you. I was interested in the ones who liked the clothes but also had no interest in being so... rigid.

Me? I was a mix of the two (a prarty?). Most of the time, I'd have my jeans rolled up above my Converse, with The Sugarcubes painted on the back of my denim jacket. (what a goof ball... groan)

Sharon has always reminded me of the preps that always caught my eye in the hallways between classes. She's not a prep (the way she dresses for one), but for some reason, I've always seen her as one. Besides, she was a cutie.

I must have a soft spot for preps - my girlfriend was one when we were in high school together. And she still looks great in a rugby! :D

Gary

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jan 2nd 2003, 5:44 pm

Come on you liked her cause she made the list for most well endowed! :P
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 2nd 2003, 5:49 pm

Haa! That's what I was thinking Mike :D . I remember thinking Sharon was about as good as it got when I watched the show the first time around. At least as far as MSCL was concerned.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 2nd 2003, 6:15 pm

Come on you liked her cause she made the list for most well endowed!
Well, no... I uh, always looked at her teeth. Yeah, that's it. Her teeth. Nice hair too. :P

Gary
(feeling like a dirty old man talking about teenage girls like this... lol!)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 2nd 2003, 7:17 pm

I always thought her hair had that "I won't let go of the Debbie Gibson fad" look to it!

:D

Those long floral print dresses with the lace collars too - hee!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Bubba
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Bubba » Jan 3rd 2003, 3:37 am

No doubt about it, Claire was - and is - gorgeous.

I admit: I had a HUGE crush on Ms. Danes back in the day. Okay, I still have quite the crush on her, but I digress.

There's a rational explanation behind my crush: I REALLY loved MSCL from the very beginning -- I was a sophomore, same as Angela & Co. -- and Claire did a wonderful job playing a very sympathetic character.

(I'm only a few weeks older than her, which didn't hurt.)

But rationale only goes so far: in truth, Claire Danes' eyes and smile are among the most striking I've ever seen. And Romeo + Juliet kinda sealed it for me.

http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/cdrj9.jpg

Consider the moment, at the Capulet pool, where Juliet says that a name isn't a hand, a foot, or "any other part belonging to a man." That smile always makes my brain lock up for a second or two.

:D

I now have a girlfriend -- the love of my life and my perfect soulmate. I've told her about my little crush and, understanding that she is, she doesn't hold it against me. But here's the thing: Nicole and I have been going out for over two years, and I've recently noticed something -- and I can't believe I'm sharing this.

The same eyes. The same smile.

(Actually, Nicole's even prettier than Claire Danes: her eyes, green with rings of gray and streaks of brown, are amazing.)

So, now, I can't look at Claire without seeing echoes of my Nicole. The end result? My crush on Claire Danes might have grown just a bit.
Truth. Beauty. Freedom. And above all things... Love.