Any DVD boxsets available in UK?

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Posting

Post by lance » Dec 12th 2002, 2:45 pm

ithurts2look@u wrote:Ok.. enough lurking for me! Time to come and add my 2 cents worth. I'm in the UK too, and I have to agree with Rod and say that Deepdiscountdvd is the best for UK customers to buy from. I recieved my set today(12th Dec), after it being shipped on the 27th Nov.

No customs charges, £35 and great packaging - what more could you want?? Play is a great site, but it seems a little steep for them to ask over £50 for the set, and then add other charges on top.

Hope you guys get the set.. I'm in heaven!
Gem
ithurst@look@u,

Thank you for posting. We need less lurking here and more posting.

Lance Man

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Dec 12th 2002, 9:49 pm

Damn. That, dear friend, is a bargain.

(I'm loving the DVDs but still reeling from the £90 they cost in total)

ithurts2look@u
Tino

Post by ithurts2look@u » Dec 13th 2002, 7:54 am

No problem Lance..

Been lurking since news broke about the DVD set, and have watched the crap people have had to go thro' to get these sets made, and sent out to them... It makes it just that little harder when you are overseas to decide how to get the set.. wanted to add some friendly advice!

Gem
Angela: `You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you.'

ollyman
Frozen Embryo

UPS made me £30 for delivering my set!!!!

Post by ollyman » Dec 15th 2002, 3:33 pm

Hi Kids,
I live in the U.K. and recieved my set about 2 weeks ago, but heres the bitch, UPS made me pay £30 to deliver it and there was nothing from AU.com in the box that indicated that they would ship me the lunchbox or the bonus DVD as I had paid for!!!

Does anyone know if the Bonus stuff is still gonna be done or not?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: UPS made me £30 for delivering my set!!!!

Post by Sascha » Dec 16th 2002, 5:58 am

ollyman wrote:Hi Kids,
I live in the U.K. and recieved my set about 2 weeks ago, but heres the bitch, UPS made me pay £30 to deliver it and there was nothing from AU.com in the box that indicated that they would ship me the lunchbox or the bonus DVD as I had paid for!!!

Does anyone know if the Bonus stuff is still gonna be done or not?
Noone knows yet for sure. AU claims that they will still ship it.
See the AU Customer Forum and the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 16th 2002, 8:58 pm

ithurts2look@u wrote:I recieved my set today(12th Dec), after it being shipped on the 27th Nov.
When did you order it? I use play.com for all my region one dvd's but if they have started to ship via the US I might as well sttart to shop around and I'd like to know how long deep take to ship after you order. ta.

ithurts2look@u
Tino

Post by ithurts2look@u » Dec 20th 2002, 8:52 am

I ordered the set 26th Nov and had it from Deepdiscount by the 12th Dec. Not too bad in my reckoning.

I would steer clear of Play.com with this item. as you'll be charged customs on the item to bring it to the UK. I was not charged any extra for this item, and know of other Uk'ers who weren't charged either.

Gem

nonihead
Frozen Embryo

Post by nonihead » Dec 20th 2002, 4:12 pm

hello everyone,
I am dying to get a box set but i dont want to buy one in case it will not work on my dvd player, as some places it says its region 1 and others (deep discount) say that its region 0. If i get it from deep discount will it definitely work on my region 2 dvd player?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 20th 2002, 4:55 pm

All the DVDs are region 0 regardless of where you purchase them.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

ithurts2look@u
Tino

Post by ithurts2look@u » Dec 21st 2002, 10:02 am

Take it from me, it will work on R2 DVD players.. just read the posts from fellow UKers. I have my set here right now, (from Deepdiscount) and it works fine! Just a shame many retailers have confused buyers with the wrong region type in their descriptions.

The only problem you may have is tv compatability, (NTSC-PAL), most new tv's do support NTSC, but there are threads here on this forum that deal with this very problem.

Gem

nonihead
Frozen Embryo

Post by nonihead » Dec 23rd 2002, 6:10 pm

Thanks! That box set will be mine soon!! :D

Annina
Frozen Embryo

Post by Annina » Dec 30th 2002, 5:28 pm

:D Hi everyone! :D

Just wanted to say I´m new here!! And...

I hope I can rely on the Region 0 thing, for I live in France and I just ordered the DVD package from Amazon.com. I hope the money´s really worth it and my DVDplayer won´t have any problems with it... :wink: Ehem.

Hugs, Annina
"...la verdad es que también
Lloro una vez al mes
Sobre todo cuando hay frío...
Conmigo nada es fácil, ya debes saber
Me conoces bien..."

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

uk sets...

Post by kenickie » Dec 30th 2002, 6:02 pm

I've been a bloody fool. I stuck up for AU for ages and now they screw us all...
I am still waiting for refunds (like everyone else) and what with Christmas, my car needing MOT and TAX (How's that for bad timing eh?) and other stuff I have NO MONEY!!!! :(
I tried to order from Amazon but my cc was declined (again due to christmas spending) so I have yet to actually re-order te set....
How many copies did Deepdiscountdvd get?? Do you think I'll still be able to get one?
I would really be sad if I ran out of time to get one....
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 30th 2002, 6:04 pm

Annina wrote::D Hi everyone! :D

Just wanted to say I´m new here!! And...

I hope I can rely on the Region 0 thing, for I live in France and I just ordered the DVD package from Amazon.com. I hope the money´s really worth it and my DVDplayer won´t have any problems with it... :wink: Ehem.

Hugs, Annina
Don't worry about the Region 0. It is definitely Region 0. The only problem you may have is that it is NTSC. I'm figuring France is PAL, but I really don't know. From what I can tell as long as you have a newer TV you should be fine. Otherwise you might not be able to display the picture correctly, if at all. Most people in Europe haven't had a problem though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Worse case scenario it is an excuse to buy a new TV, or to get your hands on a NTSC > PAL converter.

Welcome to the MSCL board BTW.

2ame2
Frozen Embryo

In UK, getting box sets from America.

Post by 2ame2 » Feb 26th 2004, 11:05 am

Hi guys,
I'm from UK...& just bought MSCL box set from amazon.com (FYI: It's no longer listed on deepdiscountdvd.com or play.com). It cost me £45 ($84) inc shipping, so not too bad. It shd arrive in 2-4weeks - can't wait! I have a region 2 dvd player...as others have said, the dvds are region 0 so should have no problems. Will post back a message to let you know. :)