AARGGGHHH! AU WINS AGAIN!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

AARGGGHHH! AU WINS AGAIN!

Post by Fedup » Dec 30th 2002, 4:08 pm

Ok, so I thought I was in the clear, I disputed my $20 overcharge with my CC company and got a temporary reversed credit immediately a couple of months ago. I just found out, they reversed the reversed credit and put the $20 back on! So I called them and they said the merchant didn't respond and that after 180 days they can't legally remove the funds from the merchants bank account. So I balked a little and they agreed to credit my account with $20 from their own funds, not from AU. I'm happy about that, but I don't want AU getting my $20 either. If I ever see Ross I'm talking it out of his hide.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 30th 2002, 4:24 pm

That is BS. The burden of proof is on the merchant to prove that they delivered the service or product paid for. The bank has every right to debit their account if they can't or won't deliver that proof.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Dec 30th 2002, 7:33 pm

That's what I figured. They were sticking to that 180 day rule which seems pretty arbitrary. I mean what difference does it make if they shafted me after 180 days? And if they don't have to go after AU for the money and would rather pay me out of their own pocket I guess that's their prerogative.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 30th 2002, 7:38 pm

What banks need to realise is that every time AU changedthe release date for the set, the 180 day rule was affected as well.

From what I understand, the 180 days is to allow merchants time to make up for delays. But AU seriously dropped the ball not just in getting the product out, but refunding overcharges and refunds.

Further, I'm catching the pattern that AU is ignoring requests from banks and credit card compnies for transaction information which should automatically warrant you the money owed. It's then up to the bank or cc company to hound AU for money owed to them.

Man, this is endless.

Gary

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Dec 30th 2002, 7:46 pm

I guess maybe it comes down to the amount of money in question. Maybe for a CC company, $20 isn't worth the effort of getting AU to pay up. AU probably understands this and unless a consolidated effort is made, 1000 people contacting 1000 different CC companies about $20 doesn't amount to squat, except for AU, which makes out with $20,000.