Claire Danes in Igby Goes Down

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Dec 1st 2002, 3:09 am

(didn't want to start a new topic for this so ... )

Does anyone know if there are any night scenes filmed in Soho? I was in NYC when they were filming. One night I walking through Soho (heading back to hotel in Tribeca) and noticed that one block was really lit up. At first I thought it was probably just an opening night for a club ... but they weren't using search lights.

If there was scene shot there at night who was in it?

So speaking of running into (or not) Culkins in NYC ... a few days later I was wandering around the Village and Macaulay Culkin walked right past me. I stopped and turned (stunned) and then very casually started heading the same way (stalker that I am not) but damn that kid is one fast walker.

Okay ... to recap - night scenes shot in Soho? Which actors involved?

Thanks!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 1st 2002, 4:23 am

Chances are it probably wasn't for the film, so many things are shot in nyc all the time. It could have just been even a photo shoot. I havent seen the film yet though so i cant tell you if they do have any night shots.

Also, next time you see Macaulay tell him to tell his ex-wife to PM me :twisted:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Independent Spirit Awards - Igby Goes Down

Post by fnordboy » Dec 29th 2002, 9:03 pm

Igby Goes Down is up for the Best First Screenplay category on the Independent Spirit Awards.

I am pretty sure that is the only thing it is up for and Claire isn't nominated for anything. It is up against Secretary though, and I think that will win a few good awards, it has the hype for it.

Here is hoping that Dahmer and Secretary sweep the awards :twisted:

If you haven't seen Dahmer yet, I highly recommend it. Interesting movie and a great performance by Jeremy Renner as Jeffrey Dahmer.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

movies

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 29th 2002, 9:29 pm

Am i able to rent these at my nearest Blockbuster??

Post by Guest » Dec 30th 2002, 2:38 am

No Dahmer for me.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: movies

Post by fnordboy » Dec 30th 2002, 3:03 am

crimsonglowgurl wrote:Am i able to rent these at my nearest Blockbuster??
Dahmer you might be able, i don't know what Blockbuster is doign with this title policy wise. I never rent anymore since the majority of what i want to see is never available.

And for the person who said no Dahmer for him, it is not the gorefest you would think it would be. Its a good psychological look into Dahmer. If i can remember correctly there is one murder scene in the movie and it isn't that gorey at all. But if homosexuality bothers you you might want to look elsewhere...not that they show anything, but it is blatantly obvious...it is Dahmer after all.

Oops... forgot to talk about the other titles. Secretary wont be available on DVD or video till March unfortunately. And Igby comes out on Feb. 4th I believe.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 30th 2002, 2:13 pm

I think (key word) I saw Dahmer at Blockbuster this weekend. I don't normally rent, if at all, but I needed something to watch when I was down the shore (weekend tv sucks).

Specs for Igby:

Number of Discs: 1
Languages/Sound: / Not Specified
Region Coding: USA & territories, Canada

Bonus Content:
"In Search of Igby" featurette
Audio commentary with Kieran Culkin and director Burr Steers
Deleted scenes with director's commentary Photo gallery

If I find more I'll post them.

EDIT: Oops, Sascha already posted this. Sorry! (not my day...)

Gary
Last edited by GaryEA on Dec 30th 2002, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

a little OT...

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 30th 2002, 8:50 pm

For those of you who have DVD players and are not content with the selection at your local Blockbuster, I really recommend signing up with netflix.

You can sign up for a free trial subscription, and if nothing else, you will get to see three free movies :D

The way netflix works is you pay a monthly membership fee (I pay $15 and I am allowed to have three movies at a time), and then you go through their movies and make a list of what movies you want to see. When you start your membership, they mail you the first three movies on your list. After you watch each movie, you put it back in the envelope (with prepaid postage) and drop it in the mailbox. When they receive your movie, they send you the next movie on your list. You can keep any movie for as long as you like without any late fees and you never have to drive back to Blockbuster in a panic before they close.

The Blockbuster near my house has a terrible selection of movies, and I am not accustomed to being limited to new releases. The Blockbuster where I used to live had a great selection, so I was not satisfied with the movie choices I had after I moved. In addition (and I'm going to make myself sound really old now), I remember when movie rentals used to cost $2 (or even the old 99 cent rentals at Longs Drugstore) so I hate paying $5 to rent one freaking movie. The way my netflix logic works is that as long as I watch four movies per month, I am doing better than going to Blockbuster and trying to find something.

The only bummer about netflix is that they are based out of northern California. This works out great for me because I can drop Movie #1 in the mail on Monday morning, watch Movie #2 on Monday night, drop Movie #2 in the mail on Tuesday morning, watch Movie #3 on Tuesday night, and receive Movie #4 in my mailbox by Wednesday or Thursday. If I really make an effort to watch movies every night (which, admittedly, I don't), I could have a new movie in the house almost every day. For anyone who doesn't live on the West Coast, you can pay for an upgrade so that you can have more movies out simultaneously to allow for transit time.

I don't have HBO, so netflix has allowed me to see what the hell everyone loves so much about the Sopranos, Sex and the City, and Oz. Since it's a monthly flat rate, my boyfriend and I have rationalized putting all kinds of crap movies that we would never pay $8/person to see at the movie theater in the comfort of our homes (since we consider everything after the fourth disc each month to be "free").

For the record, netflix does have Dahmer, and no, I am not a netflix employee :wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: a little OT...

Post by fnordboy » Dec 30th 2002, 8:55 pm

candygirl wrote: For the record, netflix does have Dahmer, and no, I am not a netflix employee :wink:
Just when you think it is OT...

Nice way to bring it all on topic :lol: :wink:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Dec 31st 2002, 7:05 pm

Jeff Goldblum wasn't nominated for Igby Goes Down? A miscarriage of justice!

And this netflix thing sounds like a dream come true.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 31st 2002, 7:52 pm

dTheater wrote:And this netflix thing sounds like a dream come true.
Yeah I know, that was always my problem with it. I always wondered where the catch was. Candy, you are the first person I know who actually uses it. Good to here that it is a good thing.

I've also been sketchy of their AOLesque marketing techniques. Every store I go into I am bombarded with flyers for Netflix. Right next to the AOL coasters...the B&M version of pop-up ads. :wink:

re

Post by Guest » Jan 3rd 2003, 2:14 pm

Also, next time you see Macaulay tell him to tell his ex-wife to PM me :twisted:
oh! she's in the movie? kewl..

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: re

Post by fnordboy » Jan 3rd 2003, 2:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:
oh! she's in the movie? kewl..
No she isn't in the movie (that I am aware of). Last I saw her in was Bully.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jan 6th 2003, 5:46 am

I watched Igby Goes Down last night and it was great. Claire was great. Very different from mscl and she looked beautiful. Very good.
Weird movie :)
----------------
Make it count.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 7th 2003, 6:58 am

KrokRos wrote:I watched Igby Goes Down last night and it was great. Claire was great. Very different from mscl and she looked beautiful. Very good.
Weird movie :)
Crap! I wanted to see it in the theater but it was only here for five minutes!
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)