Twin Peeks to Air on Bravo

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Twin Peeks to Air on Bravo

Post by mglenn » Oct 24th 2002, 3:33 pm

Since the show is consistantly getting compared to Twin Peeks as the show that just won't go away (And were not going to let it ) I thought I should mention that one of my Tivo's has informed me that starting on Thursday the 31st Twin Peeks will be shown on The Bravo Network here in the states.

Which is fitting I think as this sniper case seems to be a plot straight outta that show... "We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose!"
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Angelas_Dream
Tino

Post by Angelas_Dream » Dec 29th 2002, 2:57 pm

what time?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 29th 2002, 8:53 pm

Angelas_Dream wrote:what time?
Bravo lists it as Weeknights at 5am eastern....I don't know if I would classify that as weeknights though...

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

twin peaks

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Dec 29th 2002, 9:27 pm

Whats the target age of Twin Peaks??? Who's in it? Any names I might recognize??

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: twin peaks

Post by fnordboy » Dec 30th 2002, 3:14 am

crimsonglowgurl wrote:Whats the target age of Twin Peaks??? Who's in it? Any names I might recognize??
Hmm target age... tough question I first got into Twin Peaks when it originally aired and i was only 13 at the time. But it is definitely for a older crowd.

Any names you might recognize? Of course. It was co written by David Lynch, starred Kyle Machlachlan, Madchen Amik, Dana Ashbrook (i guess the "Catalano" of the show), Sherilyn Fenn <drool>, Lara Flynn Boyle, Joan Chen <drool, again>, Jack Nance...the list goes on.

It is an amazing show, hard to categorize. Is it anything like MSCL? No, i don't think so. But one of the best shows that will ever, EVER be on TV. It is tamer than most David Lynch movies ( that good or bad?..you decide).

Most likely you can rent the DVDs from blockbuster for the first season (no pilot though :( ).

In the immortal (and fitting) words of Agent Dale Cooper:

"Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange." :D