Hey MartinPierre!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Hey MartinPierre!

Post by Jason R » Dec 16th 2002, 12:08 pm

I think it is time that everybody got an update. Maybe Ross will be brave enough to post a message to the people who are paying his mortgage.

If not, we need some answers.

1) What is the status of the bonus disc?
- what is the content of the bonus disc?
2) What is the status of the bonus lunchbox?
3) When will doublecharge and cancellation refunds begin (for real, not just for 2 or 3 squeaky wheels)?
4) Is AU planning on ever communicating about the project with its customers? In 2003, maybe?

Also, pass along a little message for me. Tell him that he won't have to cry about people saying "bad" things about him if he just takes care of the problems so we can fold up this customer forum.

However, if saying that AU service sucks and that AU is holding money that is not rightfully theirs is saying "bad things," then I am guilty as charged.

Thanks
Jason

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 18th 2002, 3:49 pm

I will try to call him. But I have been very busy with my company and my 3 months old daugther...

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Dec 18th 2002, 7:52 pm

Martin, would I sound insensitive if I said I think you should be taking a more active role in finding info out despite your busy schedule? Since you are the only one who has any type of direct contact with Rosshole and feel the need to pussyfoot around certain subjects like info you had in the past and your reasons for not sharing that info, I think it is your responsibility, by circumstance, to help the people who bought this DVD set from AU.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 18th 2002, 7:55 pm

pinkchimney wrote: I think it is your responsibility, by circumstance, to help the people who bought this DVD set from AU.
No it isn't.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Dec 18th 2002, 10:16 pm

I don't think it is MartinPierre's responsibility either, rather I think he should continue as he is and not allow Ross to disrupt his life. Yes in the past MartinPierre did defend Ross, but I think most recently he has become enlightened to what type of person Ross is.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 19th 2002, 12:36 am

But I have been very busy with my company and my 3 months old daugther...
The last four words are more than enough reason for MP to take his time, or to not call Ross at all.

The responsibility belongs to Ross, and only him.

-g

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Dec 20th 2002, 4:10 pm

Well then I guess I am insensitive because if I was in the same position as he is, then I would help. Picking up a phone and pressing some numbers or emailing doesn't take that long at all. Be realistic.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 20th 2002, 4:27 pm

I would offer to make the call, but Ross is already telling people I harass him. For that reason, I have not dialed his number since October. Otherwise, people just know that I called, and it would back his lies up.

I can give a moderator his phone number, however.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Dec 20th 2002, 4:38 pm

Dialing his phone number isn't the problem...

Getting him to answer is.

Just because I dial doesn't mean he answers....

And it's not necessarly because he is avoiding me. He isn't staying in front of his cell phone 24 hours a day...

Neither do I.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 20th 2002, 4:52 pm

When he wants something he answers. Cell phones have caller ID, after all.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 20th 2002, 5:28 pm

Well, how about filling us in on the secret info he was supposed to have told you in your previous conversation? Sounds like another stalling tactic while he scuttles the money out of the country. I don't see that you owe him any favors after him not coming through with the promised info (again). Come on, spill the beans!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 20th 2002, 5:56 pm

Martin,
He is not answering your calls, you got your DVDs, I'd share what you know.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 20th 2002, 6:19 pm

Well then I guess I am insensitive because if I was in the same position as he is, then I would help. Picking up a phone and pressing some numbers or emailing doesn't take that long at all. Be realistic.
Here's the realism; We were responding to your saying that it was his "responsibility" to get info from Ross, or to pass along what he already knows, not the idea of calling.

-g

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Dec 20th 2002, 9:19 pm

Is there actually any useful information out there? As they say about something too good to be true.. it's clear Ross has packed up and moved on with his spoils. If you didn't cancel, dispute your charge, were afraid of disputing the charges, had hope, etc. you bought what you have already in your possession. If that's the DVDs, great. If not you're likely SOL. No lunchbox. No T-shirt. No coupon. No certificate/toilet paper of authenticity. Con artists may go to jail eventually but the people they conned rarely see any money back.

Chalk it up as an $99-$300 lesson in internet commerce and pursue whatever legal means you wish. And please leave that MartinPierre alone. He doesn't know anything and if he did it came straight from Ross. Why would you believe someone that's already stolen from you?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 20th 2002, 9:38 pm

I agree with you. 'What you got is what you got'. I think the chief lesson is to be extremely careful about who you deal with in the future. Investigate for yourself the company's track record, do not take someone elses representation. And at the slightest whiff of trouble, dispute dispute dispite with your credit card.

That said, I'm interested in those lunch boxes. Someone needs to initiate contact with GWhiz (or whomever) once the bankruptcy takes place or the contract is officially breached. (BTW, its dawned on me that if you received your DVDs from AU, you may STILL wish to dispute the charge, for all if not part of the order. Whats the set worth without the bonuses? About 60 bucks? Well, dispute the rest). Back on point, I'd be interested in getting involved with helping purchase the lunchboxes and then re-distributing them. I'm not wanting to make a penny for me, I just like the idea of fans taking charge of the situation. Those things are going to be sold at some point, or re-cycled. We might as well get them. Of course that would mean people would have to pay for them, for many a second time. This goes double for the bonus disc. Someone with more knowledge than myself have any clue how to initiate such thing? (I'm more a idea/finance role :) ). I do believe we would have to wait until AU shakes out with the bankruptcy.