Ross in TV Guide

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Ross in TV Guide

Post by moviezzz » Dec 17th 2002, 7:47 pm

Just got next weeks TV Guide in the mail, and there is an article about Another Universe's $399 Twilight Zone set, complete with a quote from Ross about how catchy the theme song is.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 17th 2002, 8:04 pm

I wonder how catchy he thinks "Jailhouse Rock" is.

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 17th 2002, 8:07 pm

He hired a very good PR firm. Hadn't paid them last I heard, though, so I feel like they are kindred spirits.

Hi Ross!

Jason

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 17th 2002, 8:53 pm

email sent to "tv guide" - i'll follow it up in a day or so: Anyone else wants to mail them - please do so - this is where we can apply pressure to RR/AU.

"It has come to my attention that in the coming weeks TV Guide you have an article regarding Ross Rojek, CEO of the company AnotherUniverse and the forthcoming release of the Twilight Zone DVD box set.

We would like to bring to your attention the current situation with Mr Rojeck and his release of previous DVD box sets by asking you to check this online petition signed by just some of the hundreds of people who are stilled owed money after the failure of his last dvd release.

You may want to bring this to the attention of your readers?"

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/AU2/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 17th 2002, 11:11 pm

zero wrote:email sent to "tv guide" - i'll follow it up in a day or so: Anyone else wants to mail them - please do so - this is where we can apply pressure to RR/AU.

"It has come to my attention that in the coming weeks TV Guide you have an article regarding Ross Rojek, CEO of the company AnotherUniverse and the forthcoming release of the Twilight Zone DVD box set.

We would like to bring to your attention the current situation with Mr Rojeck and his release of previous DVD box sets by asking you to check this online petition signed by just some of the hundreds of people who are stilled owed money after the failure of his last dvd release.

You may want to bring this to the attention of your readers?"

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/AU2/
Zero,

Thanks for staying on top of things.

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 18th 2002, 2:44 am

Zero, have I told you lately you kick much ass?

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 18th 2002, 3:53 pm

Without wanting to play down just how great I am and how much I appreciate the praise I'd like to modestly state that since I live in the Uk, paid via debit rather than credit card so can't claim the $ back and can't find any affordable legal recourse to deal with AU - doing the petition and spreading the word about Mr Stinky is not as altruistic as it appears. If I didn't do something my brain would explode with frustration.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 18th 2002, 4:12 pm

zero wrote:I live in the Uk, paid via debit rather than credit card so can't claim the $ back and can't find any affordable legal recourse to deal with AU.
Well I am in the same boat as you. I paid with a debit card and my bank will not do sh!t about it. I'm lucky that i got my first overcharged fixed. Now if i can just get the second I will be happy (well not really, but its a start)

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Dec 18th 2002, 7:45 pm

Where can we email the editor at TV guide? Any address?

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 18th 2002, 8:02 pm

pinkchimney wrote:Where can we email the editor at TV guide? Any address?
Online email submit at
http://www.tvguide.com/about/contact.asp

And if you are feeling energetic you could drop them a snail mail (as i did today) at

Customer Service Department
PO Box900
Radnor, PA 19088

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 19th 2002, 1:20 am

Thanx for the great idea Zero. I sent out an e-mail to TV Guide with the title "Are you endorsing a criminal????" In fact, I must admit that I copy and pasted your e-mail. I only changed a few things here and there. I hope I am not infringing any copyright laws. :roll:
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Dec 20th 2002, 2:10 am

Email sent. Thanks for the info Movie and Zero.