Christmas Movies

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Christmas Movies

Post by lance » Dec 15th 2002, 10:49 am

Hey gang,

As you all know Christmas is almost upon us (Argh!) That's right, shopping and family in mass quantities, brace yourselves :wink:

As way of a break from all of this what are your favorite Christmas Movies or TV episodes.

My favorite overall Christmas Movie of all time (drum roll) is:

Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.

I've have always identified with Charles Dickens and his hard upbringing, he and I share the same birthday. The story has always been powerful to me. I love the Ghost of Christmas Present (played by the guy who was the Equalizer-another great show).

Others:
1. So Called Angels (MSCL)
2. Christmas Vacation-hilarious even on the 20th viewing

Lance Man

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 15th 2002, 2:03 pm

My favorites:

"It's a wonderful life" by Frank Capra starring James Stewart. Not only because it's the origin of the name of a certain production company (Bedford Falls), it's just a beautiful and perfect movie (although technically not really a Christmas movie)

"The Family Man" starring Nicolas Cage and Téa Leoni. Actually, the filmed version is a little bit unsatisfying and too short (although more than 2 hours), but it makes a lot more sense after reading the original shooting script draft on the net.

"(National Lampoon's) Christmas Vacation" by John Hughes starring Chevy Chase. I'm always ROTFLMAO when I see this movie :)

"Life of Brian" by Monty Python. Okay, not really a Christmas Movie, but very close ;-)

Others:
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Miracle on 34th Street (the old black/white one)

Hm, can't remember any more at the moment. I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 15th 2002, 8:57 pm

This weekend was a Christmas extravaganza on tv! Charlie Brown, Rudolph, and the Grinch were on Friday night and Frosty was on Saturday night. Next weekend is Fat Albert.

:D

All childhood memories that I love to see reaired.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 15th 2002, 9:57 pm

I would rank the Christmas specials as follows:

1. A Charlie Brown Christmas. Look, I don't care how old I am, I'll admit I still tear up when Charlie Brown thinks he killed the tree. "I killed it". And earlier, when he screams out "DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS!". And of course Linus does his best to explain. And to top it off, the Vince Guarldi Trio did the score.

2. Rudolph. How can you not love this. Every moment a classic. I remember watching this with my parents, gathered around the TV.

3. Its a Wonderful Life. ( I really like the remake with Marlo Thomas - it happened one Christmas. )

4. Frosty

5. A Christmas Story with Peter Billingsley.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 16th 2002, 12:28 am

Hands down, this award goes to "A Christmas Story".

Even when they play it for 24 hours straight, it's freaking hilarious.

-g