What TV shows on DVD do you already own?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 13th 2002, 1:05 am

special_k wrote:

wonder woman: 1940s series

Ohhhhh, a show I don't know about! Please tell me more about it!

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Double Espresso » Nov 13th 2002, 5:30 am

Buffy fans you'll be jealous, I have the following on DVD

Buffy Seasons 1-5
Angel Seasons 1 &2
...I live in the UK and for some reason we have more seasons on DVD than in the US

also have:
Farscape Season 1
Sopranos Season 1
Twin Peaks Season 1

Coming soon:
MSCL
Felicity

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 1:54 pm

Calhoun07 wrote:God, I don't know if I have the time to post it all, but I will give it a go

<snip>
The Office
<snip>
Star Blazers
Battle of the Planets
Robotech
Lain
Cowboy Bebop
Tenchi
Gundam Wing
Nadia
Video Girl AI
Big O
How is The Office? I've keep noticing this but havent felt the desire to buy blindly yet. Is it worth it?

Also I have a fairly large anime collection and since you listed some of yours i will do the same (in no order of importance):

Cowboy Bebop Ltd Ed. Set
Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
Love Hina
Sister Princess
Dual!
Martian Successor Nadesico
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (on order)
Bakuretsu Hunter
Tenchi Muyo
Saber Marionette
Excel Saga
Trouble Chocolate
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ranma 1/2
El-Hazard
Betterman
Card Captor Sakura
Gatekeepers
NieA_7
Sakura Diaries
Shamanic Princess
Vampire Princess Miyu
Hellsing
Kare Kano
Mahou Tsukai Tai!
Tenshi ni Narumon (I'm Gonna Be an Angel)
Key the Metal Idol
Real Bout High School
Devil Hunter Yohko
Adventures of Mini-Goddess
Ah! My Goddess
Gasaraki
Strawberry Eggs (I My Me!)
Fruits Basket
FuriKuri (FLCL)

Those are just the TV show animes i own (and probably not all of them) I have tons of OVAs and movies too.
Last edited by fnordboy on Nov 13th 2002, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 3:30 pm

Double Espresso wrote:Buffy fans you'll be jealous, I have the following on DVD

Buffy Seasons 1-5
Angel Seasons 1 &2
...I live in the UK and for some reason we have more seasons on DVD than in the US
And it is sooooo unfair!! :cry:

We have to wait until January for BtVS S3! Thank goodness they are running S1-6 on FX so that I can still catch everything post-S2. You would think I might just tape them off FX but sometimes they skip episodes which I find to be annoying.

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 13th 2002, 5:07 pm

fnordboy wrote:
Calhoun07 wrote: How is The Office? I've keep noticing this but havent felt the desire to buy blindly yet. Is it worth it?
I think of it as a cross between Office Space and the Rutles: All You Need is Cash. While it is a fictional comedy about office workers and their lives within the office (and without), it is not a traditional type sit com, but it is done (and I would add brilliantly) as a mock "reality" TV show. I think that TV in America could be better, especially sit coms, if they took some lessons from the creators of The Office. And if you're already a fan of Bricoms, you won't be disappointed with this as a blind purchase. It is invigoratingly original.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 5:58 pm

Calhoun07 wrote:And if you're already a fan of Bricoms, you won't be disappointed with this as a blind purchase. It is invigoratingly original.
Ok i think you sold me on it. After i get my latest shipment from amazon.co.uk i will be ordering The Office.

Now if they will only bring out 2.4 Children my life will be complete!!

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 13th 2002, 6:24 pm

fnordboy wrote:
Calhoun07 wrote:And if you're already a fan of Bricoms, you won't be disappointed with this as a blind purchase. It is invigoratingly original.
Ok i think you sold me on it. After i get my latest shipment from amazon.co.uk i will be ordering The Office.

Ah, I haven't heard of that one. I feel my life is closer to completion now that Reginald Perrin and Butterflies are on DVD. Those are the Bricoms I first noticed (aside from Monty Python) on the PBS station I used to watch them on, and they also influenced me greatly, not only in terms of shows I liked, but also as a writer. The way those shows were written were a cut above what was being done for American TV, IMO. I've never been happier to get two Britcoms on DVD!

You'll have to let me know what you think of the Office. And go to http://www.bbc.co.uk to find help with the easter eggs found on disc two!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 7:06 pm

Calhoun07 wrote:
fnordboy wrote:

Ah, I haven't heard of that one. I feel my life is closer to completion now that Reginald Perrin and Butterflies are on DVD. Those are the Bricoms I first noticed (aside from Monty Python) on the PBS station I used to watch them on, and they also influenced me greatly, not only in terms of shows I liked, but also as a writer. The way those shows were written were a cut above what was being done for American TV, IMO. I've never been happier to get two Britcoms on DVD!

You'll have to let me know what you think of the Office. And go to http://www.bbc.co.uk to find help with the easter eggs found on disc two!
Well for all intents and purposes you probably wouldn't like 2.4 Children. It's my guilty british pleasure (much like the movie Shopping). It is almost a british version of Roseanne but not as crass. And for a season or two starred Georgina Cates (from An Awfully Big Adventure), which is what originally caught my interest in the show.

Any british person ive talked to about it have always said it was rubbish.

2.4 Children use to be shown on a local Long Island, NY channel. They use to really good holiday shows around Christmas too.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 14th 2002, 2:50 pm

Yes,

I have known for quite sometime that for differences in copyright laws, perhaps, region two gets US TV Shows on DVD looong before Region One does. Another example South Park Season One is just coming out in Region One, meanwhile in jolly old England Season Five is just about to come out.

For a wedding present I received a Region free DVD player. At some point I will have to order Angel Season Two or South Park Season Five from Amazon or Blackstar.

Candygirl, my friend Michael just received Buffy Season 5 from Blackstar. Do you feel like a road trip to Cincinnati? :wink:

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 14th 2002, 4:01 pm

lance wrote:Candygirl, my friend Michael just received Buffy Season 5 from Blackstar. Do you feel like a road trip to Cincinnati? :wink:
:shock:

Ooooh, to the "The Gift" again - without commercials, I might add.

You know how to touch me in the right place!

:wink:

:D

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Nov 14th 2002, 4:37 pm

candygirl wrote:
Double Espresso wrote:Buffy fans you'll be jealous, I have the following on DVD

Buffy Seasons 1-5
Angel Seasons 1 &2
And it is sooooo unfair!! :cry:

We have to wait until January for BtVS S3! Thank goodness they are running S1-6 on FX so that I can still catch everything post-S2. You would think I might just tape them off FX but sometimes they skip episodes which I find to be annoying.
I must admit that I'm pretty upset about having to wait so long for Buffy...especially knowing that other people have access to season 5. arg! (or should I say grr-arg!)

But I wouldn't bother recording episodes off of FX anyway. I mean you have the basic shell of the episode, but some of them are pretty badly cut. I find myself watching and unconsciously adding the lines that are missing. I have all my favorite episodes from season four and then every episode from season 5 up to now on tape (mostly commercial free), so I'm relatively happy...but I'd be happier if I had them all on DVD.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 16th 2002, 10:58 pm

candygirl wrote:
lance wrote:Candygirl, my friend Michael just received Buffy Season 5 from Blackstar. Do you feel like a road trip to Cincinnati? :wink:
:shock:

Ooooh, to the "The Gift" again - without commercials, I might add.

You know how to touch me in the right place!

:wink:

:D
Candygirl,

Laughing out loud, rolling on the ground and gasping for air.

Lance Man :D

Mek
Tino

Post by Mek » Dec 15th 2002, 2:50 am

Hey Gang!

My So-Called Life (well, duh!)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Seasons 1-5 (Region 2)
Angel, Seasons 1-2 (Region 2)
South Park, Season 1 (Region 1)
South Park, Seasons 1-4 (Region 2), Season 5 on order
M*A*S*H, Seasons 1-2
Sex & the City, Seasons 1-2
Band of Brothers (well, not yet, it's a Christmas present)
Space: 1999, Sets 1-6 (Season 1, half of Season 2)
24, Season 1
(The Shield, Season 1, on order)

Mek

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Dec 15th 2002, 4:23 am

If anyone is interested, I just got an add via e-mail from the sullivan boutique telling me that the Road to Avonlea series, first season has come out as a complete box set of DVDs. That is really cool. I ordered from them before and it worked much better than AU. The set cost $99.95. I just can't afford it for a while.

The url is: http://www.sullivanboutique.com/usboutique.html

/KrokRos
----------------
Make it count.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 15th 2002, 10:31 am

KrokRos wrote:If anyone is interested, I just got an add via e-mail from the sullivan boutique telling me that the Road to Avonlea series, first season has come out as a complete box set of DVDs. That is really cool. I ordered from them before and it worked much better than AU. The set cost $99.95. I just can't afford it for a while.

The url is: http://www.sullivanboutique.com/usboutique.html

/KrokRos
Ahh the pain! :wink:

KrokRos thanks for posting this. I will pass this on to my sister who is HUGE fan. She will be thrilled.

Best,

Lance Man