Where is Angela's "Blister in the Sun" dance?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
holliscannotlogin

Where is Angela's "Blister in the Sun" dance?

Post by holliscannotlogin » Dec 14th 2002, 7:26 pm

OK, I am having some real problems over here. I didn't watch all the episodes in order, but now I'm convinced that I have watched them all, only I haven't seen the Blister In The Sun dance...Anyone know which episode that is?

Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine this, although I'm beginning to wonder. Doesn't Rickie end up staying with Angela, and there's some scene where Rickie is doing the dishes and he hears Patty and Grahm discussing that he has to leave eventually? I know I watched the last two DVDs, and I don't remember seeing any of it. Experts, help me!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 14th 2002, 7:38 pm

Angela's "Blister in the Sun" dance is at the beginning of Betrayal.

Rickie stays with the Chases in Resolutions. After he does the morning dishes, he and Angela leave for school. Patty and Graham talk about what a great kid he is, but then the conversation segues into why Rickie's aunt and uncle haven't attempted to come get him. Naturally, Patty, who still wants to "do the right thing," says that she and Graham have to try to get in touch with them because "he can't stay here forever." Rickie, who returns to the house to retrieve a book he forgot (The Odyssey) overhears the tail-end of this conversation which is what prompts him to later lie and say that he is going home.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post by Guest » Dec 14th 2002, 8:20 pm

Ahh, thank you! As it turns out, my DVD player has some sort of issue, instead of just skipping through the song, occasionally it will take it upon itself to FF through the first chapter as well. Again, thanks!

Ps- I must add, that I LOVE RICKIE!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 14th 2002, 8:59 pm

FYI - It isn't your DVD player. Although many shows on DVD make the opening credits a single chapter so that you can skip past it and go straight to the beginning of the show, that isn't the case with MSCL. The first chapter is the opening credits AND the first few scenes of the episode. If you hit fast forward during the opening credits, the DVD skips forward to the second chapter. Keep in mind that each episode only has five chapters, so you miss approximately 1/5th of the show if you skipped the credits.

:(
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?