Woohoo!! I got a er... reply!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
canavan23
Tino

Woohoo!! I got a er... reply!

Post by canavan23 » Dec 11th 2002, 10:52 am

I finally got a reply from AU (Thomas to be exact)
It said this:
> We are sorry but we received your cancelation email after we shipped out
>your order, and that is why you got the box set. However, you are still
>slated for a refund. I will also leave a note to make sure you are contacted
>when we receive your refused order.
Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but a reply none the less.
So, I was obviously obliged to reply, showing both concern and gratitude:
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply :)

I have an idea. How about you forgetting all about recieving my order, and give me a refund now?

Your internal system must be even worse that your PR and customer relations departments combined, if you can process my cancellation 6 weeks before you shipped the set, but you never recieved my email until after the set shipped :)
That kind off breaks the laws of time, but is anyone can, AU can!

Have a look at my tracking number, it will show that I have refused delivery, and the set is with UPS.
That is all you need to know, you dont need to wait until you get the set back to give me my money. The set has nothing to do with me, that is your problem. The money, however, is mine, and I would like it back please.

If possible, I would like it credited back to my card. I don't see why I should have to recieve some sort of money order that will cost me an amount to cash (banks charge a lot to cash cheques/orders not drawn against UK banks). Given the chances of AU being out of business by the end of the year, I will take whatever you can offer, but as I said, please try and put the money back where you found it.

Again, thank you for replying to my first (well, twelth probably, but you know what I mean) mail. You are the only person there that has had even the slightest bit of courtesy. Unfortunaltly, you will now be replied to directly because of this, but hey, thats what you get paid for! I asume you get paid, or do you just get a letter each month saying "your salary has been processed"?

It can't be much fun working there, with every man and his dog wanting blood for what has happened. Take my advice, stress isn't good, get a job somewhere else. So what if Ross has picures of you and some goats, or even worse, you and Ross. Let him publish them, life can't get any worse that it is now, having to put up with people like me shouting for refunds all day, waiting for the men in suits to turn up to ask you about the "brown envelopes stuffed with dollars".
Ther has to be better places to work.
Please, stop me from worrying about you. Get yourself a nice job with a reputable firm, with a nice boss you could introduce your grandmother to, without having to worry about him stealing from her.

Unless of course you are a sadist, in which case, congratulations, you've earned it!

Have a good day, either way.

And don't forget what I said about me worrying about you!

Thanks
Well, we will see what happens :)
Teh intarnat si so big that if yuo fell into it, nobodey would hear yuo scream for 19 decades!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 11th 2002, 11:16 am

They are a bunch of dipshits. They haven't even read any cancellations submitted to the customer service site in over two weeks.

Now, it could be argued that they do not want to use the drygrass.com/mscl site now, however:

1) when they don't answer customers emails or calls, those customers have to go somewhere
2) they were checking the site before 2 weeks ago
3) they have not emailed me or gord telling us to pull the site down.

Whether they answer the complaints or not, the data being collected will be shared with any authorities requesting a log. I was going to pull the site down after December 15, but I am capturing entirely too much incriminating data to do that. The site will remain up, although my company site will go back up on the main page.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 11th 2002, 11:33 am

That was a stonking email! I laughed out loud :D I especially like your heartfelt concern for Thomas...

Which brings me to my favourite complaint sentence to be included in any letter or conversation where-ever possible (credit to my friend laura for this one):

"Yes, it is a longstanding problem, isn't it? Let us dwell for a moment here on your staggering incompetence."

I can't even type it without laughing....

:P

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 11th 2002, 11:58 am

hee!hee! :lol:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 11th 2002, 12:02 pm

Forgot to add, very funny email you sent them. It has to suck to work there right now. Probably have not been paid in weeks, and just knowing that the net is closing around them.

I included Wade and Thomas in my complaint to the IFCC, in fact. No way they don't know what is going on there. Maybe they can all do some time.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Dec 11th 2002, 12:03 pm

:lol: aaah, that was a good laugh

btw, poor goat...
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Dec 11th 2002, 12:04 pm

starbug wrote:That was a stonking email! I laughed out loud :D I especially like your heartfelt concern for Thomas...

Which brings me to my favourite complaint sentence to be included in any letter or conversation where-ever possible (credit to my friend laura for this one):

"Yes, it is a longstanding problem, isn't it? Let us dwell for a moment here on your staggering incompetence."

I can't even type it without laughing....

:P
That letter is great, as well as that quote! Unforunately, I don't think they're incompetent, because that's excusable. I think they know *exactly* what they're doing.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 11th 2002, 12:38 pm

Fedup wrote: I think they know *exactly* what they're doing.
I think you're right. :(

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 11th 2002, 4:05 pm

canavan, I will add my laughter to the mix - that was MOST enjoyable and very well put. :lol: May they all (AU) rot.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 11th 2002, 4:23 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: I included Wade and Thomas in my complaint to the IFCC, in fact. No way they don't know what is going on there. Maybe they can all do some time.
And if the judicial gods are shining down on us, it will be "pound them in the a$$ federal prison", not "white collar resort prison".

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 11th 2002, 4:27 pm

Well kenny, that would depend on how nice he is to the cops and if he is on his best behavior in the court room. Which I'm sure he wont be :twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2002, 4:29 pm

I can just picture Ross grandstanding and getting all red-faced while he blusters away.

Ahhhh, it's kind of funny to imagine actually - take a moment to picture him shaking his fist at a jury as he is led away in handcuffs.

:lol:

You know, assuming his hands were handcuffed in front of him rather than behind his back.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 11th 2002, 5:29 pm

CG, you're a moderator too, eh?? I leave for like a MINUTE and lookie at all the changes! :D Congrats, girline, we are indeed in competent hands with you and the Lance-Factor on call...who else has joined the ranks, outta curiosity??
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 11th 2002, 5:36 pm

Ok, just checked out the index and got an answer...silly me not payin' attention again :wink:

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mental » Dec 12th 2002, 11:56 pm

candygirl wrote:I can just picture Ross grandstanding and getting all red-faced while he blusters away.

Ahhhh, it's kind of funny to imagine actually - take a moment to picture him shaking his fist at a jury as he is led away in handcuffs.

There's of course a perfect Scooby-Doo reference here......

" I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids."

True, we aren't kids, but he no doubt thinks of us as such.