Post in this thread if you got your DVDs and want to share.

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
StrangeAngelBoy
Frozen Embryo

Post by StrangeAngelBoy » Dec 2nd 2002, 4:17 pm

I've been a lurker for about a month but thought i'd post since i got mine from amazon today. The first i heard about the set being produced was when they had gone into production from the pre-ordered sets. I thought great i'll finally be able to own all the episodes instead of just the 9 i had recorded from TV. So i thought i'd order it in the summer sometime, when i went to order round about july or aug the ordering of the set was unavailable, i emailed anotheruniverse asking if i would be able to order it at a later date but i never heard back from them. So i thought hmmmm something is not right here and i dont need to go into the rest.

Another reason i'm ecstatically happy today is i bought the Back to the Future trilogy on DVD after work and then of course arriving home to find the postman had been unable to deliver my package so rushed back over the post office to pick it up, woo hoo MSCL in my posession. Sorry for going on and on i bet nobody's read this far so some surrealness is needed, i have nothing but contempt for the tomato that doesn't know its place in society hither to that i seem to have misplaced my large androgynous cucumber, sorry that wasn't very inspired i'll try better if i do it again.
My world may look strange to you, but try looking...... oh what the hell, ok i'm weird.

medellia77
Nicky Driscoll

After ten months, it was well worth the wait

Post by medellia77 » Dec 2nd 2002, 11:30 pm

Finally got my set from AU (but I won't rest until I get everything else I'm owed). Must say, that after seeing all of that artwork being posted on the board, I'm disappointed by the slipcovers - I think they could have been a little more creative than that. Otherwise, I'm thrilled to finally have this in my hands, and am looking forward to getting reaccquanted with the show.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Dec 3rd 2002, 3:36 am

I got my discs yesterday and I had to pay 38 dollars to get them from UPS. I am wondering why anotheruniverse.com put 18 dollars for shipping on their page when I had to pay 38. Is this normal?
I have ordered from US and Canada before and I have never had this big reaction to the shipping costs. But I guess this is reality and I was just lucky the other times.
The lunch box and bonus disc should be sent as a $0.00 delivery and we should not have to pay for that.
----------------
Make it count.

Georgia
Tino

Post by Georgia » Dec 3rd 2002, 5:27 am

Finally got my set today, after one missed delivery attempt.

Luckily, wasn't charged tax or brokerage (guess they don't here - I'm in Australia).

I wasn't double charged, either.

However, I am still far fom happy with the sh*tty way AU have treated their customers. It also remains to be seen if any of the other stuff we were promised/have paid for materialises.

Thanks to Jason, and good luck to all those still waiting... for anything they are owed.

Cheers.

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Dec 3rd 2002, 9:24 pm

*doing a happy dance of joy*

I love it when Jordan takes Angela's hand in the hallway! And now I can wtch it over and over and over and over, 'cause UPS brought my DVD's today!!!!!!

I needed that, too. A bright spot in an otherwise crappy, crappy week...

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Dec 4th 2002, 6:35 pm

me too happy happy
i just hope everyone elses turn up real soon
oh and thats my fave bit too :)

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Dec 5th 2002, 5:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: finally. I haven't got watching them yet, as I'm in work and the DVDs are at my parents house :cry:

had to pay £28.35 for delivery :evil: :evil:

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Dec 9th 2002, 10:15 am

I just got them delivered here on the door and what a great feeling. I think I'm gonna start watching the show right now. Didn't have to pay any tax or fees at all.

marquito
Jody Barsh

I Got 2 Sets!!

Post by marquito » Dec 9th 2002, 3:09 pm

My AnotherUniverse set arrived a long time ago. I've been watching and rewatching it for weeks. I love it. I'm so happy about having it. Recently, I ordered another set for a friend. I used the 2-day shipping option with Amazon.com to get it here in time for my friend's birthday tomorrow and it got here on time! I'm really really happy to share MSCL with a close friend who also loved the show. We were both in high school when MSCL was out and we can completely relate to those times, regardless of how much we've changed since then. With the show we can recapture some of our long lost teenage, high school years while remembering a great show. We are generation MSCL.

Anyway, I'm really happy to have my MSCL. I still haven't received the dubious lunchbox or disc from AU. I'm also moving, so I can pretty much say goodbye to the possibility of receiving it after I change addresses. Pooh on AU. Yay for Amazon.com and getting my set in 2 days.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 9th 2002, 9:12 pm

I just got my DVDs today from BMG.

Thankfully, Ross Rojek did not kill Christmas in this household, so I will be watching it on a brandy new TV. I will keep an eye out for the artifacts and other reported problems. This TV is seriously like 1,000 times bigger than the last one. Projection and HDTV, although my cable company does not offer HDTV converters yet. :evil:

Hope I am not in for a rude awakening when I view on this screen, although many seem to be satisfied with the quality.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 9:26 pm

Glad you finally got your set Jason! Ironic (in the Alanis Morisette sense) that you got yours after almost everyone else.

Better late than never though, right?

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 9th 2002, 9:39 pm

I kinda don't feel like opening it. The DVD definitely has "the curse" for me.
candygirl wrote:Glad you finally got your set Jason! Ironic (in the Alanis Morisette sense) that you got yours after almost everyone else.

Better late than never though, right?

:D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 9:41 pm

I totally understand - kinda have that creepy feeling like putting the DVDs in the player might cause your tv to explode or your water pipes to burst?

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

DVDOwner
Nicky Driscoll

Post by DVDOwner » Dec 10th 2002, 9:48 am

Hi everybody!

This is my first post!

I've been lurking here since Oct 19!

I ordered the box set as soon as it was announced. I sent in my preorder payment (for the FULL set) with a money order. I didn't hear back for a long time, then I got a mass email saying payment was received and individual emails with order numbers & details on where to send the rest of the money would be sent out soon! I never got it! I'd send an email to Jason once in a while & got sent to Drygrass or whatever! Then I got an email saying my problem was taken out of the que & I was given a phone number to call! I think I talked to Wade he seemed nice. I think he told me my address when I told him my name so they had to have my payment! He gave me a Call-In number & I sent the remainder of the payment in! The day after, Oct. 19, I got the imfamous email about Jason withdrawing from the project! I came here & found out what was going on!

I finally got my UPS tracking number on Nov. 19, with scheduled delivery on Nov. 26! I finally got them on Dec. 3, the day after my 4-day weekend!

I watched the first disc right away! I didn't notice any picture or audio problems that bothered me or distracted me from enjoying it!

Jason, that flaw I emailed you about on my old single MSCL DVD ISN'T on this one! Yeah!

I watched one disc a day the rest of the week!

I didn't notice any real problems!

As for the menus- I don't plan on watching the menus too much anyway!

Do these disc actually have Macrovision on them? I thought MV was the reason why you can't record some discs - the picture goes real bad when you try to tape them.

I tried to record during the museum visit & it worked!

I'm so happy to have my DVDs!

I never saw the show until an MTV marathon!

My tapes all come from one of those, no opening or closing credits, too many commercials (yes I know - even one commercial is too many)!

I'm not going to hold my breath for the extras! I don't even know if I get them! I did preorder at the very begining, but never got to send the rest of payment until October!

Well I've rambled on long enough :roll:

pennylanedepp
Tino

Post by pennylanedepp » Dec 10th 2002, 12:54 pm

Well yesterday i finally received my dvd's.
I have been trying for months to get my money back, I filed a dispute with my credit card company, i filled out the report at dry grass, and sent multiple emails to au stating that I want to cancel my order and want my money back. I have also bought the set at best buy, Even after all this, What do they do? Send me the dvd's. I am happy that I got them, but now i have two sets, Well isn't that fabulous. I guess I'm going to return the set to best buy. :x They have made this whole process alot more complicated than it should have been. [/img]