ages

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

ages

Post by Guest » Dec 8th 2002, 3:21 am

how old was claire danes when she first started mscl?
how about the other cast members? anybody know?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 8th 2002, 4:29 am

Claire was 13 when they started filming the show in 1993 and (I think) Jared Leto was 19. There's another thread about this somewhere on the forum... and you may be able to find it elsewhere in the index of this site.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2002, 4:32 am

The cast's ages at the time of shooting are listed here: http://www.mscl.com/encyclopedia/episod ... =low&id=01
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

hmm...

Post by Guest » Dec 8th 2002, 12:05 pm

so two years later is when they shot 'dancing in the dark?'..that must've been awkward for claire danes being that she was 15 and jared was 23 and a.j. 20....weird.

anybody know if claire, a.j, jared, wilson, devon odessa, and devon gummer (whatever his last name is) we're friedns off of the show?

i remember reading in 'chicken soup for the teenage soul' a story by a.j. langer about m.s.c.l. i assumed her and claire were good friends.

indreamsbeginresponsibili

Post by indreamsbeginresponsibili » Dec 8th 2002, 3:03 pm

devon gummersol :idea: ....as for the cast being friends i don't really know. a few times a.j. and wilson hosted MSCL marathons on MTV....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2002, 7:31 pm

Cast ages when Episode 19 was shot:

Lisa Wilhoit was 13 years old
Claire Danes was 15 years old
Devon Gummersall was 16 years old
Allison Joy Langer was 20 years old
Devon Odessa was 20 years old
Wilson Cruz was 20 years old
Jared Leto was 22 years old (shooting wrapped literally days before his 23rd birthday)
Bess Armstrong was 40 years old

Claire Danes said, "I'm still good friends with a lot of the cast," in an interview that Sascha posted here

There was also a story about Claire, Devon G, Tom, and Winnie Holzman's husband doing a staged reading of Our Town (staged by Bess) at a church in 2000 with AJ and Devon O in the audience with Claire's parents. You can read about it here. That was over five years after the show ended, so it seems that they are still in touch.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Post by glitter_punk » Dec 8th 2002, 9:01 pm

I've heard many times that A.J. Langer and Wilson Cruz are still really good friends... as for Jared, it seems like he doesn't really talk with people from that part of his life, but that's only what I've heard from numerous people/sources.
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2002, 9:05 pm

In an interview with Latina magazine, Wilson Cruz said he want to the premiere of the Mod Squad to support Claire Danes so I assume they are still friendly

http://www.latina.com/new/magazine/book ... ilson.html

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Post by glitter_punk » Dec 9th 2002, 10:16 am

I just bought the mod squad, it was on sale at blockbuster video for $2.00... they had this whole table of movies for $2!! :) I love how I can relate every event in my life to MSCL... in some weird way
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.