Drilled on the MSCL DVDs? Check out LOTR!

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Nov 20th 2002, 8:33 am

lance wrote:
My wife and I just hit our one year anniversary at the end of October. Yup, getting married takes a great chunk of time, but worth it. Might see HP tommorrow.

Lance Man
CONGRATULATIONS, LANCE! I think the first anniversary is really special. My husband and I just had our 9th anniversary on September 11. I must say, we didn't really celebrate this year because of it being the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the U.S. Normally we'd leave the kids with my parents and go out to dinner, but this year it just didn't feel right.
"See, I have this philosophy......."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 23rd 2002, 3:10 pm

So-Called Angel wrote:
lance wrote:
My wife and I just hit our one year anniversary at the end of October. Yup, getting married takes a great chunk of time, but worth it. Might see HP tommorrow.

Lance Man
CONGRATULATIONS, LANCE! I think the first anniversary is really special. My husband and I just had our 9th anniversary on September 11. I must say, we didn't really celebrate this year because of it being the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the U.S. Normally we'd leave the kids with my parents and go out to dinner, but this year it just didn't feel right.
Hey all,

So-Called Angel: Thanks for your thoughtfulness. Even though your anniversary is the same as the attack I hope you both eventually celebrated. Did you?

I saw Harry Potter on Thursday with my honey. I thought the film was okay. Definately darker than the first one. I am intrigued as to how they will do the third film, especially with a change in directors.

I am about halfway through watching LOTR: Fellowship and I am very impressed with DVD. The extended scenes and new scenes help to flesh out the story more. I sympathize with those of you who prefer the book to the movie. However, give the movie a chance. The movie isn't as good as the book, can't be, but it is a great flick.

Lance Man

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Nov 25th 2002, 4:26 pm

You're welcome, lance.

No, we haven't celebrated yet, but we're thinking we might go and see The Two Towers - without the kids of course! :wink: The only problem then will be that I'll have to go and see it again with my son and my mum and leave my husband at home with the baby - it's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it!!!! Last year I went and saw The Fellowship with the hubby and our son, then I saw it again with my mum.

Harry potter comes out this Thursday and same as last year, I'll take my son and Mum to see it. I loved The Philosopher's Stone and I'm really looking forward to seeing The Chamber of Secrets. But I must admit, I'm more excited about seeing The Two Towers - I can't wait, actually. I haven't read any of the LOTR books so I can't compare the book with the movie, but I loved The Fellowship, I thought it was a great movie, too. I bought the extended LOTR TFOTR, too, and actually got a chance to watch it over the weekend and I really enjoyed it.
"See, I have this philosophy......."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

LOTR

Post by lance » Dec 5th 2002, 7:52 pm

Hey all,

I hope all is well with you. I just finished watching LOTR: Fellowship Extended Version The extras are worth watching. The introduction by Peter Jackson and the "Fellowship of the Cast" segment have some pretty humourous moments.

More later,

Lance Man

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 6th 2002, 11:58 pm

Yeah, I was really happy to be watching the extras for LOTR - Fellowship. My boyfriend and I already have the theatrical release, but I decided to buy the extended version when I cancelled my MSCL order with AU. Since I wasn't getting any MSCL extras, I figure I can get some extras on something else! But yeah, I loved the extras. Especially the film scoring with Howard Shore. Awsome! Also, I never would have guessed they used false perception for scenes with both hobbits and regular-sized people. We learned about that in my high school physics class!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Moms point of view

Post by lance » Dec 11th 2002, 4:14 pm

Hey all,

My mom won't see LOTR: Two Towers. I asked her why since she saw Fellowship. She said because, "It's a guy movie."

I asked her to explain further. She said that basically Fellowship of the Ring was, "battle, battle, battle, kiss the girl, battle, battle, battle and rainbow at the end."

:D

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Moms point of view

Post by fnordboy » Dec 11th 2002, 4:30 pm

That's funny. My mom plans on going to see it, where as I won't.

I despise going to the movie theatre and am content with just getting the DVDs as they are released.

The next thing i plan on seeing in the theatre is the Cowboy Bebop movie, and even then ONLY if it is beeing shown subbed and not dubbed in my area.

And whenever the next Star Wars movie comes out. Since i feel obligated since I have seen them all in the theatre. Even if the new ones suck.

lance wrote:Hey all,

My mom won't see LOTR: Two Towers. I asked her why since she saw Fellowship. She said because, "It's a guy movie."

I asked her to explain further. She said that basically Fellowship of the Ring was, "battle, battle, battle, kiss the girl, battle, battle, battle and rainbow at the end."

Lance Man

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: LOTR

Post by Sascha » Dec 11th 2002, 6:14 pm

lance wrote: I just finished watching LOTR: Fellowship Extended Version The extras are worth watching. The introduction by Peter Jackson and the "Fellowship of the Cast" segment have some pretty humourous moments.
I totally agree. I just finished the bonus discs and it's really amazing. I can't believe how much work they put in every small detail on the sets you can't even see on screen. Now I have to work my way through the commentary tracks :-) And then there are the Spiderman and Star Wars II DVDs still waiting ....

BTW: Did you find the hidden easter egg on disc 2 (the trailer for "the two towers")? I had to laugh when Peter Jackson appears and says "Congratulations, you found the hidden suprise" :-) You can really feel how much effort and love he put in making the movie (and the DVD). I wish I could say that about BMG and the MSCL DVDs.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2002, 8:14 pm

Did anyone watch the WB special on The Two Towers that aired last week? I forgot that it was on that night so I only caught the end, but it was great to see that everyone had a good time working together and making the movies.

Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Two Towers

Post by lance » Dec 17th 2002, 3:12 pm

Hey all,

Tomorrow Mek and I am going to see the 11:00 am showing of LOTR: Two Towers. I can't wait. Anyone else going to see it tomorrow or this weekend?

Lance Man

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Dec 17th 2002, 4:12 pm

I will probably see it sometime next week after my finals have finished.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 17th 2002, 4:51 pm

Tomorrow at 8:30pm! Today my friend Chris (with whom I'm going tomorrow) and I are going to watch Fellowship to get us revved up! Good times.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 17th 2002, 4:59 pm

No one is hard core enough to go to the midnight showing tonight?

Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 17th 2002, 5:07 pm

My friend Chris went to get the tickets on Wednesday or Thursday last week and the midnight showing (12am Wed) was sold out already! We tried, and alas, we failed. So we're going at 8:30.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 17th 2002, 6:13 pm

<sigh>

I'm waiting for the DVD.

:?