Claire Danes in Princess Mononoke

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 16th 2002, 1:54 am

I've never seen this one but was intrigued by adam's post on another thread. Has anyone else seen this one and know if it's worth checking out, not only for Claire's voicing of San, The Princess Mononoke, but also just as a flick to watch? This 1997 anime movie, which also features the voices of Minnie Driver and Billy Bob Thornton, is slated to air Thursday, 1/17, from 10:35 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern time on Starz.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Claire Danes in Princess Mononoke

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 22nd 2002, 4:37 am

This movie is slated to air again early Wednesday, 1/23 (or late Tuesday, 1/22, depending on how you look at it), on Starz from 12:15 to 2:35 a.m. Eastern time.

Dengar
Jody Barsh

Post by Dengar » Jan 24th 2002, 6:17 pm

i must admit to watching this movie just because Clair did one of the voises. im hardly an anime expert, but this movie was sub par IMHO. didnt much care for it, and the animation wasnt very jaw droping like Ghost in the Shell or movies of that nature. Claire did a fine job tho.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 25th 2002, 9:26 pm

Dengar, thanx for posting your thoughts on this one. I keep making a note of when this on and keep missing it, partly because I know it's just Claire's voice. And now that you've mentioned that it's subpar anime, I don't know if I'm going to check it out. Maybe one of these days, I'll get around to it. It seems to be playing quite a bit this month, so there are plenty of chances still ahead.

BTW, this movie is slated to air again early Sunday, 1/27, on Starz from 4:15 to 6:30 a.m. Eastern time.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 26th 2002, 3:28 am

This movie is slated to air again on Encore Friday, 9/27, from 3:50 to 6:05 p.m. EST.