Astrological Research

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 3rd 2002, 6:39 am

I'm a sagittarius, but not by much... :)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Astrological Signs

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 4th 2002, 11:55 am

I am a Pisces and betrothed to a Cancer, so I feel quite at home here.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Dec 4th 2002, 5:42 pm

I'm a Leo...hear me roar! Although I am rather tired today, so perhaps I'll just sit here and purr quietly.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 6th 2002, 5:59 pm

Hee hee! :lol: Can't believe I'm gonna throw my 3 or 4 cents in here but what the hey: BTW, I agree Candy - while I am new to the OT site - tunnel vision for a bit - I find this side of the forum most enjoyable and not nearly as stressful. Ok, I'm a Capricorn, smartass to the bone dob 1/6. I forget what famous person shares my b-day, but two folks I DO know that share a close b-day: Elvis Presely and David Bowie - both Jan 8. Woo-hoo!

Ok, that's me :wink:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 9th 2002, 5:51 pm

Okay, I confess, I'm a newbie who only checked out the DVD forum.... until recently that is!

I'm a Cancer, I'm engaged to a Taurus, and I'm going to marry him in about 12 days. And I love Buffy too. Can't wait to see what else happens this season, and on Angel too, of course. I think Angela could have wound up with Brian or else somebody else altogether. I loved Jordan too but I think he might have been a bit of a phase for her. I thought Brian and Angela had great chemistry. I love that we (the fans) got it released on DVD. I'm really enjoying watching it again.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 6:26 pm

Welcome to Life outside the DVD forum! Always glad to have more people talking about stuff besides how much we hate AU.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 9th 2002, 7:52 pm

Thanks candygirl! I'm having fun checking out the rest of the forums. :oops: I'm a little embarrassed it took me so long.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 8:01 pm

Better late than never!

I love the other forums here. Whenever I got stressed or annoyed or angry about the DVDs, I started reading stuff in the other forums to remind me why I like the MSCL forums. Our members are so cool!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 10th 2002, 12:12 am

Wow, there is a whle 'nother world out here.

Anyway, about the Xander thing. I think it would be fitting for him to kill Spike. First of all, and this was a glaring plot hole IMO, there is no way that Xander agrees to live with Spike, given that he's slept with the girl he loves, tried to rape her,and then slept with his fiance. I didnt buy that for a second.

I really think that Joss would have killed off Spike earlier, but he's turned into quite the fan favorite. And thye are running out of male characters as it is.

The Spike with a Soul is just not working for me. I think it interferes with an otherwise strong season. Face it, no matter what spin is put on it, will never be as compelling as Angel was initally, and will always feel like a re-tread.

shorty

Post by shorty » Jan 16th 2003, 11:44 am

I am a LEO and I am totally hooked on MSCL! AND I also share my bday with Issac Hayes, (20th August) how cool is that!

shorty

Post by shorty » Jan 16th 2003, 11:45 am

I am a LEO and I am totally hooked on MSCL! AND I also share my bday with Issac Hayes, (20th August) how cool is that!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

The tally so far

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 17th 2003, 6:18 am

Just keeping track...

3 Pisces
2 Cancer
2 Leo
2 Sagittarius
1 Scorpio
1 Capricorn

(The Scorpio is Fnordboy, who mentioned it in another thread.)

Well, that's not a huge statistical sample. but 'tis a start. Water signs lead, with fire well represented. No air signs as yet...

I could check everyone's profiles for birthdays, but that would be, like, work. :)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: The tally so far

Post by Sascha » Jan 17th 2003, 8:00 am

Nostradamus wrote: I could check everyone's profiles for birthdays, but that would be, like, work. :)
I wrote a little script which gets the list of birthdays from the forum database and calculates the astrological sign:

[sign] => count

[Cancer] => 7
[Taurus] => 8
[Libra] => 9
[Sagittarius] => 9
[Scorpio] => 9
[Capricorn] => 9
[Gemini] => 10
[Aries] => 11
[Leo] => 11
[Pisces] => 13
[Aquarius] => 15
[Virgo] => 15

And here's also a nice statistic about the age of the forum users:

[Age] => count
[13] => 1
[16] => 2
[17] => 5
[18] => 5
[19] => 6
[20] => 15
[21] => 9
[22] => 11
[23] => 14
[24] => 9
[25] => 7
[26] => 9
[27] => 5
[28] => 8
[29] => 1
[30] => 4
[31] => 2
[32] => 3
[33] => 1
[34] => 1
[35] => 2
[36] => 2
[39] => 1
[40] => 1
[41] => 1
[57] => 1

126 users
Median: 24.31 years

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Re: The tally so far

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 17th 2003, 9:41 am

sab wrote:I wrote a little script which gets the list of birthdays from the forum database and calculates the astrological sign:
:o Wow, talk about user-friendly! Less than two hours after I off-handedly mention the idea, and Sascha has already compiled the data. Thanks! :D

I went ahead and sorted the numbers by various astrological categories, though as you can see they are fairly evenly distributed across the spectrum. Only the threefold principle shows a slight trend away from the Cardinal and toward the Mutable. We can assume a small margin of error due to incorrect profiles and birthdays on the cusps, but I doubt that would change the data very much.

Total: 131
(I added data for five users, myself included, who posted their signs but do not list a birth date in their profiles.)

[sign] => count

[Aries] => 11
[Taurus] => 8
[Gemini] => 10
[Cancer] => 9
[Leo] => 12
[Virgo] => 15
[Libra] => 9
[Scorpio] => 9
[Sagittarius] => 9
[Capricorn] => 10
[Aquarius] => 15
[Pisces] => 14
  • Fire: 32
  • Earth: 33
  • Air: 34
  • Water: 32
  • Cardinal: 39
  • Fixed: 44
  • Mutable: 48
  • Masculine: 66
  • Feminine: 65
Questions? Comments?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Gender

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 19th 2003, 3:33 am

Nostradamus, I was surprised to see the males slightly in the lead here. While there is obviously a fervent male population who post on a regular basis, I didn't think the numbers were that high. MSCL certainly bucks the trend of numerous other fandoms that tend to be predominately female, and I love that there is such a good mix of genders here. It definitely heightens the discussions we have.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard