MSCL Quote thread

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
sandee

more quotes

Post by sandee » Oct 24th 2002, 3:20 pm

i haven't watched the show in years...but i'm loving all the quotes..can't wait 'til the DVD finally gets here.

here's some i haven't seen yet:

"if you analyze why people end up with certain other people it'll make you want to kill yourself!"

Brian

"a person can have feelings for someone, even if they're not, like, THE person any more."
angela to patty and danielle

LilmizRENTHEAD
Nicky Driscoll

Post by LilmizRENTHEAD » Oct 30th 2002, 11:20 pm

OK! Jordan's turn...

"You are so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."
-preferably, the one Rayanne says, when her and Angela are in the back of the police car.

"Once upon a time there lived a girl. She slept in a lovely cottage made of gingerbread and candy. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up. She woke up."
- Angela's VO, quoting her poem "A Fable"

~*Rickie: Look! We all know what's going on around here okay? ..which is that you (Rayanne) are jealous..
Rayanne: What?!
Rickie: And you (Angela), you are totally flipped because Rayanne finally did something nice for once in her life..
Rayanne: Hey!
Rickie: Which she did, by taking Sharon to go visit her dad. And now both of you just want to be sure that you both still are friends, which you are, so shut up! (Angela laughs)
Rayanne : Let's kill him.. (They chase Rickie) Say your prayers Vasquez!*~

And finally...the truth about tarot cards:
"AngelaVO: Each card has a name. The magician [Graham], the Empress [Vivian], The Fool [Danielle], The Wheel of Fortune [an old couple dancing], Strength [Patty]...They represent challenges and tests. [Patty kisses Graham] Twists of fate. [Cut to Rayanne in the hospital. Amber sits by her side, holding her hand.] No card is all good or all bad. Cards can be positive or negative, depending on where they fall. [Cut to Angela sitting in her window reading Amber's tarot book] When you read someone's future, they must think of a question. They must hold it in their mind. The cards are read in sequence. Each card leads to the next. We move from terror and loss to unexpected good fortune. And out of darkness, hope is born. [Fade to white]"

~*Jordan
Yeah, later...MUCH.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

breakup

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 22nd 2002, 2:07 am

i cant remember the exact words, but i like the lines when angela and jordan are breaking up and Angela mentions Jordans hair as being soft..and in the end he makes some cute analogy to angela driving...like dont take your corners too fast or something hehe i cant remember what
its a great scene

Megs
Lifehead

Re: breakup

Post by Megs » Nov 22nd 2002, 12:59 pm

He says to her not to take her turns too fast, and then he ends it sweetly by saying softly, "I'm sure you won't." Makes my heart melt every time!!
crimsonglowgurl wrote:i cant remember the exact words, but i like the lines when angela and jordan are breaking up and Angela mentions Jordans hair as being soft..and in the end he makes some cute analogy to angela driving...like dont take your corners too fast or something hehe i cant remember what
its a great scene
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Dec 1st 2002, 6:10 am

didn't he say "don't take your turns too wide"? Maybe it was "fast" but I could have sworn it was wide.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 1st 2002, 4:43 pm

pinkchimney wrote:didn't he say "don't take your turns too wide"? Maybe it was "fast" but I could have sworn it was wide.

Yeah, I think you're right.

Sorry.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Dec 2nd 2002, 2:28 pm

"Thanks for leaving me with a whole heart to clean up."

/Brian in episode 2.

To Angela about the lab-lesson she snuck out of.
----------------
Make it count.

Post by Guest » Dec 3rd 2002, 1:49 am

Patty: "We have to do the right thing."
Graham: "Who are you? Spike Lee?"

WeHadATime
Frozen Embryo

Post by WeHadATime » Dec 3rd 2002, 1:54 am

Jordan: "Why are you like that?"
Angela: "Like what?"
Jordan: "Like, the way you are."
Rayanne: "Angela, tell them. Didn't we have a time?"
Angela: "Yeah, we did. We had a time."

-Pilot episode, My So-Called Life

arosesgirl
Frozen Embryo

Post by arosesgirl » Dec 8th 2002, 3:42 am

hey, i am new here and I thought this was really cool, because i love quotes and MSCL here is one of my fave...

"The thing is... people always expect you to be the same way. Like, you're a rock, or something. Except... even rocks, like - erode..."
"Except...even rocks, like - erode..."

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 8th 2002, 4:29 am

Katy I LOVE that quote..."No one should hate...who they are."

Breaks my heart everytime :cry:

Also like "...Boys are less afraid...of being wrong." I think it's in Self Esteem, when she's (Angela) talking about how boys always shout out the answers...even if they're wrong.

Gotta say this is one of the best threads I've run into since I've started coming to this whole forum. Thanks man! :cry: I KNEW there was a reason we all fought so hard for those dvds. I just got through reading ALL of your chosen quotes and I may have to start watching my set again :D I was taking a break, so as to savor...

Anyway, this is great and just made my night.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

MarsJunkie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by MarsJunkie » Nov 1st 2003, 12:04 am

Three of my favorite quotes:

Pilot:
Rayanne: So you wanna have sex with him?
Angela: Who?
Rayanne: Who? Jordan.....Catalano? Come on, I'm not gonna tell anyone, just admit it.
Angela: I just how he's always leaning......against stuff......he leans great. Well, either sex or a conversation, ideally both.

Dancing In The Dark:
Angela: So how did he act? Did he act bored or......
Rayanne: He flopped on the floor uncontrollably, okay? Rickie had to hold down his tounge...
Rickie... And I wasn't even there!

On The Wagon:
Rayanne: I'm squeaky clean like a rubber ducky.
"He flopped on the floor uncontrollably, okay? Rickie had to hold down his tounge..."
"...And I wasn't even there!"

xixamxkriztenx
Frozen Embryo

Post by xixamxkriztenx » Jan 9th 2004, 2:23 pm

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this one, it's my absolute favorite, because I know exactly what she means, & how she feels.

Angela: "See there's thinking about him, right? Which is what I do, all the time, like, like this..."
Rickie: "Obsession."
Rayanne: "Right, so?"
Angela: "So, ... it keeps me going or something, like, I need it just to get through the day, it's, it's just..."
Rickie: "It's an obsession."
Angela: "Right, an, and if you make it real, it's, it's not the same, it's not, it's not yours anymore. I, I don't know, maybe I'd rather have the fantasy than even him."

I also love the rest of the comnversation (Rayanne: You want Jordan Catalano...), but that's my favortie part.

Another thing I liked was how they said everyone's full name so often, especially Jordan's, heh, it sounds weird to me whenever I hear the name Jordan without Catalano after it.
.xkriztenx.

"School is a battlefield ... for your heart."

"Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

"I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."

"All I care about in this stupid life is me, and my drums, and you."

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 28th 2004, 11:32 pm

KrokRos wrote:"Thanks for leaving me with a whole heart to clean up."

/Brian in episode 2.

To Angela about the lab-lesson she snuck out of.
it's funny, but I never noticed this quote until the new quote banner on the forum. with it isolated like that, I finally looked at it's meaning beyond the literal. ah, what insight into Brian, and at such an early stage of the show.