UK Fans

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
addy
Nicky Driscoll

UK Fans

Post by addy » Dec 24th 2000, 11:34 am

Is there any UK based MSCL out there?

Red
Frozen Embryo

Re: UK Fans

Post by Red » Mar 28th 2001, 2:19 pm

I am!!!!!! And it's so unfair, we miss out on so much MSCL stuff :(

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jan 14th 2002, 6:48 pm

I totally agree - lifers in the US get so much more info and merchandise than we ever do over here on the island! - didn't they even get the characters talking at the end of episodes - like "make sure you watch the next episode..." and things like that etc? We never got ANY of that!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 15th 2002, 1:47 pm

Joanna,
As far as characters doing voiceovers over the end credits, I believe those only occured when the series originally aired on ABC in 1994/95. I may be wrong but I don't think they were over the end credits; but squeezed in between network commercials. I never saw MSCL on ABC. I have taped copies from when they ran on MTV in 1995 and I also remember watching them on MTV in winter 1998. Neither time did they run voiceovers at the end credits from cast members. There were voiceovers but they were from veejays on MTV promoting what was on MTV after the show. I think all the cast voiceovers included the phrase, "ABC's My So Called Life" and MTV didn't want to plug the "ABC" part. Is it just me or does anyone else enjoy watching the end credits, the Bedford Fall's theme and the ABC fade at the end of every episode? I love that.

k-man

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jan 15th 2002, 6:29 pm

I love the end credits!!!!! and always sing along to the dance by the light of the moon part!!! I have the original on tape from the film 'It's a Wondeful Life' made by who else? - the Bedford Falls company! K-Man, I take it you are in the US? Well over here we were never told what the episodes were called (as far as I know!)....in the US were the episodes given titles at the beginning of each episode?? I didn't even know they had names until I came across all of these MSCL websites!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 16th 2002, 9:41 am

Yes, I am in St. Louis, Missouri- USA. To answer your question, I have never seen any titles anywhere on the show. Beginning or ending. Not sure where/if those were listed.

k-man

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » Jan 16th 2002, 2:07 pm

The Bedford Falls company did not make "It's A Wonderful Life", however the film takes place in a town called Bedford Falls. It was made by a company called Liberty Films, and as everyone knows, Angela and friends go to Liberty High (even though the back of the two boxed sets mistakenly refer to the school as Lincoln High).

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jan 16th 2002, 6:25 pm

Yeah - that's what I meant :0) I have the film of 'It's a Wonderful Life' and the cd and I think I just got a bit carried away lol!