MSCL and the Jerry Maguire DVD

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 24th 2002, 9:46 am

I haven't seen the series in four years! I am dying to get the DVD and watch it! (*Calm down, Megs, calm down*) :shock:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

richard
Liberty High Student

Post by richard » Nov 22nd 2002, 11:09 pm

I noticed something else MSCL related on the Jerry Maguire DVD today, the supervising sound editor on the film is a certain Mike Wilhoit, who is Lisa Wilhoits Father. Odd eh?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 23rd 2002, 7:19 pm

It's who you know...:D

And I mean that in a good way - networking man.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 27th 2002, 3:13 pm

richard wrote:I noticed something else MSCL related on the Jerry Maguire DVD today, the supervising sound editor on the film is a certain Mike Wilhoit, who is Lisa Wilhoits Father. Odd eh?
Speaking of who you know, Josh Gummersall (Devon's brother) began as the key set production assistant on MSCL and was later an assistant to Jason Katims for Relativity. Since then he has been an assistant to Marshall Herskovitz on projects such as Dangerous Beauty, Once and Again, Traffic, and I Am Sam.

likelife
Liberty High Student

jm and mscl

Post by likelife » Nov 29th 2002, 1:09 pm

hmm -
all this talk about crowe and his adoration for mscl is really interesting. i had no idea. i will have to watch that movie again... because the first time i saw it i hated it. i think i have a deep-seated and irrational hatred for tom cruise. he's so the opposite of everything i love in mscl. maybe that;s the reason.
anyways, i DO like some of cc's movies, so i'll give it another go.

speaking of being influenced by the show, i'd say that most of us obsessed with the show have a different way of speaking than we would if we'd never seen it. imho

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 29th 2002, 1:37 pm

Another small JM/MSCL trivia item:

The actress who plays JM's secretary Wendy, Nada Despotovich, played Angela's english teacher in the first episode of MSCL.

I have screenshots of Winnie Holzman and Nada Despotovich in JM on my old MSCL screenshot site, which is still not deleted by geocities :-)

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity ... index.html