Jordan Catalano

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Jordan Catalano

Post by glitter_punk » Nov 27th 2002, 4:14 am

I was watching the DVD's with my friend tonight, and she noticed that whenever Jordan is mentioned or referenced, they say his full name, they always say, "Oh, I thought about Jordan Catalano.. There's Jordan Catalano" ... they always say his last name, which I thought to be a pretty interesting observation by my friend because although Rayanne and Rickie always know WHICH Jordan Angela is talking about she'll say, "I am totally over Jordan Catalano," and say Catalano all the time...
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 27th 2002, 4:20 am

They do the same thing with Brian - they tend to refer to him using his full name, even Angela who has been friends with him since they were little kids.
Angela : Well, Brian Krakow happens to be waiting in my living room and I don't know what you're doing with him...
Sharon : Nothing! Nothing! We're just, we're just, friends. Ugh!
Angela : Yeah, when Kyle's not around, you've been like using him..
Sharon : You are lecturing me?! About using Brian Krakow when he is, like, so obviously in love with you and you like totally use him!
Angela : Brian Krakow is not in love with me!
Sharon : That's not what Rayanne Graff says..
Notice that Sharon also uses Rayanne's last name, despite the fact that there is probably only one Rayanne in the entire school.

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Sharon

Post by glitter_punk » Nov 27th 2002, 4:34 am

The other thing I just thought of... when Rickie, rayanne, and Angela are talking about the World Happiness dance they say, "it sounds like Sharon's idea... definitely sharon" which is weird if they use people's last names all the time... maybe it's like, a popularity thing, because Sharon usually just said Kyle's first name...
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.