I BRIEFLY SPOKE WITH ROSS ABOUT CANADIAN ORDERS

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

I BRIEFLY SPOKE WITH ROSS ABOUT CANADIAN ORDERS

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 25th 2002, 7:57 pm

They shipped using UPS expedite ( which costs around 40$ US !!! ).

This service includes the 35$ can brokerage fee we would have paid had AU decided to save on shipping, but we aren't going to pay it.

We might need to pay GST thought.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 25th 2002, 8:25 pm

And yet those who ordered from Amazon.ca already have their discs...

mdesjard
Frozen Embryo

Post by mdesjard » Nov 25th 2002, 9:11 pm

did anybody in canada get a tracking number yet?

I ordered in february and I'm in montreal and still now word from AU...

fluxit
Tino

Canada, Schmanada.

Post by fluxit » Nov 25th 2002, 9:16 pm

I'm located in the U.S. I preordered in Feb. Like many others I have been double-charged and not refunded.
The last time I heard anything from AU was the updated 'release date' mass email. Over the last four months I was personally lied to twice by Ross and three times by Wade.
Apparently AU has decided that I don't deserve even the disks I paid for twice, as I have received no shipping notification or tracking number :evil:
I'm glad for those who received their orders and am not jealose(though initially I was.)
Today was the LAST day AU had to send my order to partially placate me.
The only reason I waited this long is because I am a ridiculously forgiving person who felt a small degree of thankfullness(which took a long time to die out completely. Mostly due to my love for MSCL) to AU for contributing to the completion of the product.
Tomorrow I will be giving the COMICS number one last call to threaten whomever I can reach(if anyone.) I will then be reporting AU, Ross Rojek and Wade to all athorities local, state and federal. If I ever meet Ross, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep from breaking his nose, but I'll try to just sucker punch him. Hopefully Ross and any other duplicitous thieves connected to AU spend time in prison for this blatant theft.

Sorry for venting in an 'inappropriate' thread, and thank you for reading my ramblings.

--Lee

november
Tino

Post by november » Nov 25th 2002, 11:33 pm

i'm in canada and i got a tracking number. from reading other posts, other canadians have aswell.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Nov 25th 2002, 11:40 pm

I'm confused....IF the dvds show up at my door, what exactly do I have to pay?

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 25th 2002, 11:42 pm

I got a tracking number on Friday, and as of a couple of hours ago, my discs are now "in transit." :D

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 25th 2002, 11:46 pm

hollis27 wrote:I'm confused....IF the dvds show up at my door, what exactly do I have to pay?
Based on what MartinPierre is saying, I would assume that all we'll have to pay is the GST, plus whatever sales tax is applicable in your province. But I won't know for sure until the UPS truck pulls up in front of my door.

Jim

mdesjard
Frozen Embryo

Post by mdesjard » Nov 26th 2002, 3:22 am

ok, so some people in canada got tracking number yet.

so I'll ask a different question, did anybody in canada not receive their tracking number yet?

is there orders left to be shipped by AU? or are they all suppose to be on their way already?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Nov 26th 2002, 1:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I live in Canada and got my tracking number on Friday night (Nov 22). I checked today and found that the DVD's are about a half hour away from me at their depot, and are being delivered today with a $23.68 charge (CDN$) attached, I assume for customs. That was fast, I thought, from what I've heard on this board.

I had to phone UPS because I've moved since I ordered the DVD's and they seemed capable of and happy to change my address for me when I provided the tracking number, even without a delivery attempt, which I had read on their site. She did tell me that it would take 24-48 hours to process the address change though. I hope whoever moved into my place doesn't want to pay the cash though and so will refuse to take the package. I was thinking about heading over there and trying to meet the truck, they usually deliver at the same time here in our town.

Still no word on my refund on my double charge from August. Phoned Visa once, and AU twice (twice when I actually spoke to someone) about it and keep being told it will be taken care of. Many, many emails have been sent about this as well, with no response.

Wish me luck.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Nov 26th 2002, 1:53 pm

I haven't recieved a tracking number. I've emailed AU numerous times - nothing. I'm also wondering if they've all been shipped.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 26th 2002, 2:26 pm

countess_of_wit wrote:I live in Canada and got my tracking number on Friday night (Nov 22). I checked today and found that the DVD's are about a half hour away from me at their depot, and are being delivered today with a $23.68 charge (CDN$) attached, I assume for customs. That was fast, I thought, from what I've heard on this board.
Which province are you in?

$23.68 sounds about right for Ontario. If the value for customs is $100 US, that's about $160 Cdn. GST @7% + Ontario provincial sales tax @ 8% would be about $24.00. So I guess we don't have to pay any brokerage fees.

I just checked my status with UPS. They tried to deliver my discs this morning, but there was no one home. I knew I should have called in sick today... :?

Jim

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Nov 26th 2002, 2:57 pm

I'm in Ontario.

I ran into the UPS truck today. I live in a small town so it wasn't hard to spot her. Anyway, she didn't have them on the truck today, but said maybe tomorrow. I gave her my tracking number and my new address and told her I had called and changed my address with UPS Canada, and she said she would keep an eye out for them and bring them to my new address for me.

Some people have said UPS has not been very helpful with address changes but I found everyone extremely helpful so far.... I don't have the DVD's in my hands yet.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 26th 2002, 3:02 pm

I don't even have a tracking number yet !!!

Odd isn't it !

I spoke with Ross several times, and I still don't have a tracking number...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 26th 2002, 3:24 pm

I thought that you, of all people, would have received a tracking number. However, when you do get a tracking number, I don't think it will warrant a new thread. ;-) Just busting on you. I know what you are going through.

It sucks to be the messenger when you don't even trust that the message is true.
MartinPierre wrote:I don't even have a tracking number yet !!!

Odd isn't it !

I spoke with Ross several times, and I still don't have a tracking number...