MSCL DVD Slipcase...

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
killjoykg
Tino

MSCL DVD Slipcase...

Post by killjoykg » Nov 20th 2002, 6:01 pm

So I have been reading the boards constantly since I found out how I was being ripped off..achem...overcharged by AU to see if anything could be done to fix the situation and after seeing some of the pictures by the people receiving the sets I realized something. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the slipcases (or at least for those getting a bonus disk...yeah right) suppose to leave room for the extra disk so that it could be part of the set? I don't want to start an angry topic but I am wondering if this is yet another hint that those expecting bonus disks shouldn't hold their breath?

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: MSCL DVD Slipcase...

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 20th 2002, 6:06 pm

killjoykg wrote:So I have been reading the boards constantly since I found out how I was being ripped off..achem...overcharged by AU to see if anything could be done to fix the situation and after seeing some of the pictures by the people receiving the sets I realized something. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the slipcases (or at least for those getting a bonus disk...yeah right) suppose to leave room for the extra disk so that it could be part of the set? I don't want to start an angry topic but I am wondering if this is yet another hint that those expecting bonus disks shouldn't hold their breath?
Yeah, I was thinking about that last night.. the extra space for the bonus disc. Maybe BMG couldn't do it or didn't want to do it seeing as they were going to be distributed by another company then they'd have to make 2 different things and it would be hard to package them. The slipcase sorry to say seems "flimsy" enough, shipping & packing with an empty slot would probably cause a lot of damage to the slipcases. So.. . I don't know.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 20th 2002, 6:06 pm

Would be a waste of money for BMG to produce another case just for the AU orders. Same way the dvds are all individually shrink wrapped to make the 4-19 sets as easy as pulling out Disc 1.

Of course it will suck for us if/when we get the bonus disk, but i will most likely just make a new slipcase for the set anyway when i get time. It looks like ass as it is now.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

ick

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 22nd 2002, 1:55 am

hmmm. u could be on to something... :(

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Nov 22nd 2002, 8:19 am

killjoykg wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the slipcases (or at least for those getting a bonus disk...yeah right) suppose to leave room for the extra disk so that it could be part of the set?
If the bonus disc actually ships, just buy yourself a double-amaray to replace the first case in the set (same size, but holds 2 discs).

Of course AU could provide one, together with a new cover to indicate the presence of the bonus disc, but that's just dreaming...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 23rd 2002, 10:53 am

I wouldn't count on the bonus disc artwork matching the set. in fact, i wouldn't count on the bonus disc having any logos of the show on it or anything as those would require clearances.

you'd probably be better off designing your own cover. and an amaray can be had pretty inexpensively.

assuming they ever finish the bonus disc, that is.
higgy wrote:
killjoykg wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but weren't the slipcases (or at least for those getting a bonus disk...yeah right) suppose to leave room for the extra disk so that it could be part of the set?
If the bonus disc actually ships, just buy yourself a double-amaray to replace the first case in the set (same size, but holds 2 discs).

Of course AU could provide one, together with a new cover to indicate the presence of the bonus disc, but that's just dreaming...

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 24th 2002, 1:32 am

I'm guessing the bonus disc comes in an envelope, or a CD case. No art at all.

Oops, I prolly just gave them an idea to save them 30 cents an order.

db

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 24th 2002, 1:49 am

maybe they will just stick address labels and stamps on the DVDs themselves.
DoubleBilled wrote:I'm guessing the bonus disc comes in an envelope, or a CD case. No art at all.

Oops, I prolly just gave them an idea to save them 30 cents an order.

db

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Nov 25th 2002, 4:06 am

actually, i think they said they would leave room in the lunch box for the bonus disk since the Lunch bobx is supossed to e the
"carrying case for the dvd set." I could be dead wrong but I think that is what I heard.