TVGuide Article, CDDA Logo on DVD's, Picture Qual....

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 22nd 2002, 10:11 pm

Paint it black wrote:well i would insult you about the whole waiting till the end of the credits things, seeing as who cares who the best boy, or worst boy was,
Well, thats just lame, those are the people who made that movie so you could go see it. Plus you're missing parts of many movies that are out there. Many movies today stick a clip at the end (and most of the time they're hilarious or really good) but you wouldn't realize that, having left right as the picture faded to black...

I could probably name 50 movies that play something after the credits...and man, if you didn't stay to the end of Star Wars Episode I, you missed something really cool.

I could get up and stand in line while people shuffle their way out the door, or I could stay in the seat, and watch some more movie.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 23rd 2002, 8:35 am

Totally agree, no offence was intended, not only am I ungrateful to all the hard work thats gone into to making the film, but it also turns out that I'm actully missing part of the film. I think its actually more of a sickness than anything, a strange compulsion to jump up then slowly shuffle out, to be jostled and jogged by all the other people who like me have some urge to get out of the cinema as quick as possible. But now I've seen the light, i will reform, I'll stay to the bitter end, even if that means getting evil looks from the cleaning staff. For ever sir im in your debt.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 23rd 2002, 2:44 pm

Jessica Popsicles wrote:I also watch the intro before each episode, can't explain why but it seems better if you do.

Another thing, does anyone else feel that the little thing at the end of the episodes for the Bedford Falls Co. with the little house and "and dance by the light of the moon"(?) makes the show end on an even more creepy note?

Not that the show is creepy but when it ends it just leaves you feeling a certain way and that thing seems to add to it.

Uhm OK, I'm all done now.
Hey all,

Hope life is treating you well. I am still waiting for Amazon at this point. No I am not creeped out by this jingle, I am actually comforted in an odd way. I do remember hearing this quote, "and dance by the light of the moon" and wondering where have I heard this before. Took me a while but finally realized this is one of the lines from It's a Wonderful Life.

If you remember the leads in that movie are are on their way back from the high school dance and they are singing a song called, "Buffalo Girls", I think. Maybe this is where the MSCL people who made the show got it from?

Lance Man :D

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 23rd 2002, 3:01 pm

lance wrote: I do remember hearing this quote, "and dance by the light of the moon" and wondering where have I heard this before. Took me a while but finally realized this is one of the lines from It's a Wonderful Life.

If you remember the leads in that movie are are on their way back from the high school dance and they are singing a song called, "Buffalo Girls", I think. Maybe this is where the MSCL people who made the show got it from?
Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick are known as being huge Frank Capra Fans (writer and director of "It's a wonderful life"). They named their production company after the town in "It's a wonderful life" - Bedford Falls. So every reference to Frank Capra productions in their movies and tv series is probably intentional.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 23rd 2002, 7:46 pm

Paint it black wrote:well i would insult you about the whole waiting till the end of the credits things, seeing as who cares who the best boy, or worst boy was, however that picture of spike (at least i hope its spike or egg all over my face) is so damned cool.
My watching the credits is two-fold: first, I used to do theater work so I know that every title on that screen represents a lot of work. Accordingly, I like to watch the credits kind of out of respect for EVERYONE (not just the actors) who worked on the movie. Sometimes we recognize someone's name too, which is cool. If nothing else, you can look for weird names to amuse yourself which brings me to reason #2: I hate doing the post-movie shuffle. I'm going to get to my car around the same time whether I get squashed by a bunch of people or if I wait until everyone is gone and just walk out at a normal pace, unimpeded by a crowd.

Spike rules!

:D

scant
Tino

Post by scant » Dec 1st 2002, 4:05 am

I started this thread and I must say WoW. I'm so glad it made it to two pages(even if some of the posts were O/T).

I've been away, so sorry for not responding sooner(watching MSCL habitually & school).

Although, I must watch the intro, I do not always watch the outro. Sometimes I do, just to hear the music, however, if I do get that far, I do let it play till the very end and hear the Bedford Falls theme. =)

I dunno if this has been discussed before or if this kind of outro is on any other T.V. DVD's. But on the original's, there was the ABC outro after the Bedford Falls outro. Does anyone remember this? I have my MSCL MTV tapes - that is how I remember. I was wundoring(mispelled on purpose) why this is out?

<OT>
Next, I haven't checked my 2nd ever thread, but I noticed someone was talking about actually creating a DVD Booklet. YeY! Just make it un-official and just do it. It will spread and it will be great. Whoever eventually does it, I'm sure will get lotsa praise. Just remember, don't get to detaily with the descriptions and use the MSCL font sparingly. Also, make it small enough(size and # of pages) to flip though and scan.

All in all, eventhough the quality sucks, I'm pretty positive this won't get released again, and I am so glad to have o.k. copies, since my tapes were somewhat damaged and everyone knows 2nd generation copies are horrid.

And, I got mine from AU, sorry. Now I'm just waiting for the Lunchbox and the MTR footage(I can't freakin wait for this) - I just hope it is on the bonus disc like stated.

Thanks for replying, it really has made my day that all of you cared and were freaky enough to admit it. =)

Cheers,
scant