[Claire Danes] Flora Plum is back on track

Discuss former or new projects of Claire Danes ("Angela Chase") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 21st 2002, 10:25 am

Harold Wexler posted the good news already this morning on the Planet Claire list, here is the article from the "Hollywood Reporter":

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hollyw ... id=1766669
Trio of stars set for 'Plum' roles in Foster feature
Nov. 21, 2002

After being shelved two years ago, the Jodie Foster-helmed "Flora Plum" is coming back to life, with Ewan McGregor taking on the role that was once to be played by Russell Crowe. Additionally, Meryl Streep has committed to appear in the circus-set film, while Claire Danes, who was originally attached to star in the project, is back to take on the title role, sources confirmed. Production will begin in either fall 2003 or January 2004 with original producers Barry Mendel and Meg LeFauve of Foster's Egg Pictures back on board and currently in the process of packaging the project and finding a home for it as either an independent feature or a studio project. (Zorianna Kit)
Wow, Claire in the leading role of a movie starring McGregor and Meryl Streep! Did someone say "Oscar nominations"? ;-)

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Nov 21st 2002, 4:11 pm

The best news in this article is that Russell Crowe no longer has the part - he's such a WANKER!!!!!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 21st 2002, 4:23 pm

I don't find him attractive either so I really didn't get the whole "Meg Ryan leaving Dennis Quaid for Russell Crowe" thing.

I thought maybe I had that unattractive character from the Insider stuck as my mental picture of RC and hey, some actors are willing to do anything for a role and I can respect that.

I know girls who were getting all worked up about Russell Crowe in Gladiator, but when I saw the movie I thought ehhhhh. WTF? He's just a normal looking guy who I would pass on the street without noticing. Unless he was wearing one of those gladiator outfits. But then only because of the sandals.

Did you ever notice that a lot of leading men are actually pretty average looking? Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, John Cusack, Heath Ledger, even Leonardo DiCaprio? I'm not saying they are unattractive, but that they aren't omigawd hot either. If you take disregard their careers and personal lives and just look at them objectively, they are normal looking guys. The key is good hair - they all have hair that at one point or another you could imagine running your fingers through.

Sorry for the drift - I am glad that Flora Plum is back on track (like the Breakfast Club song...oops there I go again with the drift!).

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Nov 22nd 2002, 11:35 am

This definitely sounds like a project that will gain Claire even more exposure than before. And hopefully it will be the one that will make others stand up and take notice of what we've known since the first moment we saw her in the pilot for MSCL. She's got that something that translates so well on the small screen as well as the big screen.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

sine
Three Rivers Resident

running fingers through hair

Post by sine » Nov 22nd 2002, 1:35 pm

Thanks for posting the FP news , sab! Great news, I must say!
candygirl wrote:The key is good hair - they all have hair that at one point or another you could imagine running your fingers through.
:?: :!:

Please, please, do explain what's so wonderful in running fingers through someone's hair? The way I see it, doing that all you'll get is a bunch of greasy fingers -- at best. :roll:

:wink:
G: it's a problem, when everybody is spitting in the same spittoon (I mean cuspidor). are you following my drift?
D: barely, but let's pretend that I am

-- New Planet, Milwaukee Youth Center Choir

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: running fingers through hair

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 22nd 2002, 3:02 pm

sine wrote:Please, please, do explain what's so wonderful in running fingers through someone's hair? The way I see it, doing that all you'll get is a bunch of greasy fingers -- at best. :roll:

:wink:
Sorry, greasy hair doesn't qualify - it must be soft and clean. What kind of greasy boys have you been putting your fingers near? :wink:

P.S. The less hair products the better - au naturel :shock:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 8th 2004, 4:41 am

Finally - an update (from the LA Daily News):
PERSISTENCE PAYS: Four years after the plug got pulled on Jodie Foster's "Flora Plum" directorial project - due to the shoulder injury of then-male lead Russell Crowe - the film's production finally got under way last week. Claire Danes, Ewan McGregor and Meryl Streep star in the 1930s period drama with the circus background.

Meanwhile, Foster shows her single-mindedness tonight on the Biography Channel's new "Famous" series as she talks about her relentless interest in movies. "I've spent so many years going to the movies - six times a week," she says. "That's what I've done from the time I was 5 years old. I ate dinner in movie theaters. That seems to be my No. 1 preoccupation."
http://u.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,2 ... 82,00.html