REGION FREE OR NOT ?

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
bdolanuk
Frozen Embryo

REGION FREE OR NOT ?

Post by bdolanuk » Nov 21st 2002, 6:34 pm

I have just joined the website and was wondering if the MSCL DVD Box Set is in fact region free. I called Ventura Distribution who couldnt actually tell me, so can any of you assist and enlighten me please ?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 21st 2002, 6:44 pm

This question, as well as many other questions you may have about the DVD set, are answered in the DVD FAQ which is stickied in this forum's index.

Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Greybird » Nov 22nd 2002, 11:29 am

The DVD FAQ is a mess of verbiage compiled over months and largely undistilled, ending up not really serving the purpose of an effective FAQ.

Is it that difficult, amiga, to answer the question with five accurate words? ... Those being: "Yes, it is Region Zero." (And some vendors are misreporting this, including Amazon.com.)
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 22nd 2002, 11:44 am

ahhh the classic old versus new debate...

i think the faq is pretty good. even if it is long, i was able to answer the region question in 3 seconds by using edit/find on this page: "region"

the biggest problem right now is that there are about 12 things stickied at the top of the page.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 22nd 2002, 11:46 am

which items should i unsticky?
pgh_kenny wrote:ahhh the classic old versus new debate...

i think the faq is pretty good. even if it is long, i was able to answer the region question in 3 seconds by using edit/find on this page: "region"

the biggest problem right now is that there are about 12 things stickied at the top of the page.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 22nd 2002, 12:51 pm

MSCL DVD Newsletter Oct 19
Current Status
Login Required - Mention in FAQ
Amazon 10% off share the love

i guess there weren't as many candidates for demotion as I thought

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 22nd 2002, 3:17 pm

Greybird wrote:The DVD FAQ is a mess of verbiage compiled over months and largely undistilled, ending up not really serving the purpose of an effective FAQ.

Is it that difficult, amiga, to answer the question with five accurate words? ... Those being: "Yes, it is Region Zero." (And some vendors are misreporting this, including Amazon.com.)
Seeing as bdolanuk is a new member, I thought it would be helpful for him to read get as much official (and pertinent) information about the boxset since he obviously seems interested in purchasing a set.

The information has been compiled as the AU saga continues, but Sascha did a great summary update last month which is the new version that is now stickied at the top of the DVD forum index. It answers a lot of questions that new members seem to have, hence why it is stickied. In that sense, I believe it is still effective and a good source of information.

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 22nd 2002, 10:24 pm

ok in short, without having to trawl through that whole big huge FAQ thang, the DVD is region 0, don't buy it from AU, they suck a whole load of C**ks, buy it from either DeepDiscountDVD.com which is cheap or Amazon.com, which is probably a tad more reliable. Also you should probably have read the whole thing that said read this before posting in big letters at the top of the page?

Ps I still think that the picture of spike rocks, especially as i have just watched the episode in which Giles comes back to sunnydale - not that british TV is behind at all!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 23rd 2002, 7:31 pm

Mmm, the Spikey goodness! Have you been reading up on all the new episodes or have you stayed spoiler free (not possible for me to do that!)?

Look on the bright side - you get to buy the DVDs a lot sooner than we do! S3 is being released in January and Angel S1 is being released in February. *sigh*

Georgia
Tino

Post by Georgia » Nov 23rd 2002, 10:08 pm

don't buy it from AU, they suck a whole load of C**ks
hee hee.

This should be the AU theme song:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/To ... plang.html