Post in this thread if you got your DVDs and want to share.

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
gooniegirl
Frozen Embryo

Post by gooniegirl » Nov 18th 2002, 8:08 pm

I haven't watched Other People's Mothers yet, but I'm watching Resolutions right now and it's sounding really echo-y.

I don't even care, I'm just glad to have them..

mel_3
Frozen Embryo

Lucky ducks.

Post by mel_3 » Nov 18th 2002, 9:41 pm

I just want to tell ya'll how lucky you are to have recieved the DVD set. I still have not recieved mine nor have I heard from them (AU) since the email I recieved on October 28th. Enjoy it. And if I'm reading everything right, AU has not nor plans on sending all the "extra stuff" they promised us, any time soon. May I suggest that all of us, whether we've recieved the set or not, keep bugging them endlessly till they respond by giving ALL they've promised. MSCL fans fought to get the the DVDs made. It's a shame the fight's not over. But if we stick together maybe by next summer we'll get the rest of it. :wink:

oppsie
Tino

Post by oppsie » Nov 20th 2002, 3:51 pm

my (second) set arrived today from amazon. i ordered there as a backup to au a few weeks ago and never got around to cancelling it. oops. i'm sure i can find some use for it.. :)

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Nov 20th 2002, 4:55 pm

got'em a week ago, and i just started disc 3 right now

loving it, and reliving it -- it's so weird how i remember shows i haven't seen in 8 years (i never caught it on MTV)

peace :)

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Lucky ducks.

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 20th 2002, 5:05 pm

mel_3 wrote:I just want to tell ya'll how lucky you are to have recieved the DVD set. I still have not recieved mine nor have I heard from them (AU) since the email I recieved on October 28th. Enjoy it. And if I'm reading everything right, AU has not nor plans on sending all the "extra stuff" they promised us, any time soon. May I suggest that all of us, whether we've recieved the set or not, keep bugging them endlessly till they respond by giving ALL they've promised. MSCL fans fought to get the the DVDs made. It's a shame the fight's not over. But if we stick together maybe by next summer we'll get the rest of it. :wink:
I count my lucky stars every day! I couldn't believe how fast I got it (I got mine on November 12th) considering I thought it would be delayed again. I just cannot fathom why people are not getting their shipments. My guess is that they don't have the money to pay to ship all the units for those who were to get theirs shipped free.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 21st 2002, 12:28 pm

mine came today. this would be the one day i have plans all the way until bedtime. call me crazy, i like the packaging. too bad there isn't an insert though.

i am going to watch life of brian first.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 21st 2002, 2:04 pm

I have been steadily watching them, and just finished disk 4. I had to re-watch a few of my favorite scenes, like the "How you are" scene in Life of Brian, the reading of the Shakespeare sonnet, the end of The Zit, the last scene of Self Esteem, where that song is playing and Jordan comes down the hall and takes Angela's hand, and the scene where Brian and Angela are on the stairs talking about sex, and Graham is eavesdropping on the couch... So many great scenes!

Wow. Just... wow. Love it all.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

modo
Nicky Driscoll

i got 'em

Post by modo » Nov 21st 2002, 6:17 pm

I got 'em. I selected SuperSaver shipping or whatever and got 'em in one day!

Yay! Boston area got it....through Amazon

jenrose
Tino

i finally got mine

Post by jenrose » Nov 21st 2002, 8:54 pm

i finally got my set today (from amazon, still waiting for my au refund). i had a long horrible day at school full of accounting and statistics classes... i finally got home around five and my boyfriend left them waiting for me on the couch!! i have a free day starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow and i'm gonna spend all of it watching my so-called life :)

Animeg
Tino

Early Shipment!!!

Post by Animeg » Nov 22nd 2002, 5:21 pm

I thought I'd be getting my DVDs on the 25th, or god forbid, the 29th, but lo and behold, they are here today! woooo

rockfacade
Frozen Embryo

Post by rockfacade » Nov 23rd 2002, 12:38 am

I got mine today! i had them shipped to my dad's office sice no one is home during the day, and when he got home, he handed me a package. i almost peeed in my pants...the sucky thing is, i don't have a dvd player...

humanbtbox
Tino

Post by humanbtbox » Nov 25th 2002, 10:15 pm

I got mine yesterday. Went to Best Buy and got to take them with me when I left for the low low price of 67.99. And worth every freakin penny. I'm watching elf Esteem right now. My fav episode. *sigh* I couldn't be happier right now!!!
In dreams begin responsibilities.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 26th 2002, 6:42 am

Got them got them!

Tecnically they arrived yesterday but I couldn't get them as I was at work. Picked them up PERSONALLY from the post office today - in the UK, so had to pay a customs charge but who cares?

There were times during the last year or so that I truly thought I would never see them. It is a BIG relief!

Now I can get on AU's ass knowing that I actually have a copy of the DVDs from another source.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Michele
Tino

Post by Michele » Nov 27th 2002, 10:33 am

FINALLY I have them in my possession!! My long awaited package arrived yesterday at my parents address and I had a friend pick them up and bring them to me at work. I only got to watch the first episode last night, but I'm looking forward to a MSCL marathon over the Thanksgiving break!! :P
I can finally relax and sort of put this whole nightmare behind me. As far as the bonus disc and lunchbox are concerned, I can be patient about that. All I ever really wanted was the discs anyway. I went through a lot of stress already, I'm not about to go through it again for the disc and the lunchbox. When (or IF) they come, they come. Whatever.

cm
Tino

Post by cm » Nov 30th 2002, 10:27 am

I'VE GOT MINE!!!!

Been driving workmates round the bend the last few days waiting for the Amazon order sent on the 19th.

However get this - the AU order left CA on Monday and arrived in Scotland on Wednesday, in my hands on Thursday. Too late to cancel my backup, so I guess I'll end up with a spare.

I tried to watch the pilot in the office but every single time I pressed play the phone rang and ended up getting stopped by police for speeding on the way home, just not thinking about anything other than watching the show.

While still owed the extras by AU, as is everybody else, I am very very happy - the show has lost none of its power and emotional charge.

Sorry about the length of this post, just had to share with people who appreciate the show.