DeepDiscount shipping TODAY!

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
chelm18
Tino

DeepDiscount shipping TODAY!

Post by chelm18 » Nov 21st 2002, 10:52 am

I just got off the phone with customer service at DDD, and she told me that my order was set to ship TODAY!!! Just wanted to share with anyone ordering from them as previously they had said it wouldn't be shipped until the 29th.
The end is in sight!!!!!!!

:D

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 21st 2002, 11:46 am

Finally some good news, ta very much chelm18, maybe I will get the DVDs before christmas after all.

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 21st 2002, 11:54 am

Just checked the order status thingy, still says backorder? Is this just DDVD being slow to update, or will the shipping date e different for international orders??? I doubt anyone has any answers, just getting a little jumpy/paranoid with the whole end in sight thing - touch wood, four leaf clover, horse shoe, rabbit foot, black cats, no ladders, step on a crack - type thing.

IAmMeIAm
Frozen Embryo

Post by IAmMeIAm » Nov 21st 2002, 12:50 pm

Paint it black wrote:Just checked the order status thingy, still says backorder? Is this just DDVD being slow to update, or will the shipping date e different for international orders??? I doubt anyone has any answers, just getting a little jumpy/paranoid with the whole end in sight thing - touch wood, four leaf clover, horse shoe, rabbit foot, black cats, no ladders, step on a crack - type thing.
This is my first order with DDD in a while, but IIRC they only do an order status/website update once a day, usually at night (which is why there's a lag between placing an order and receiving the order confirmation number--they don't send them until the site's been updated with the order info).

So, if the sets go out today (Pleasepleaseplease, I'm moving next week), people might not get notification until tonight.

Eliott
Tino

Post by Eliott » Nov 21st 2002, 2:32 pm

I called DDD today and they did confirm that the DVD is shipping today, however, they also said that the expected delivery date would be December 3rd. If you chose faster shipping, you can probably expect it faster.

IAmMeIAm
Frozen Embryo

Post by IAmMeIAm » Nov 21st 2002, 6:45 pm

If you ordered from DDD, keep an eye on your e-mail boxes. I just got my shipping notice.

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

DDD shipping

Post by smackey » Nov 21st 2002, 6:49 pm

I just received the shipping notice too. Hooray! Bring it on... :D

aimee
Frozen Embryo

Post by aimee » Nov 21st 2002, 6:53 pm

Just got my notice too! Thanks for the heads up.

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 21st 2002, 7:39 pm

I got my shipping notification today. Now I'll have the set to watch when I return from Thanksgiving vacation.

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 21st 2002, 7:46 pm

Ohh baby!!! Not to sound reduntant, or to repeat the last couple of posts but I've got my shipping notification!!! Are there any two sweeter words in the english dictionary than shipping notification? Possibly free beer (maybe that should be the heading of a new forum "is there anything in life sweeter than free beer?")? So take that AU, take that Amazon.ca despite of all of you I will soon be receiving my box set!!! I RULE!!

-Disclaimer - I do not actually rule, the good people of MSCL.com rule, plus everyone else who has gone into making theis DVD saga a possibility, Ross, Jason, the list goes on. I'd also like to thank my family for this, :cry: darn i promised myself i won't cry.... this moment is just so damn emotional...... I love you all!!!! -

mrsoul
Tino

Deep Discount DVD

Post by mrsoul » Nov 21st 2002, 8:30 pm

Mine shipped today too!!!! :P

chelm18
Tino

Post by chelm18 » Nov 21st 2002, 9:10 pm

hmm... well although I called and they SAID my order was shipping today, I didn't get my shipping notice!!!! :cry: what the hell?!

Logsama
Tino

Yes! Mine shipped today

Post by Logsama » Nov 21st 2002, 9:44 pm

:D :D :D :D

yeah I was this close to running down to my local Best Buy, and buying a set as a hedge. I feel vindicated that I went with DeepDiscountDVD.com. I wish I had ordered the set seperately though. They shipped Babylon 5 which I ordered at the same time Priorty, but they will ship this set using the Standard shipping., so 5-10 days in the US.

Also they don't have a cancel button on their site. You send them an email to cancel. And their search engine is a bit hmmm difficult. And yeah their order status sometimes is a bit slow to update. I guess it is a pretty plain site, but for these prices it's fine.

Just thought I pass the word along that they have DeepDiscountCD.com as well. It's great if you don't mind waiting 5-10 days to get CDs. Real cheap, no sales tax. You probably think I work for them. But I don't. Honest.

Sameritech
Jody Barsh

Post by Sameritech » Nov 21st 2002, 11:01 pm

I'm a little agitated with DDD shipping as well. I ordered Star Wars at the same time w/priority mail shipping. Star Wars shipped priority, MSCL shipped media. I paid for BOTH items to ship priority, not just one. I think I'll send them an email. Maybe they'll give a discount or free upgraded shipping on a future order.

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

umm....

Post by Lindsay » Nov 22nd 2002, 7:44 pm

Ok, I looked into it, and my box set still says backorder. Not only that, but I haven't received an email (though awhile back there was a slight problem with my email address, but I've since fixed it). Do you guys think it'll most likely be shipped out and received on Dec. 3rd for me too???!!!god I hope so! Then again I only ordered on Nov. 15th....