Jason, have you been to Best Buy lately?

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Cap'n Fool
Nicky Driscoll

Jason, have you been to Best Buy lately?

Post by Cap'n Fool » Nov 21st 2002, 12:22 am

If not, you might want to swing by there when you get a chance - it's a helluva pretty sight.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm due to get mine from Amazon in a day or two, but I did go to Best Buy just to look at them, all lined up on the shelf. Do yourself a favor & go see what you did!

Thanks again for all your time and effort, Jason.

Cap'n Fool

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 21st 2002, 12:43 am

Aww, yeah, it really is a great sight. I was there on Tuesday & it was just cool to see all of the sets there for whatever reason.

Thanks Jason!
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 12:45 am

yeah that's, uh, nice.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Nov 21st 2002, 12:48 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:yeah that's, uh, nice.
My thoughts exactly.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 1:25 am

i have no desire to ever watch the DVDs again.

Cap'n Fool
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Cap'n Fool » Nov 21st 2002, 2:03 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:i have no desire to ever watch the DVDs again.
Sorry if I was a little overzealous. From this end, it was just so nice to see something tangible after all this. I should've realized that the whole thing might look completely different by now, from your point of view.

Cap'n Fool

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 21st 2002, 2:12 am

Hey I was totally f**ked in the a*s just like everyone else who pre-ordered & just everyone that had to deal with AU. To top it all off I'm still waiting for my set from AU, which seems to have just shipped today.

They took my money before I told them they could. They almost gave me a stroke 5 million times, because of all of the stupid crap they pulled & just whatever. To top it all off it wasn't even my card that the set was ordered on, it was my brothers so I didn't have to be worried about anything that might happen for myself, but to save my own a*s incase something happened since it was my brothers. I had to explain things to him 38309 times.

I must've looked like an idiot everytime I told someone that "the set will ship like next week or the week after".

So, I'm sorry if I'm happy to see this set. I was pissed off as any other to see that AU wasn't the exclusive dealer for it or whatever. I'm pissed off that everything happened, but it is so freakin nice to have the set and to know that it was actually made.

I cancelled my order with AU, but to keep from losing my money I un-cancelled it. Like I said, it was ordered on my brother's card and I wouldn't want to try and fix AU's mess if I were him to try and get the money back.

All that ever really mattered was the set. I bought one at Best Buy on Tuesday even though I'm still getting my set from AU, just because I needed to have it. I don't know why, probably afraid that I'd never see my set from AU no matter what they were saying.

I watched all of the episodes between last night and today and... I don't know. I'm sorry that everything happened but the show is still amazing & I'm just glad to finally have it.

So blahblahblah, who cares what I have to say, but it's just upsetting to see Jason like... the way he is now. If you don't want to accept a thank you then I'll thank everyone who pre-ordered(including myself) and had to go through all of AU's crap to help make the set happen.

Those people who haven't got your set yet, I really hope you do soon. I ordered on February 11th & mine finally got sent out today, but I still won't feel right until I actually get it.

---Edit---
I don't know why I wrote all of that, I guess since I replied to the first thing saying seeing the set at Best Buy was neat that I felt like I had to explain why I'm happy to see the set. So just whatever. Everyone can feel how they want to feel obviously, but it's just weird to see that things kind of fell apart somehow.

Anyway, I am done and probably like some other people, I won't be posting here now that my set from AU has finally shipped tonight.
Last edited by Jessica Popsicles on Nov 21st 2002, 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 21st 2002, 2:15 am

Cap'n Fool wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:i have no desire to ever watch the DVDs again.
Sorry if I was a little overzealous. From this end, it was just so nice to see something tangible after all this. I should've realized that the whole thing might look completely different by now, from your point of view.

Cap'n Fool
I don't think you should be sorry. There is nothing wrong with being happy or excited about something that you've waited so long for. :?

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Nov 21st 2002, 3:32 am

I don't think you should be sorry either. In fact, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have contributed any negativity to this thread. I'm just worried that this will wind up making the show les special for me. But we shall see. And to everyone that has them, congrats, and I really hope you're enjoying them. And also, I'm jealous of all of ya! :wink:

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 21st 2002, 9:10 am

Jessica Popsicles wrote: Anyway, I am done and probably like some other people, I won't be posting here now [/size]
You know, I said the same thing too, twice in fact. That was back in October, and I'm still lurking and posting here in late November.

I was kind of taken aback by Jason's apathy in this thread. On the one hand, many aspects of this mess obviously sucked if you set up a deal and didn't get paid what you were promised. Add a healthy dose of people still being owed a bunch of stuff, and video quality backlash and the bitterness is somewhat understandable. However, on the other hand, I would think that the success of the dvd is a career enhancing sort of thing for him. As in other people might hire him because his ideas were successful. As far as not wanting to watch the dvd's, I always thought of Jason as a businessman/deal maker, not a MSCL fan anyways.

Oh well. The party's over. Kind of funny that it feels like the topic with the most postive thread in the whole mscl dvd forum was about getting a 10% discount at amazon.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 9:25 am

pgh_kenny,
i would have to disagree with most of what you wrote. first off, i did not see a video quality problem. i did not see a disc with macrovision on it (my check disc did not have macrovision on it). several of the reviewers i spoke with said that the quality was very solid. it's just not going to be better than the master itself.

as for watching the dvds. let me adjust my previous statement. i will watch them as part of a celebration when Ross Rojek goes to prison. it is hard to celebrate when you feel that there is still a lot of unfinished business.
Last edited by Jason R on Nov 21st 2002, 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 21st 2002, 10:58 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:pgh_kenny,
first off, i did not see a video quality problem. i did not see a disc with macrovision on it
I didn't say that I personally thought there was a video quality problem, I said there was a backlash. And IMHO you'd be silly not to put on your resume that you brokered the deal that resulted in the highest selling BMG Special Product DVD ever.

BTW, if I put your last two comments together, does that mean ross is never going to jail? :) :)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 11:04 am

I guess since I always knew the set was going to sell over 20K units (closer to 30k was my guess), it is not really a surprise to me. As I said, when Ross goes to prison, I will hold my own little celebratory MSCL DVD marathon. as of right now, i'm a little pissed off. not even for the money that was stolen from me as much as the fact that the project was turned into a travesty by Ross and his flying buttmonkeys. it could have been a 100% positive experience for all.

in any case, i believe that he will get what he deserves. and i think that karma sometimes needs a little kicking. so i'm trying to help karma out as best as I can.

pgh_kenny wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:pgh_kenny,
first off, i did not see a video quality problem. i did not see a disc with macrovision on it
I didn't say that I personally thought there was a video quality problem, I said there was a backlash. And IMHO you'd be silly not to put on your resume or CV that you brokered the deal that resulted in the highest selling BMG Special Product DVD ever.

BTW, if I put your last two comments together, does that mean ross is never going to jail? :) :)

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 21st 2002, 11:29 am

I am actually amazed at how restrained you have been throughout this. If I were in your shoes, I'd be in jail for harassment by now. I'm sure there's a California law against launching flaming crap at a corporate headquarters. Or I'd try to contact those guys collecting aol cd's and pay them to divert their return shipment to aol instead to R's house or office http://www.nomoreaolcds.com/ . Sort of a modern day toilet papering. Luckily, I'm just a customer.
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:as of right now, i'm a little pissed off.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 21st 2002, 12:10 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Ross and his flying buttmonkeys.

Hehe :D I'm laughing, but in a 'I really hope RR gets his comeupance very soon' way.

Great image conjured up there, Jason.

I'm sorry you're so pissed right now. I don't blame you one iota.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------