deep discount dvd sets

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

deep discount dvd sets

Post by Lindsay » Nov 18th 2002, 10:23 pm

I wish I could just sit back and relax, but unfortuatly I still don't know if I'm getting my box set yet. Anyone that's ordered from here- did you receive a confirmation email, if so, how much longer until after you ordered, AND is the price set or does it raise after a certain period of time???? I ordered, but I haven't heard back from them yet (supposidly they email?). This is so much hassle! :shock:

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 18th 2002, 10:38 pm

The few times I have ordered from DDD I have been happy with them. It's been a while ago, so I can't 100% say they send confirmation emails, but I have to assume they do. But be careful when assuming, you know.

So long as you got an order number at the end of your order I'd say you should be fine.

And yes most places raise the prices after the product is released. If you buy it before it comes out, it's usually refered to as the "pre-order" price. The Tuesday it comes out, it should go up 5-15%.

Good luck!

For lots of good DVD price info, visit http://www.dvdtalk.com and go to the Bargains Forum. Great source of info!!

db

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: deep discount dvd sets

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 18th 2002, 10:41 pm

Lindsay wrote:I wish I could just sit back and relax, but unfortuatly I still don't know if I'm getting my box set yet. Anyone that's ordered from here- did you receive a confirmation email, if so, how much longer until after you ordered, AND is the price set or does it raise after a certain period of time???? I ordered, but I haven't heard back from them yet (supposidly they email?). This is so much hassle! :shock:
I assume you've actually placed an order with DDD. They send out an order confirmation email and a shipping email. AFAIK no one but the people in AU's 1st wave have gotten discs from anywhere. DDD's prices are set. Whatever price you ordered at is what you end up getting.

Have you actually tried calling the company or emailing them? It seems that this would solve this "hassle" with very little effort. There's also an order status button on the web page. Generally with new releases they will ship on the Monday before the Tuesday release date.

I expect there'll be a lot of backorders by the sheer number of orders placed just via Amazon (plus all the B&M retailers). I don't mind waiting, DDD charges as it ships.

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 19th 2002, 3:04 am

I didn't order the MSCL set from DDDVD, but I have used them several times in the past, and find their service to be stellar, and have had nothing but an A+ service with them. If you have any questions about your order, call 1-800-264-5076 and they can help.

chelm18
Tino

Backordered

Post by chelm18 » Nov 19th 2002, 8:54 pm

I called DeepDiscount today, to clear up an error when I filled out my order. They had to cancel, then re-enter my order. I was told that the set was on backorder until November 29th. Sad news! But I guess I can wait 10 days for that awesome price!

If anyone else hears anything different, be sure to post!
:D

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Nov 19th 2002, 9:08 pm

Mine's on backorder too... Didn't know I have to wait til Nov. 29th though. :(

I emailed deepdiscount's customer service and was told it would just be "a few days".

Anybody else starting to feel like we're just not meant to own MSCL on dvd? One delay (and disappointment) after another...sheesh. Yeah I know I should just be patient a few weeks more. But I was really counting down the days to Nov. 19th....

Sigh.

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 19th 2002, 9:18 pm

Im also starting to get the feeling that this wasn't meant to be, first the whole AU saga, which if i started to go into now would only end up in a crazy rant, then the whole amazon.ca thing, and now having my order with DDVD put onto backorder, how many companies do I need to go through, how much money do I need to spend, and how much stress to I need to incur, to get the box set. All Im saying is that it damn well better be worth it.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 20th 2002, 12:55 pm

Ugh... I just looked up my own order at DDD and it's backordered as well (I'll assume it's going to be 11/29, but I'll call to make sure).

Part of me says "No problem", no matter what date it ships. Another more vocal part wants to go to Best Buy, get the set and scream in cathartic relief in the parking lot.

We'll see which part of me prevails...

-g

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 20th 2002, 1:57 pm

GaryEA wrote:Ugh... I just looked up my own order at DDD and it's backordered as well (I'll assume it's going to be 11/29, but I'll call to make sure).

Part of me says "No problem", no matter what date it ships. Another more vocal part wants to go to Best Buy, get the set and scream in cathartic relief in the parking lot.

We'll see which part of me prevails...

-g
Now that really depends on how much that $15 and gas is worth to you, doesn't it ? :lol:

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Nov 20th 2002, 2:03 pm

I was just wondering of anyone who has used DDDVD before knows how to cancel an order?? I looked all over the website and could not find how to do that. I emailed them but did not hear back yet. I went to Best Buy last night and bought the set, I could not wait anymore and it was only about 10 dollars more!!! If anyone can help me, that would be great. Thanks!!

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 20th 2002, 2:11 pm

George,

If you do not get a reply, you can call them at 800-264-5076. They are open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 8 pm CT, and Saturday's from 9 am to 5 pm.

-g

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Nov 20th 2002, 2:13 pm

Thanks for the info Gary!!

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 20th 2002, 2:14 pm

My pleasure! I'm glad to hear that you got your discs! :D

-g

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Nov 20th 2002, 2:18 pm

I was so happy when I got them last night!! I have been waiting for so long to get these on DVD. I have them on tape of course but it is not the same at all, plus the tapes are starting to go bad! To see MSCL again, to hear the opening sequence music, to see all the characters again....Heaven!!!

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 20th 2002, 2:28 pm

George,

You're killing me here George. I may go to Best Buy after all.

So much for self-control... LOL!

Lurker1999,

Gas is no problem (I just filled up, by coincidence), it's the finances I'm woried about.

Buying the set from AU was risky at first because of the price. Thankfully, I hesitated long enough that it was revealed that other sites would have them.

I put any interest in bonus items aside and ordered from Amazon, and then hopped over to DDD when I heard of the better price.

I could reverse course and get the set for Amazon's price (roughly) at Best Buy, or hold off a week and some change and get it when DDD ships it.

Honestly, I should hold off. My wallet has been taking a pounding lately. :)

-g