2nd wave: apparently arrived at AU's warehouse

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
mephisto
Angela's best friend

2nd wave: apparently arrived at AU's warehouse

Post by mephisto » Nov 18th 2002, 4:39 pm

at ragingbull one of the AU investors posted that the 2nd wave of DVDs arrived (on November 16)

so: did they begin to ship them? Did anyone already get a tracking number?
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 18th 2002, 5:16 pm

Somone said they called last week and were told their set would ship Friday the 15th, but then AU told them it would be shipping on the 18th instead.

I'm hoping they are shipping today and that I get a tracking number tonight or something. I'm tired of waiting. I have been for a while but now that they are actually "real" I just want my set from them.

Also hoping to get to Best Buy tomorrow morning to get a set before I go crazy waiting for AU, but now I have to wait to see if I'm working tomorrow or not. I hate my job my boss never makes a schedule on time it's so annoying. :x
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Michele
Tino

Post by Michele » Nov 18th 2002, 6:10 pm

I got this e-mail today and I'm not sure what to think:

Dear Ms. XXXX,
We are sorry for the delay in responding to your email, but our email
systems have been swamped with customer service emails regarding the MSCL
project. As for your order, your set is slated to ship with the rest of wave
two, which is scheduled to begin early next week. As soon as we ship your
order, you will receive an email from us, stating that your order has been
shipped along with your UPS tracking number. The previous email was
incorrect in stating that it was supposed to ship. Although your information
was uploaded to their system, it was not scheduled to ship until wave two
ships. Again, we are sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Also,
please feel free to contact us here at Another Universe with any other
questions or concerns you may have.
-Thomas, Customer Service at Another Universe.com

I sent them an e-mail last week asking the shipping status of my order after trying to track my package for over a week and still seeing "billing info received".

Is this legit, or just another stall tactic? Did anyone else get an e-mail like this from AU?

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Nov 18th 2002, 9:59 pm

Michele,

I didn't get an email like that, but I too have had a tracking # for two weeks
with no indication that the package is going anywhere. You're the only other person I've seen mention this happening. I'd like to know if you get any other word on your package, though, so maybe I'll have some hope on mine.

Tracey
I mock you with my monkey pants.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Nov 19th 2002, 3:53 am

Michele wrote: Dear Ms. XXXX,
We are sorry for the delay in responding to your email, but our email
systems have been swamped with customer service emails regarding the MSCL
project. As for your order, your set is slated to ship with the rest of wave
two, which is scheduled to begin early next week. As soon as we ship your
order, you will receive an email from us, stating that your order has been
shipped along with your UPS tracking number. The previous email was
incorrect in stating that it was supposed to ship. Although your information
was uploaded to their system, it was not scheduled to ship until wave two
ships. Again, we are sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Also,
please feel free to contact us here at Another Universe with any other
questions or concerns you may have.
-Thomas, Customer Service at Another Universe.com
"Early next week" - I guess they may also describe this Friday as "early next week"
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 19th 2002, 9:19 pm

Michele, I got that email too. I emailed them last week asking them what the deal was with my DVD, when it was supposed to be shipped. They haven't taken the time to send me a personal email about my order, that mass email is all I've heard from them.

As for what it means...as always, when I received it I was hopeful and believed that my DVD would actually be shipped ealy this week. But it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten confirmation of their set being sent out in the supposed second wave, and once again it seems like your typical AU lie, where "early next week" means "early next month".

SlinkyGirl
Frozen Embryo

Second Wave

Post by SlinkyGirl » Nov 19th 2002, 11:18 pm

I also was double charged and pre-ordered and have yet to hear ANYTHING concerning the status of my order. I sent an email to Mike at AU but have gotten no reply. I'm starting to get a little nervous. Isn't there some way we can get a straight answer? :x

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Nov 20th 2002, 7:23 am

I'm finding it very difficult to not get frustrated by this whole fiasco.It just seems that at every turn AU screw people over. It's like they're laughing at us cos they know that if they dont read their emails and they turn their phones off, we have no direct contact with them.

First they say the sets are going to ship on the 13th, then they say the 18th. Well it's now the 20th and from what I can see nobody has heard anything from anyone. I emailed Mike and Ross, and neither have bothered to reply.

I sincerely wish that the internet fraud bureau kick their ass and bring them to their knees. A bit of legal intervention would be just desserts for Ross and his deceit.

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Nov 20th 2002, 9:39 am

My Ep4-19 set is now 'In Transit' per the UPS Tracking web site, shipped on Tuesday the 19th. Finally...
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Michele
Tino

Post by Michele » Nov 20th 2002, 10:37 am

My Ep4-19 set is now 'In Transit' per the UPS Tracking web site, shipped on Tuesday the 19th. Finally...
After reading this, I checked my tracking number again (I had pretty much given up on that and thought I was waiting for them to issue me a new number after my package didn't move for a couple of weeks). I am surprised to see that my package is now "In Transit" also and says it shipped on the 19th. Is this too good to be true?? I don't want to get my hopes up again just to find out something else is going to delay the shipment! I am in New York so I think I should be getting it by next Tuesday, the 26th. Hopefully then, this nightmare will all be over and I can finally just sit back, relax and enjoy my DVD's!

SlinkyGirl
Frozen Embryo

Post by SlinkyGirl » Nov 20th 2002, 12:32 pm

What about those of us who still have no tracking number?!

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 20th 2002, 12:57 pm

i got my dvd box from amazon...funny (but not totally surprising) how i got it earlier than some of the au people...i just need to pick it up from the mailroom! i'm so excited!

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 20th 2002, 1:26 pm

north_Star98 wrote:i got my dvd box from amazon...funny (but not totally surprising) how i got it earlier than some of the au people...i just need to pick it up from the mailroom! i'm so excited!
negative bragging rights? it is actually a very unfortunate thing for those waiting on au... after all, people that pre-ordered from au are what made wide distribution possible in the first place.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 20th 2002, 3:42 pm

negative bragging rights? it is actually a very unfortunate thing for those waiting on au... after all, people that pre-ordered from au are what made wide distribution possible in the first place.

exactly why i'm getting increasingly p-d off i pre-ordered way back at the start and just cause i'm in London i seem not to count :(
i don't think anyone should be "bragging" quite frankly so-called bragging rights disappeared when this so-called product became available elsewhere grrr i'm in a grumpy mood tonight sorry!!!
Last edited by wend74 on Nov 20th 2002, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Nov 20th 2002, 3:45 pm

wend74 wrote:exactly why i'm getting increasingly p-d off i pre-ordered way back at the start and just cause i'm in London i seem not to count :(
i don't think anyone should be "bragging" quite frankly
:((
I'm in the states and I haven't received anything yet. It's not just international customers.