Quality of DVD picture

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
nester
Tino

Post by nester » Nov 18th 2002, 10:03 pm

DoubleBilled wrote:You can have it for $180. Thats what I paid. Why don't you just get one from your partners at AU?

And you are right, I have complained about everything, because so far it all sucks. Well ok, like I said, the sound came out great (stereo, not 5.1). And the box and packaging is fine.

There, don't say I never said anything good about it.

Feel free to email them. Cheese N Rice, dude. Like that will get anywhere. Where's Laser Pacific when you need them?

db
Would you like some cheese with that wine? Speaking of quality, your signal to noise ratio is at an all time low.

Keep up the good work! :roll:

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: comparison...

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 19th 2002, 4:14 am

smackey wrote:Question for those who have the original 3 episode DVD and the new box set:
Would you say the quality of the new set is better, worse, or roughly the same as that of the original 3 episode DVD?

Thanks. Answers relative to the first disc will give me a point of reference. I ask only because I may cancel my DeepDiscountDVD order and just stick with my complete, self-recorded VHS tapes. :?
I agree that whatever the case, you shouldn't stick with videotapes. I haven't watched mine all that much and they've noticeably degraded.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 19th 2002, 9:23 pm

Am finding it hard to empathise with all you people bitching about the quality of the DVD, maybe you should just be grateful that you have it??

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 19th 2002, 11:21 pm

i didn't want to post in this thread again and give ya'll a chance to keep the hate up, but the last person made me think of something.

And if anyone else has posted this, I apologize, but it wasn't on the first page so.....

I ordered my set in late Feb. And evidently I'm one of the first to get it. Anyone order really late in the process and get it yet? Was AU showing some brain power and shipping in chronological order by date of pre-order?

Fascinating!

db

Mold E. Peaches
Liberty High Student

Post by Mold E. Peaches » Nov 19th 2002, 11:50 pm

Paint it black wrote:Am finding it hard to empathise with all you people bitching about the quality of the DVD, maybe you should just be grateful that you have it??
Exactly! tell that to the most obnoxiously rude DoubleBilled....he won't leave me alone

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 20th 2002, 12:10 am

Wow!

That was a huge thread with a lot of unnecessary, but highly entertaining, venom being tossed around. I am not a techno-geek, geek but not techno, the stuff you all are debating is like esparanto or Greek to me. I will say all and all as someone who also ordered in February that I agree with paint it black. I am just going to be a happy camper when my DVDs arrive and grateful that the dream of MSCL on DVD will finally become a reality for me.

Besides that should give me something to watch in between Lord of the Rings, Babylon 5 and South Park :D

Peace.

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 20th 2002, 12:11 am

Recovering Fetus,

What is with you avatar? What is that clip from?

Just curious.

Lance Man

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Nov 20th 2002, 1:02 am

Lance I think the avatar is of Madonna's new video for "Die Another Day"

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 20th 2002, 8:42 pm

Recovering Fetus wrote:
Paint it black wrote:Am finding it hard to empathise with all you people bitching about the quality of the DVD, maybe you should just be grateful that you have it??
Exactly! tell that to the most obnoxiously rude DoubleBilled....he won't leave me alone
I...
won't...
leave...
you...
alone?

I PM to answer your concerns and you cry that I 'won't leave you alone?' Quit being a victim. How about you back up your claim and post the TWO (2) PM's I have sent you.

db

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 20th 2002, 10:04 pm

Lance, Fetus' avatar is a clip from the new Madonna video for the Bond flick...right Fetus :?

BTW Fetus - that's pretty cool...
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 20th 2002, 10:05 pm

HEY!!! :D I'M A CHASE FACE NOW!! WOO-HOO!!
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Mold E. Peaches
Liberty High Student

Post by Mold E. Peaches » Nov 20th 2002, 11:32 pm

yeah it's from Madonna's video Die Another Day......and DB, quit whining about the quality.....all of us are sick of hearing it really......it doesn't suit you well..... :)

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 21st 2002, 8:56 pm

last word

db

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 22nd 2002, 1:54 am

I appreciate everyone posting anything about the quality of the discs. I'm very happy that the show is days from arriving, but with the money I'm spending, it would be nice to know I'm getting the best quality possible.

YES, it's fantastic that the series is within reach. It's been a long road, and you fans deserve the chance to retire your tapes and not have to trade any longer.

BUT, as someone with a limited amount of cash to spend, every purchase should be the best possible. From what I understand, even though there are flaws in the transfer, you are getting the best transfer possible. That is great news, and I look forward to watching them myself.
all of us are sick of hearing it really
Please speak for yourself El Fetus. I really don't need you as my spokesman (but thanks for trying). :wink:

-g

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 22nd 2002, 1:21 pm

By the way, I'm just busting your chops Fetus. :D

-g