How Long Will These MSCL Sets Be Available?

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
mikeyled36
Nicky Driscoll

How Long Will These MSCL Sets Be Available?

Post by mikeyled36 » Nov 17th 2002, 8:14 pm

Hey all I was just wondering how long we will be able to purchase these. Have only a certain number been made for retail and when they sell out they are gone? I want to buy the set but I don't really have the money right now and I am thinking about buying them after the holidays. I need to save my money to buy Christmas presents. I have a set ordered at DeepDiscountDVD.com but I may cancel. I don't want to miss out on buying a set though and then see them be sold at ridiculous prices on eBay because they aren't available anymore. Help

Mikey

mikeyled36
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mikeyled36 » Nov 17th 2002, 9:23 pm

test

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 17th 2002, 9:27 pm

Count on them being widely available until the rights expire in April. There will then be a 6 month sell-off period.

After that, Buena Vista will control the masters again.

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 17th 2002, 11:07 pm

Interesting. Why didn't Buena Vista do something with them to begin with? And do you think a Buena Vista set will come later, with better features and such?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 17th 2002, 11:32 pm

BMG licensed from BV pretty much right after it was cancelled, so BV could not do anything with it.

Will BV do anything with it? Perhaps. It woudn't cost them much to do it, and now that they are doing other niche-ish shows, they could. I don't think they knew of any outtakes. However, it would be nice to sit the producers in a room to record commentary. I wouldn't bet on it happening for years, though. (unless the DVDs are still selling strong when rights expire, that is).
Calhoun07 wrote:Interesting. Why didn't Buena Vista do something with them to begin with? And do you think a Buena Vista set will come later, with better features and such?

Mold E. Peaches
Liberty High Student

Post by Mold E. Peaches » Nov 18th 2002, 1:10 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:BMG licensed from BV pretty much right after it was cancelled, so BV could not do anything with it.

Will BV do anything with it? Perhaps. It woudn't cost them much to do it, and now that they are doing other niche-ish shows, they could. I don't think they knew of any outtakes. However, it would be nice to sit the producers in a room to record commentary. I wouldn't bet on it happening for years, though. (unless the DVDs are still selling strong when rights expire, that is).
Calhoun07 wrote:Interesting. Why didn't Buena Vista do something with them to begin with? And do you think a Buena Vista set will come later, with better features and such?
yeah it'll probably be like every other DVD .....when a movie comes out, they release the DVD with some special features, then like a year or two later, they come out with a special edition with more features than the first....a good marketing ploy if they play it smart....i've bought many a film twice because of this.....i guess i'm just an easy target...lol..... :wink: cause i'm a sucker for added bonuses......