Jason's next project

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 15th 2002, 5:42 pm

mglenn wrote:Hmmm...

Release Jason on the sad people who have not released the second season of Twin Peaks. Make sure he stays on the people releasing Babylon 5 and I'd personally like to see Get Real again... oh and Parker Louis Can't Lose too.
on Twin Peaks: patience, patience. Artisan is working on it. After all, the quality of season 1 was just great. So give them the time they need --> http://www.dugpa.com

on Babylon 5: that's what JMS (in rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated) had to say about DVD sales and the release date of the next season:
All I'll say is that Warners is, apparently, stunned.[...]
I don't know if they'll be able to move up the date, which last I heard was
about April, but I did hear the other day that they want to get the next set up and running asap. It's suddenly become a priority item.
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 15th 2002, 9:23 pm

I don't know if it's remembered well enough to warrant a DVD release, but the program was awesome, and it was another ABC series cut short. The TV series I want on DVD more than anything else is Nothing Sacred, the drama series about priests in the inner city, complete with the unaired episode HIV Priest. I don't know who owns the rights, or the chances we will see this, but this show needs to be seen again.

I wanted to add that I feel that Jason's next project, whatever it would be, should be a show that other wise would probably never come to DVD. I see several listed here that have more than a fighting chance to get to the format without his help. While Nothing Sacred may not be the #1 choice of posters here, it would certainly be one that has more of a cult following and more than likely never have a chance to get on DVD without an advocate behind the project.

Of those mentioned, I also feel Max Headroom and Misfits of Science fall into this category. Whatever Jason's next project is, I don't want to see a TV show that is like any other release, but unique shows that are forgotten by many but still kept alive by the fans. How about the American Greatest Hero?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 16th 2002, 9:07 am

Mephisto,

Great news about Babylon 5. I tried that link you gave me about MJS comments on Babylon 5 and it didn't work. Could you please double check that url and repost it for me?

Thanks,

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 16th 2002, 9:09 am

Cool rider,

Yeah I would loove to see Fraggle Rock on DVD. Great choice.

Lance Man

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 16th 2002, 9:22 am

I would really like to have :

Darkwing Duck : "Suck gas evil doers ! "
Earth 2 (1 season wonder)
My So-Called Life ( 1 season wonder )

No wait, I think that last one is coming to DVD. I remember paying something for it a few months ago... Did anyone get any news about it ? I think it was an EXCLUSIVE deal ;-)

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 16th 2002, 12:36 pm

lance wrote:Great news about Babylon 5. I tried that link you gave me about MJS comments on Babylon 5 and it didn't work. Could you please double check that url and repost it for me?
Lance, it's a newsgroup - and the only place on the internet JMS posts to regarding B5:

if you have access to the usenet via your provider, this link should work:
news:rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

if not, try Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=rec.a ... .moderated

oh, http://www.jmsnews.com is a free service that provides an archive of messages posted by JMS since 1991
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

TV series on DVD Wish List

Post by neppie » Nov 16th 2002, 1:09 pm

A Year in the Life
China Beach
WKRP in Cincinnati

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: TV series on DVD Wish List

Post by GordLacey » Nov 16th 2002, 2:45 pm

neppie wrote:A Year in the Life
China Beach
WKRP in Cincinnati
WKRP will NEVER come to DVD (this came from someone at Fox). The music rights would cost millions.

Gord

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 16th 2002, 4:16 pm

Okay, this one is from the wife... a *true* impossibility, just for sheer volume!

The Young And The Restless

What is that, nearly 250 hours in the first year alone (5 days a week, one hour per day...)

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Nov 16th 2002, 4:54 pm

Jason, again I suggest Roswell, with original music left intact. Please. Please. P-L-E-A-S-E! :) Other series I'd like to own full season sets of:

My Life and Times - Tom Irwin prior to MSCL
Relativity
Thirtysomething
The Twilight Zone - 1985 CBS relaunch
Homefront - does anyone have pristine Stereo VHS tapes for trade/sale?
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Earth 2
Johnny Quest - the original classic series
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

DVDs what else

Post by lance » Nov 16th 2002, 10:51 pm

Hey all,

Mephisto, thanks for the quick reply.

I think WKRP would be great!

Again, would love to see Exosquad come to DVD.

Lance Man

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 17th 2002, 3:45 am

If we are going to mention comedies, I would love to see Maybe It's Me on DVD, the WB sitcom from last year with Regean Dale Neis, Julia Sweeny and Fred Willard. It got low ratings, but has a loyal fan base, and was extremely funny and good. I miss that show more than most.

RayneFire
Frozen Embryo

Post by RayneFire » Nov 17th 2002, 4:34 am

American Gothic
Earth 2
Space, Above and Beyond
China Beach
21 Jump Street

Oh, and a bit early to mention this, but Firefly. Especially if Fox doesn't air all the episodes.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 17th 2002, 6:20 am

with Babylon 5, Buffy, DS9, TNG, Twin Peaks, Malcolm in the Middle already being/getting released, I just hope for

- Millennium
- Picket Fences
- The Wonder Years
- Boston Public

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 17th 2002, 11:14 am

According to the Rumor Mill page on The Digital Bits, (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html), Millennium is in the works for 2003.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.