So, how old are we?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Nov 14th 2002, 11:22 pm

I just found off-topic, whadaya know!?

I'm on the 23 side of 22.

Tracey
I mock you with my monkey pants.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 15th 2002, 1:04 pm

Worldsapart, where have you been? The forum is so empty without ya! Where are all your old-timer friends? Please bring them all back ! :D
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 15th 2002, 3:20 pm

Wow.. I feel young. I'm 21. I thought I was old beofre I saw the poll results.
I think I first saw MSCL in 94 or at least when it first aired in Sweden but I only saw a couple of episodes. LOVED IT though and was very happy to see it the second airing. But that time I missed the last couple of episodes and the christmas episode (My so-called angels). And until this third or fourth airing in Sweden I had never seen the letter-episode. It was exiting. I have all episodes now. 1-4 on DVD and the rest on video from tv-recording. I instantly had a crush on Jordan when I first saw the show. But I have learned to appreciate all the other characters now :)
----------------
Make it count.

worldsapart
Between Names

here

Post by worldsapart » Nov 15th 2002, 9:02 pm

K-Man,

I'm been lurking around the DVD forums for the last several months, watching everything go down, but I haven't done much in the way of posting. I don't know what happened to everyone! Maybe they're like me and waiting for the DVDs to watch and then renew discussion topics in their heads.

Tracey

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 15th 2002, 9:48 pm

O.K. my dear. We just never see the old guard's comments anymore and it bums me out. Make sure you come-on-back when you watch the DVD's and bring your friends! I miss Oldguy's thought-provoking posts. :cry:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 15th 2002, 10:23 pm

Hey Tracey! Nice to have you back. :D

Just wondering, did you ever get published? I'm curious 'cuz I've recently started a creative writing course and if I ever get any good at it, well, let's just say my current occupation of armchair philosopher is cozy, but it dosn't exactly pay the bills. :roll:

From The Daria Diaries, by Anne D. Bernstein:

Maybe I flatter myself, but I think I could be a professional writer if I put my mind to it. A bitter, angry hack who starts fistfights at cocktail parties -- I could do that job.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Nov 15th 2002, 10:34 pm

I'm not published yet, but I'm still working on it. Right now I'm actually delving into the world of screenwriting, with the prospect of making an independent film. It's tough to make the transition from novel to screenplay (the structure is so different), but I'm trudging through it. One terrible, terrible screenplay down, one really cool one coming up (I hope). My novel(s) is still coming along too, but I've kinda got a one track mind.

Tracey

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 16th 2002, 1:33 am

worldsapart wrote:I'm not published yet, but I'm still working on it. Right now I'm actually delving into the world of screenwriting, with the prospect of making an independent film. It's tough to make the transition from novel to screenplay (the structure is so different), but I'm trudging through it. One terrible, terrible screenplay down, one really cool one coming up (I hope). My novel(s) is still coming along too, but I've kinda got a one track mind.

Tracey
Right on. We'll look for you at the Oscars in say, a decade or two?

(Or sooner, if your IF takes off)

:D
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 19th 2002, 4:06 am

Nostradamus wrote:
worldsapart wrote:I'm not published yet, but I'm still working on it. Right now I'm actually delving into the world of screenwriting, with the prospect of making an independent film. It's tough to make the transition from novel to screenplay (the structure is so different), but I'm trudging through it. One terrible, terrible screenplay down, one really cool one coming up (I hope). My novel(s) is still coming along too, but I've kinda got a one track mind.

Tracey
Right on. We'll look for you at the Oscars in say, a decade or two?

(Or sooner, if your IF takes off)

:D
I really wanted to write. Um, as an occupation. Looking more unlikely every year. Ranting on forums seems to be all i can manage that way. :cry:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 19th 2002, 4:48 am

I know what you mean, SCL. If I put the effort of my posting here into creative writing, I'd have a novel by now! :lol:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain