amazon.ca no go... WHICH one then?!?!

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

amazon.ca no go... WHICH one then?!?!

Post by Lindsay » Nov 14th 2002, 8:16 pm

Ok, I've emailed amazon.ca as well about their pushing back the date of the box set and the item not even being axcessable now. Since you guys have been so great with advice in the past (regards to even finding OUT about the dvd box set) I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest which company to go with. I'm a little tight on cash but I know I really want the entire series. Please help me...... this whole ordeal is beginning to become quite a pain. Thanks again![/quote]

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Re: amazon.ca no go... WHICH one then?!?!

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 14th 2002, 10:34 pm

Lindsay wrote:Ok, I've emailed amazon.ca as well about their pushing back the date of the box set and the item not even being axcessable now. Since you guys have been so great with advice in the past (regards to even finding OUT about the dvd box set) I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest which company to go with. I'm a little tight on cash but I know I really want the entire series. Please help me...... this whole ordeal is beginning to become quite a pain. Thanks again!
[/quote]

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com has the set for about $47.00, with free shipping if you select the standard shipping method. I think you pay three bucks to have it priority shipped. Since I got raped by AU on the price, I didn't order it from them, but that's the lowest price I've seen on line.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 14th 2002, 10:51 pm

AFAIK DDD doesn't ship to Canada.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 14th 2002, 10:58 pm

Amazon.com then? I think it's just a problem with the set being released inCanada.

Amazon.com still has it listed, as well as tons of other places in the US.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Nov 15th 2002, 8:58 am

so-called customer wrote:AFAIK DDD doesn't ship to Canada.
They seem to, but they classs Canada as "International" so Canadians don't get the free shipping.

chelm18
Tino

Post by chelm18 » Nov 15th 2002, 10:12 am

DeepDiscountDVD does ship to Canada, but as you said it is classified as international shipping and you pay $8.95 for it. But, add that to the price, factor in the exchange rate, and it is STILL cheaper than Amazon.ca.
I ordered from DDD last week, no problems at all.

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Thanks guys....

Post by Lindsay » Nov 15th 2002, 7:44 pm

I just recieved an email back from amazon.ca and they HAVE cancelled it. Lovely. So, I'll try the dicount store then and have it shipped....not too bad. What would I do without everyone's help..... I'm hopeless! Thanks again guys.

chelm18
Tino

I Stand Corrected

Post by chelm18 » Nov 15th 2002, 7:47 pm

DeepDiscountDVD.com DOES offer a special shipping rate to Canada. $3.95.

So, cheaper still! :D

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Is deep discount dvd dodgy?

Post by Lindsay » Nov 15th 2002, 9:20 pm

This is the last one guys... just wondering if anyone knows if deep discount discount is legit? secure? I've never heard of it before....slightly nervous. It's so incredibly cheap (cheaper than amazon.ca). even in Canadian.

chelm18
Tino

Post by chelm18 » Nov 15th 2002, 9:29 pm

Lindsay - Check out this thread.

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... torder=asc

it persuaded me to order with DeepDiscount. (I too am from Canada, and I too had never heard of this company before).

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

chelm 18

Post by Lindsay » Nov 15th 2002, 10:33 pm

thanks! Makes me feel tons better. Can't wait!