Jason's next project

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
McClainNH
Frozen Embryo

Jason's next project

Post by McClainNH » Nov 15th 2002, 2:50 am

So, now that Jason has respectfully bowed (is that how you spell it?) out of the whole MSCL set (good for you Jason!) who else thinks that his next project should be getting the first two seasons (and by the time it happens, maybe even the third) of Ed on DVD? Anyone who says no, please don't reply, as you'll just be advertising your lack of taste :D

And this time maybe things'll work out okay for everyone.

Chris

"The profundiality of such sweet gloriosity brings us justificationals to be jubilationatory."
-Don King

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Nov 15th 2002, 3:28 am

Probably after syndication (if it happens for Ed) you will start to see the dvds appear. I dont want to advertise my bad taste, but I havent seen Ed yet!

I also dont want to take control of your thread, but I personally would love to see more 80's shows on dvd, Voyagers, Degrassi Junior High, Square Pegs, Jem and the Holograms, Rags to Riches and all the other 'great' stuff! I mean who in their right mind is ever going to release those? I figure one day we will probably see the classic 80's ones, Wonder Woman, Charlies Angels (both more 70s), Family Ties, Cosby etc, but what about those one season wonders? At least Ed has a chance for dvd! Jason start an 80's dvd set :)
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"I will follow him..."

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 15th 2002, 4:56 am

cool rider wrote:Rags to Riches
Bless you. I had most of the episodes on tape so that my youngest sister could watch them over and over and over. Our family still does the "One Fine Day" dance from the pilot whenever we hear that song. We almost got thrown out of Ed Debevic's for doing it.

:D

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Nov 15th 2002, 5:48 am

i want these on DVD..... some will never happen though:

Relativity (1 season)
Boy Meets World (7 seasons)
Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place (4 seasons)
Beavis and Butthead (7 seasons)
Freaks and Geeks (1 season)
Undeclared (1 season)
Saved By the Bell (4 seasons + Jr. High 2 seasons + Hawaiian Style and 1 season College Years)
California Dreams (5 seasons)
Freakylinks (1 season)
Family Guy (3 seasons)
Growing Pains (7 seasons)
Ally McBeal (5 seasons)
That 70's Show (5+ seasons)
MST3K (11 seasons?)
Newsradio (5 seasons)
Quantum Leap (5 seasons)
Spin City (6 seasons)
Seinfeld (9 seasons)
Saturday Night Live (28+ seasons)
The Single Guy (2 seasons)
The State (2 seasons?)
Unhappily Ever After (5 seasons)
The Wonder Years (6 seasons)

and some shows that i don't necessarily care whether or not they're on DVD, but i'm suprised they are not (yet):

thirtysomething (4 seasons)
Beverly Hills: 90210 (10 seasons)
Melrose Place (7 seasons)
Party of Five (6 seasons)

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 15th 2002, 8:24 am

shadowkewl, you've got quite the list... i'd be happy with a small subset of your list.
shadowkewl wrote:i want these on DVD..... some will never happen though:

Boy Meets World (7 seasons)
Beavis and Butthead (7 seasons)
Undeclared (1 season)
Saved By the Bell (4 seasons + Jr. High 2 seasons + Hawaiian Style and 1 season College Years)
That 70's Show (5+ seasons)
Seinfeld (9 seasons)

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Nov 15th 2002, 8:50 am

shadowkewl wrote:i want these on DVD..... some will never happen though:

snip

Ally McBeal (5 seasons)
Much of Ally has already been released outside the US.

Seasons 1-4 have been released in the UK (although I'd give S4 a miss, as I think Ally was widescreen by S4 and it's just 4:3 on the UK DVD's).

Season 1 has also been released in Australia as an exclusive with these guys: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/22004 ... 08%3AvitRd

Note: You'd need a multiregion player that can convert PAL in both cases.

Dave.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 15th 2002, 9:31 am

higgy wrote:Seasons 1-4 have been released in the UK (although I'd give S4 a miss, as I think Ally was widescreen by S4 and it's just 4:3 on the UK DVD's).
in Germany Ally is in 16:9 starting with season 3 --> amazon.de

btw, Family Guy Season 1 was already released in the UK; Season 2 planned for early 2003 --> r2-dvd.org
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

starseuss
Frozen Embryo

Post by starseuss » Nov 15th 2002, 12:08 pm

I'm just ecstatic that anyone else remembers Freakylinks. It was fantastic and the only episode I have on tape is the last one which was completely different than all the others. Also I would pay big money to have Two Guys, A Girl, and A Pizza Place on dvd. Another show that I wish was available that I know will never happen is Get Real. It's sad that some of the best shows get cancelled so quickly.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 15th 2002, 12:29 pm

shadowkewl wrote:That 70's Show (5+ seasons)
OH Yeah I'm all about That 70's Show on DVD! Great choices shadowkewl!

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Nov 15th 2002, 3:00 pm

Oh yeah - Rags To Riches! I just wish I had that show on tape (or dvd) because my memories are fading. I found a real audio file of the theme song online, and it was such a rush to hear it again.

I posted my dvd wish-list in the off-topic forum...but I can't resist doing it again (and this time I won't limit myself to 10) :) I'll cut out the comments I made before, so hopefully this post won't be too redundant:

Jem!
Daria
Family Ties
Flash Forward
Prey
Gilmore Girls
She-Ra
Generation O!
Relativity
Animaniacs
Girl From Tomorrow
VR.5
Perfect Strangers
Fraggle Rock
Covington Cross
Tenspeed & Brownshoe
Rags To Riches
Greg The Bunny
Freakazoid
Roswell

I also really hope the rest of Felicity and Once & Again is released.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Nov 15th 2002, 3:43 pm

Hmmm...

Release Jason on the sad people who have not released the second season of Twin Peaks. Make sure he stays on the people releasing Babylon 5 and I'd personally like to see Get Real again... oh and Parker Louis Can't Lose too.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Nov 15th 2002, 3:43 pm

leerosevere,

Fraggle Rock would be so great! I always forget about that show.

I would also like to see V: the series on dvd, since they already have the two movies on dvd.
The rest of Twin Peaks.
Popular
Strangers with Candy

and I know there are so many more I cant think of.
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Nov 15th 2002, 3:44 pm

Wow we must have submitted that Twin Peaks request at almost the same time :shock:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 15th 2002, 4:34 pm

American Gothic
Profit
Max Headroom
Probe
The Flash
Batman (Adam West)
The Nanny
Smallville
Misfits of Science
Quark
Sledge Hammer
Police Squad

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Nov 15th 2002, 5:39 pm

Hey cool rider, I like your signature. :)

At least I don't have to worry about Buffy and Angel...I know all the seasons will be on dvd eventually.

I second your vote for an 80's set...There are so many shows from my childhood that I'd love to see again. I don't really care about the 70's revival we seem to be going through... Bring back the 80's!